tonyoliver

metal hose reel a simple fix
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:33:30 pm »
like on apollo 13 i needed to find a solution to my ever leaking metal hose reel it leaks at the joint with the hoselock and the metal male fitting just like everyone elses.............
until today

useing just the items in the van i made a simple fix to stop this here goes;

take the 13mm hose off and remove  hoselock fitting .

then cut an old length of microbore and fit inside the 13.. hose . place a brass or plastic microbore hose  repair connector onto the microbore tube

replace the hoselock fitting and onto the part of the repair  connector sticking out of the hoselock place a few inchs of  clear plastic hose

(the type hat came with the standard poles but you all replace) .

push the tubing into the hole on  the  male metal fitting on the reel ond push on the  hoselock fitting .

bingo no leaks.....

as the point of water  pressure is now within the spindle and not on the rubber seal on the male fitting no more leaks and also the microbore dosent sweel as the 13mm hose did before at the joint and has an extra protection from anything dropping on the  hose

one small step  for window cleaners
one giant leap for wfp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tonyoliver

Re: metal hose reel a simple fix
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:40:48 pm »
you all slept on this one?

NWH

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:42:14 pm »
You could always buy a brass swivel lol. ;D ;D ;D

Mike 108

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:20:34 pm »
Tony - It sounds good and I'm sure your description of the assembly is simple enough to follow (for most people) - but pictures would be nice (especially of the  'length of microbore/repair connector/clear plastic hose and the position within the Hoselock fitting).

NWH - Have you used a 'brass swivel connector' and if so - are they 100% leak free?

Mike

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:58 pm »
What part is this microbore repair connector?  ???

NWH

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 10:55:34 pm »
Tony - It sounds good and I'm sure your description of the assembly is simple enough to follow (for most people) - but pictures would be nice (especially of the  'length of microbore/repair connector/clear plastic hose and the position within the Hoselock fitting).

NWH - Have you used a 'brass swivel connector' and if so - are they 100% leak free?

Mike
I have 1 and got it for the same reason your on about,leaks constantly.Alex sells them and they are a perfect remedy.

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:03 am »
hi
i have used a swivel connector from gardiners for over 1 year , every couple of mounths os so replace o ring on male spindle as it wears , but cheap to replace , a pack of 10 is under £2.00 from cleantech. i fit the female connector using a jubillee clip for added security

daz

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 11:06:06 am »
I've got the brass swivel as well, 4 months so far, no leaks. :)