tonylee

valued customers
« on: March 21, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »
Hi all.
Have had a good moth so far with putting serveral new one's on. one was a school to be done twice a year, with 9 domestics my monthly take has increased by nearly £200.00 per four weeks.
That said I have lost three accounts to the value of £59.00 per month.  ( one by choice and the other two says they were going to clean them themselve's. I dout that)
So I've put together this letter for all my other custy's
What do you think.
Tony

Dear

In this current economic climate with petrol, diesel and all utility bills soaring I felt it is appropriate to write to you expressing my gratitude for your loyal custom, it really is appreciated.

It is also my intension to hold my prices until January 2009, I will however try to reduce my time and expense in collecting money each evening.

Although my round is full, I would look to take any of your friends or neighbours that you feel you could recommend me to.

Finally, if you have not already noticed from the van I now have a web site! Please feel free to visit and leave me a message

Kind regards

cbcs

Re: valued customers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:35 pm »
 :-\

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 08:01:17 pm »
You might want to put your web address on the letter, in case they missed it on your van

tonylee

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:13:56 pm »
yes sorry its on my letter head!
tony

geefree

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 08:19:23 pm »
[quote author=tony lee link=topic=52252. I will however try to reduce my time and expense in collecting money each evening.

by offering you an alternative method of making payments, via posting cheques to me via a stamped address envelope given to you by me, or by using internet banking, further details regarding the latter can be obtained by calling me on''''''''''''''''

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 08:24:37 pm »
I'm not sure about this one :-\
It seems a good idea, but I'm normally one for the "if it aint broke dont fix" school of thought. I'd just be a little concerned about pointing out the current economic climate / emotional pressure to continue giving you custom. You say your books are full and a new websight may be giving them the impression your doing really well financially whilst they may not.  I'm not knocking the sentiment behind it as it seems a well meaning one. If you'd like them to recommend neighbours and friends and want to show them their continued custom is really valued how about giving them a financial incentive for new customers they bring you by a reduction off of their next bill?

peter holley

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:48 pm »
i'm thinking of fixing the price for 2 yrs if they pay by standing order  (omly the ones who pay by stamped adressed envelope)
the ones that are in pay on the day of clean...

tonylee

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 08:44:27 pm »
fair point.
thank you cybersye.
I think loosing three custys has knocked me a bit, although I have a nett gain on the month.
tony

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 08:45:45 pm »
Bad idea I think.

if you want to say about no increase this year say it without putting doubts in thier minds, or just dont say anything. as just said offering a customer an incentive to recommend really does work well and mention your website then do that in a letter why stir up peoples feeling when you are trying to be nice. Maybe try something like this.

Dear ******

I would like to thank you for your custom and let you know about a few changes that have been made by me/us.
there will be no price increase this year.
We have a new website to contact us if you need too for any reason. recommend a freind and we give you £* off your next bill if you get freinds to visit out website and book a regular clean ask them to give your address as a reference and we will discount on the next clean we do for you.

Thank you for your custom we/I appreicate it.

Kind regards

Thats only rough but can you see the points they are good ones and do not start off badly.

Hope that helps a little.
And Chin up we all have bad days tomorrow is a new day and may it be great for all of us  ;D

Ian

tonylee

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 08:58:52 pm »
yep much better.
thanks for that Ian.
tony

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:04:56 pm »
yep much better.
thanks for that Ian.
tony
Your welcome  ;)

eddie d

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 11:20:57 pm »
i dont know about the letter .
ive cleaned houses  for 10 yrs and when i changed to the pole thewy droped me without a second thought .so customer loyalty only exists while your doing as your asked.

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 07:03:09 am »
I would be careful about raising any questions or doubts in their mind. Even if you say you are not going to put the prices up for two years they will read it as "price increase in two years".

Mention the economic situation at your peril. The first thing to go when things get bad is the window cleaner.

To you is a big thing, its your livelyhood but to them you are just the window cleaner.

simon knight

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 07:30:15 am »

In this current economic climate with petrol, diesel and all utility bills soaring I felt it is appropriate to write to you expressing my gratitude for your loyal custom, it really is appreciated.

Definitely leave this out. It's almost asking the customer to use you less frequently or do it cheaper....to help them out with the soaring cost of petrol, utility bills etc...!

Neil271052

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 08:47:15 am »

Although my round is full, I would look to take any of your friends or neighbours that you feel you could recommend me to.

If your round is full why are you asking for more customers?

I think the whole letter thing is a bad idea personally.
Cheers,
Neil

karlosdaze

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 12:02:13 pm »
It is also my intension to hold my prices until January 2009, I will however try to reduce my time and expense in collecting money each evening.

Well, its all there really you just need to jumble it up a little. I'd like to hold the prices, but me collecting from you is using petrol. So if you don't post the money - I'll hike the price up! If you can't even be bothered to do this, then give me some more customers to take into a account I have to collect payment still.