serious offer ionics ;D
its  650 ibc
mounted in a steel retainer
bolted thru floor
held down with ratchet straps
its a t reg scudo
motd in june
red ;)

There is nothing 'unsafe' about ratchet straps. I would prefer to have the above system held in place with 4 decent ratchet straps to approved mounting points than the very feeble metal fixings as shown above. If had the above system I would add a couple of ratchet straps to give it half a chance of staying place.

L.J.Thorpe

Re: like my van like mykit
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 08:04:17 pm »
10 bolts in total
hi tensile apparently
spreader plates behind
retainer tray is 5mm galvanized steel
4 cleats welded on to attach the straps
two straps 5 tonne
offer still stands ;)

J.D

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 10:02:25 pm »
It looks the dogs coohoonas.  ;)  I would stick the straps on as well, better safe than sorry . It looks a nice tidy job and a decent price for van and system. The signage on the van is nice and minimal and i think personally  that works much better. I see window cleaning vans out there with so much info on them, you see everything but whats most important "The telephone number". What year is your van?

tonyoliver

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 10:11:50 pm »
thanks for the interest mates the system was expensive at 5200 but when i was looking ionics was 8500 for a similar set up plus extras brodex was about the same and it looked a good set up it is my first system and after 20 years in the game i was about to give up..................................... go back to crime or whatever this has given me a new lease of life
my hair fell out geting it to clean well but thanks to you all on the forum the problems are solved .
the learning curve was swift and fast just like when you buy your first motorbike .
the half inch hose had to go microbore all the way the fibreglass poles went west when they wore out !!!!
backpack were discovered as well as many small mods to get the thing to do what i wanted it to do.
 it impresses the public and fellow wc alike which for snob value is quite important.
 it makes water well and takes a few hours to fill up but can be pluged in on my travels...  i have had to spend on resin filters only once and its a year old the bolts were not an issue till ionics sent the brouchere through it has plates under the floor as well as the brackets on the floor all around the tank the price included fitting and speedlining. i like it and wow has it changed my life
now i truely dont know what is going to kill me.................... as the ladders are now just for access and show i do 75%WFP THE REST TRAD  life is sooooooo much better now  it has cost over the year about £22 per day to buy and run with all the extras and will go down to £11 by this time next year. i would recomend it but as always think of the cost can your busniss support this type of outlay the van was 8500 so all in it had cost over14000 to set up new work has come in and i make over 100 per week more than i did two years ago and dont feel dead at the end of the day window cleaning is no longer a young mans game

NWH

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:19 pm »
thanks for the interest mates the system was expensive at 5200 but when i was looking ionics was 8500 for a similar set up plus extras brodex was about the same and it looked a good set up it is my first system and after 20 years in the game i was about to give up..................................... go back to crime or whatever this has given me a new lease of life
my hair fell out geting it to clean well but thanks to you all on the forum the problems are solved .
the learning curve was swift and fast just like when you buy your first motorbike .
the half inch hose had to go microbore all the way the fibreglass poles went west when they wore out !!!!
backpack were discovered as well as many small mods to get the thing to do what i wanted it to do.
 it impresses the public and fellow wc alike which for snob value is quite important.
 it makes water well and takes a few hours to fill up but can be pluged in on my travels...  i have had to spend on resin filters only once and its a year old the bolts were not an issue till ionics sent the brouchere through it has plates under the floor as well as the brackets on the floor all around the tank the price included fitting and speedlining. i like it and wow has it changed my life
now i truely dont know what is going to kill me.................... as the ladders are now just for access and show i do 75%WFP THE REST TRAD  life is sooooooo much better now  it has cost over the year about £22 per day to buy and run with all the extras and will go down to £11 by this time next year. i would recomend it but as always think of the cost can your busniss support this type of outlay the van was 8500 so all in it had cost over14000 to set up new work has come in and i make over 100 per week more than i did two years ago and dont feel dead at the end of the day window cleaning is no longer a young mans game
Not being funny at all but you were ripped off big time at £5200 for that,they were cashing in that firm in the early days of WFP,they wouldn`t get anywhere near that today hence no website anymore i think.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 10:15:06 pm »
Over 4k for a days work,not bad if you can get it.

tonyoliver

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 10:22:37 pm »
j.d on the drivers door nice an minimal the leaflets cards and letterheads all match. a far cry from scribbled notes on a bit of scrap paper - jeans tee shirt and an old astra estate no offence to the trad boys of course but life is so much better looking pro- feeling pro just pull along side the trad boys in the n reg car and you will feel the difference sounds snobby but this is the way our busniss will go and grow look at the building trade  and bt  and sky ect and how thir image has improved just by a little bit of showmanship we can do much the same and charge accordingly
best moment when  a new custy said i called after seeing ONE of your vans  i see them around a lot these days !!!!!!!!!!!!in  it was me having a sarnie  and a brew advertiseing does work... try it boys

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 10:22:53 pm »
Sheesh, £5200 for the system alone? Should have gone purefreedom and saved yourself 3k for a better system.  :(

tonyoliver

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:03 pm »
nw no offence taken i liked the look of the set up and went for it could have gone to ..................but diddnt.
 ask later what my second set up would be and that would be a different question

tonyoliver

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 10:31:10 pm »
tim live and learn but as it says in the bukal do not regret what you have done and do not repeat the mistake

vision tech

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:38 pm »
Tony,my surname is oliver,wish i had used that name for the buisness,
van looks great,wish you well.
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

tonyoliver

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 11:02:46 pm »
hey vision small world eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us olivers better stick together

tonyoliver

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 11:10:28 pm »
hey vision small world eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! us olivers better stick together

niceandclean

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 11:11:38 pm »
tim live and learn but as it says in the bukal do not regret what you have done and do not repeat the mistake

I have an Ionics Thermopure system, its 3 years old, they cost alot of money but i have never lost a day of work because anything on it hasnt worked. So in my eyes it has paid for itself many many times over. I have just had a new hot system fitted by another company, picked it up on thursday, it was alot cheaper than Ionics and they catered for the design that i came up with, nobody else would, especially Ionics who only fit off the shelf systems. But if the new system is as good as the Ionics one, i will be well chuffed. I think as long as you are happy with your purchase then thats all that matters, your customers are impressed by how it looks, who cares what other people think?

TennetClean

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 12:14:39 am »
thanks for the interest mates the system was expensive at 5200 but when i was looking ionics was 8500 for a similar set up plus extras brodex was about the same and it looked a good

Sorry mate but thats wrong, and I have to agree that is a major rip off.

If thats a 600 litre (looks like two of those pre-formed 300 litre tanks to me), with RO unit, Ionics version of the same thing is their Pro-5 which is only £4115 and its crash tested, and you get to use the Reach and Wash logo.

My system is a 600 litre pro6 thermopure, cost £9,300 but only because it uses hot water.

It looks nice, but as alex has said, those "clamps" look exactly like the ones that failed ionics own test, and also there is defo less steel work around the tanks to absorb an impact.

And forget about ever so amazing underplates, they rip straight through the floor no problem, but even if they didnt the clamps fail anyway.

I'd have paid less and gone to ionics.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 12:19:37 am »
thanks for the interest mates the system was expensive at 5200 but when i was looking ionics was 8500 for a similar set up plus extras brodex was about the same and it looked a good

Sorry mate but thats wrong, and I have to agree that is a major rip off.

If thats a 600 litre (looks like two of those pre-formed 300 litre tanks to me), with RO unit, Ionics version of the same thing is their Pro-5 which is only £4115 and its crash tested, and you get to use the Reach and Wash logo.

It looks nice, but as alex has said, those "clamps" look exactly like the ones that failed ionics own test, and also there is defo less steel work around the tanks to absorb an impact.

And forget about ever so amazing underplates, they rip straight through the floor no problem, but even if they didnt the clamps fail anyway.

I'd have paid less and gone to ionics.
at 30 mph, please Tennant correct me if I am wrong, normal speed 40mph it is on big roads place to place short stops 30 mph really is not very much, it is not tested at A-road speeds, motor way speeds 50 60 70 80 ????????????????????

Please correct me

Ian

TennetClean

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 12:29:35 am »
window washers, i dont understand what you're asking.

What would be the point of a 60, 70, 80mph test? you'd probably be dead from the impact anyway.  All i am saying is that those clamps aint gonna stand up even to 30mph, and it cost more than ionics, and that would withstand 30mph crash.

Also, even if I accept your argument, surely some crash testing is better than no crash testing, which is what you've got matey.

LOL

TennetClean

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 12:34:03 am »
No offense but I dont see it.  It isnt a valid point at all.

I see what I ALWAYS see when this is talked about.  People rubbishing a company for doing something good.

You're gonna tell me it would be better if ionic had not done it?

EDIT: wow the amazing disappearing post!  did I make such a good argument I changed your mind?

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 12:38:28 am »
No offense but I dont see it.  It isnt a valid point at all.

I see what I ALWAYS see when this is talked about.  People rubbishing a company for doing something good.

You're gonna tell me it would be better if ionic had not done it?
Dude chill, I am not knocking Ionics at all, I think what they are doing is a good thing a little over priced maybe but good all the same, my point is I see so many people bang on about inoics are crash tested which as far as I know is 30 mph, my point is what about 40 50 60 70 mph it is not tested, if you drive round at 30 everywhere then they are great if not then the high price for the same system with cheaper running costs has got to be a better option.

Thsi is my point and I think it is a valid one..

I am not taking away what Ionics have done, more that I have a point on price and the safety goes out of the windows over 30 mph with ionics but the cost does not do down.

Ian

p.s editing was due to editting in your post m8 people that can not afford it  ::) was edited, what I said was in reply to the post was Ionics crash test as far as I am aware at 30 mph, so at 40 50 60 70 80 it is not aplicable but the price does not come down and saying that meanings that other are IMO better because they do not have the high maintenence fees of Ionics due to there resin vessles ect that have to be filled by them (as far as I am aware dont quote me but I think this true)unless you know how to convert as many will not know on here, Tennant I do not need to hide a thing I say m8, I am upfront and to the point with what I say m8 always have been always will be. I feel you cant back up what I am saying on the crash test side apart from some is better than none which I agree with you on but as I said at 40 50 60 70 80 is is not tested so should you not pay a normal fee for a bit of metal a pump and plastic tank ?, I know you have a new system and I am pleased for you, nor and am I taking anything away from you as I think it looks great, but I am giving my view like it or not as you do.  :D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 07:44:59 am »
I reckon we should club together and crash Thorpe's rig at 70 MPH!!!

Nothing scientific,... I just think it'd be fun!

;)

While I agree Ionics have done a good thing,.. they didn't take it far enough. Crash testing their rigs at more realistic speeds (say 50 or 60 mph) would have made a much bigger impression on the industry, so why didn't they do it?
Put simply, it was little more than a publicity stunt,... but a very effective one that got ppl like Tennent convinced beyond all reason that Ionics are the ONLY solution! (No offence Tennent!)

But yeah,.. £5200 was a rip off,.. Ionics are expensive and they would have given you a better (Crash tested!!!) setup for less.