tonylee

matrix solutions
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:30:08 pm »
Hi all.
Had a call on my mobile while I was working today from this matrix solutions company.
He was banging on about health and safety and told me I had to register with the HSE as a window cleaner.
He also said that each and every job needed a risk assessment and method statement, even though I'm 90% domestic and use wfp.
Now with my limited Knowlege I could write a method statement and risk assessment that I could use that for all my domestics, my few commercials may need them to be adapted abit.
It seems though that for just £199. this company will do it all for me as it needs to legal.
So what I need help on is, is he right or is this just another scam to reduce my doe by 200 nicker
Thanks
Tony

trevor perry

Re: matrix solutions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:46:00 pm »
you only need written method statements and risk assessments if you employ 5 people or more otherwise a mental risk assessment is enough, having said that if you do apply for any commercial work then the likelyhood is that they would require these from you for you to stand any chance of getting the work, the part about registering with the HSE i know nothing about and have never done so myself although i do know that in scotland you are supposed to apply for a licence but i dont know who with as we are not based in scotland.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

tonylee

Re: matrix solutions New
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:27:13 pm »
Thanks Trev.
So a bit of a con then
Tony