Jimmy1

Re: like my van like mykit
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:37 pm »
Love the van and name Tony. System looks good to me, bet your pleased as punch!

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2008, 08:42:35 pm »
Very interesting, and unexpected from steve bell and Alex. Typical that newbie with a fresh pair of eyes should see things that we can't. (what about them orange things that eon run about in that have shutters up the side but the cab is seperate to the back?)

Anyway leaving safety to one side what about the perfect set up. I agree that a flat tank that covers most of the floor area is the best solution.Water produced off the van, and reels(electric) mounted over the tank.

David Slater

« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2008, 07:09:01 pm »
Very interesting, and unexpected from steve bell and Alex. Typical that newbie with a fresh pair of eyes should see things that we can't. (what about them orange things that eon run about in that have shutters up the side but the cab is seperate to the back?)

Anyway leaving safety to one side what about the perfect set up. I agree that a flat tank that covers most of the floor area is the best solution.Water produced off the van, and reels(electric) mounted over the tank.

To my mind, a low level tank (as Alex suggests) must be inherently more stable. It is lower and therefor the centre of gravity is as low as humanly possible.
This MUST reduce 'sway' and improve vehicle handling.

What else would I include?...

A low level roll cage (to stop the tank sliding under the seats and removing my feet!)....A low level roll cage with sharp 'V' points facing the tank to both stop its forward trajectory and also rupture the tank.

....what would you attach it to?   I dont know!

Like I say, I havent got a problem getting wet...I do have a massive problem losing my life (or feet/legs/arms/head!) to a system that is meant to be "safer" than climbing ladders.

If all we have done is replace one danger (ladders) for another, then we havent made one single step forward.

You guys know so much more about all of this than me.

You guys WILL come up with the ideal solution. I know this for a fact. You only have to read these boards to see the knowledge and experience floating around.

tonyoliver

« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »
alanwilson just how many plane crashes you been in ?

been done a long time ago

the tanks allways rupture in a plance crash!!

I know!!

steve bell

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2008, 11:27:38 pm »
Thanks discount, More support for the newbie.
I will admit to being nervous about forums and the potential to get shouted at for stating the obvious.
Was thinking more about the pick up body idea last night. I'm sure with a little thought you could easily build an almost fire engine style body onto any pick up with the tanks low and baffled. Even fit a large RO system which would fill the tanks overnight and be ready for work next morning. Low backed for ladder access. Perhaps there are fire tenders out there which could be converted cheap. Although pump would be engine driven and a bit too higher pressure. For sure there wouldn't be any muck on the glass after a blast with that!! LOL. Lucky if any glass left.

So, I have a welder and a large garage. Anyone want me to build them one? Just supply the pick up.

You guessed it..... Business is slow.
Steve Bell,
SB Cleaning.

(also; HIP & EPC provider but with this climate.....)