tonyoliver

web sites for windowcleaners
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:26 pm »
can anyone let me know how just do you get a window cleaning web site up and running how much?
your expert advice please

Re: web sites for windowcleaners
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:35 pm »
U need to get a domain.. expect to pay about £6 for 2 years for a .co.uk doamin.

You then need hosting, not sure on current prices i host a lot of sites on my hosting plan, for for a starter package its about £1.85 a month.

Websites can be built for about £100 for like 3-5 pages.

Pretty much the basics there, if you think thats summin for you?

P®oPole™

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:38 am »

russ_clark

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:13 am »
speak to windowwashers on this site he builds them.
He must be having a lie in this morning though ;D ;D

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:50:22 am »
Cheers Russ,

www.windowwashers.co.uk/websitedesign.htm

07788 732 789 if you want to have a chat with me.

Ian

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »
nathan on acs forum dus them

craig b

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 12:20:40 pm »
Hi,

I have a good friend who runs a design agency.  He is currently working on my website and is very reasonable with budgets and pricing.

Contact him;

hello@tailorcreative.com
+44 2893210485

He can also present you with visual previews and has worked alongside such companies as:

Miss Moneypennys
Teddy Smith
Bebo
Facebook
Nuff Inc
Emo Oil

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 01:52:49 pm »
nathan on acs forum dus them

Nathanal Jones? Yeah he's on here too. He has a thread asking for comments on his latest creation..

what tonyoliver really needs to do is get a cheap website built first - just a few pages.

Not everyone needs a website, its really depends on how you are marketing your business, and who you are marketing it too.

If you feel you need to add to the content or get a better website built later, then go can go from there.

A lot of website companies or individuals who do them are really quite expensive even for just a few pages.

I personally built mine from scratch, its not what you would call professionally built, but its does the job. Id never have been able to get it done using the colour scheme i have used using pre made layouts.

Id not have a problem doing a single page for you for free including hosting. I have a few web design packages i can use with pre made templates.

All you would have to pay for is a domain and email box to go with it - but that can be done after a design was done.

Dont feel you have to accept, but the offer is there, should you feel that might be the way to go to start with.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 03:09:44 pm »
I use these:

www.net-wurx.com

Man's name is Adam Bowler - very helpful and reasonable prices.  Check out my site at www.ianlancaster.co.uk - design was £300 and annual maintenance £140

I can change my text, photos etc as many times as I want at no extra cost.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 03:47:11 pm »
I do bit and pieces of web design,... but only when the wife won't let me spend any more money and I want to earn a bit on the side to put towards the SL2 I've been dreaming of for the last year! :)

Window Washers (Ian) is the real expert,.. his sites rank high in Google almost instantly.

The last site I did is:

www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk

Built from a template, so it's nice and pro looking but it keeps the costs down. The downside is that there might be a couple of other window cleaners somewhere in the world with a very similar website.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 03:57:43 pm »
I do bit and pieces of web design,... but only when the wife won't let me spend any more money and I want to earn a bit on the side to put towards the SL2 I've been dreaming of for the last year! :)

Window Washers (Ian) is the real expert,.. his sites rank high in Google almost instantly.

The last site I did is:

Built from a template, so it's nice and pro looking but it keeps the costs down. The downside is that there might be a couple of other window cleaners somewhere in the world with a very similar website.

I found those 2 templates you have used for yourself and majestic, its a shame there are no more available. At least for residential type of window cleaning.

As you have used those, i dont feel i would want to use them, or use them for anyone else..

matt

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 03:59:22 pm »

The last site I did is:

nat, did you do the flash banner / header at the top ? ? ? ?

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 04:08:51 pm »

The last site I did is:

No thats part of the template.

matt

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »

The last site I did is:

No thats part of the template.

i dont s.pose you can either E.mail the link to the template site then ;)

pjulk

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 05:25:33 pm »

matt

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 06:09:18 pm »

Matt, I can code flash stuff, good rates  ;), Take a look at my personal site ht tp://www.far-site.co.uk

no banners on there but you can see what I can do.

i dont want any done, cheers for the offer, i have done a few site intro's in flash in the past, i was just interested to be honest

geefree

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:01 am »
can anyone let me know how just do you get a window cleaning web site up and running how much?
your expert advice please

are you as confused as me.... thats why i dare not ask anymore... it gets too confusing... banners, flash gordon and superman etc....

would be nice to get a very cheap site up and running as an add on... nothing more at this stage...

that would be more helpful to us not so technical guys.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 09:34:36 am »
Most hosting companies do a "website builder" online gizmo where you just fill in the empty boxes and upload a pic or 2, and it does the rest automatically for you.

The result isn't fantastic, but it'll do the job, and costs next to nothing.

The advantage of getting someone to build a site for you is the search engine optimisation. You can build yourself the best looking site in the world, but if Google doesn't find it then neither will your potential customers.

jaykie

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 09:42:20 am »
after searching ive found loads of templates that ive seen you guys use,

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 11:33:07 am »
You can get free web sites as

synthasite com
all you pay for is your domain name and hosting
free templates at

freecsstemplates org/

Dale Smith

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 08:21:56 pm »
Tony, give Ian a ring, he did our website and its brought in loads of work for us, and still is.
Ian constantly checks it scores high on google as part of the package.

In my opinion no matter how good a website looks, if it does not figure on searches it is completely useless, no matter how good it may look..... ;)
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Kevin R

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 10:25:16 pm »
Tony, give Ian a ring, he did our website and its brought in loads of work for us, and still is.
Ian constantly checks it scores high on google as part of the package.

In my opinion no matter how good a website looks, if it does not figure on searches it is completely useless, no matter how good it may look..... ;)

Very well said, the search engine optimization is really important. You could have the best looking website in the world but its no good on page 6

tailorcreative

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 11:18:39 am »
Hi there,

I believe you need a website?

We offer a wide range of "packages" with ALOT of hostage space (1 - 6 gb space/1 - 3 TB bandwidth) and free domain name plus a website with x amount of pages.

Drop me a an email for a quote; hello@tailorcreative.com

We also offer marketing for each client and top 10 ranking via google search.  Also website statistics and reporting for each client.

If is just a basic website you need and up asap we offer this service very cheap but again email for quote and requirements.  We have a small team on hand for any issues and last minute testing issues.  - Don't worry we will not quote you £10,000 for a website, it would be a fraction of that as we like small businesses to grow digitally as well as boutique businesses.

Thanks

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 12:25:18 pm »
Hi there,

We offer a wide range of "packages" with ALOT of hostage space (1 - 6 gb space/1 - 3 TB bandwidth) and free domain name plus a website with x amount of pages.

We also offer marketing for each client and top 10 ranking via google search.  Also website statistics and reporting for each client.

If is just a basic website you need and up asap we offer this service very cheap but again email for quote and requirements.  We have a small team on hand for any issues and last minute testing issues.  - Don't worry we will not quote you £10,000 for a website, it would be a fraction of that as we like small businesses to grow digitally as well as boutique businesses.

Thanks

Hmm, wasnt there a ruling that states no advertising! first post and 1 advert.  >:(

Other people that have posted their services are actual /b]window cleaners who do website and SEO on the side, and also offer advise to all mention of things..

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2008, 12:46:38 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks

Hmm, wasnt there a ruling that states no advertising! first post and 1 advert.  >:(

Other people that have posted their services are actual /b]window cleaners who do website and SEO on the side, and also offer advise to all mention of things..
do a search for window cleaners web sites  ;)

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 01:54:26 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks

I guess moderation and admin are slack then :P

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2008, 03:10:36 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks

I have permission  ;)

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2008, 03:34:58 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks

I have permission  ;)

As i said before, you are an actual window cleaner, you give advise and help to anyone that requires it and contribute to this forum. You haven't specifically signed up and gone out to advertise your web site services. 

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 04:14:34 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks

I have permission  ;)

As i said before, you are an actual window cleaner, you give advise and help to anyone that requires it and contribute to this forum. You haven't specifically signed up and gone out to advertise your web site services. 
Thank you, I will take that as a complement  ;D