tonylee

lost one b4 ive started
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:10:50 am »
morning guys.
7.30 and i get a text
'my husband says it is going to rain all day today, could you please leave untill we have a dry spell'. (yeah right!)
I replied saying it should be dry by lunch time and asked how long he had been at the met office.
well that was the comment.
hate to lose any customers and i'm bound to say they were never the best payers, and sometimes  asked me to miss them out.
do you think my comment was that flippent or just looking for an excuse to save there money
the day can only get better
tony

johnny_h

Re: lost one b4 ive started
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:05:19 am »
txt them and tell them you have taken them off your regular list they will have to ask you to do them if they catch you in the street and  in future but you will be charging alot more for what you consider to be one off cleans and it doesnt hurt to drop into the conversation that you have a waiting list of customers  :)
AUDI VIDE TACE

Pole2pole

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:13:41 am »
She probably thought you was implying her fella worked for the police  ;D I was chatting to a customer yesterday about the weather(naturally) Known her for years.never a problem,ever. Whilst chatting about the distinct lack of sun(whilst suspecting that she was from sunnier climbs.....accent,appearance etc) I asked her where she originated from.......BANG...............What is it with people like you? She asked. Would you treat me differently if i was from England? She couldn't unlock the door quick enough to get in the house..........and out of sight from this Neo nazi she has for a window cleaner.
Was i wrong? Out of order? I really don't think i was. Just passing conversation. However, i think her reaction was bang out of order. Any thoughts?
Adolf  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:15:43 am »
morning guys.
7.30 and i get a text
'my husband says it is going to rain all day today, could you please leave untill we have a dry spell'. (yeah right!)
I replied saying it should be dry by lunch time and asked how long he had been at the met office.
well that was the comment.
hate to lose any customers and i'm bound to say they were never the best payers, and sometimes  asked me to miss them out.
do you think my comment was that flippent or just looking for an excuse to save there money
the day can only get better
tony

I think you may have been looking for an excuse to dump them anyway (as I would) so they have probably done you a favour.

johnny_h

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:18:29 am »
She probably thought you was implying her fella worked for the police ;D I was chatting to a customer yesterday about the weather(naturally) Known her for years.never a problem,ever. Whilst chatting about the distinct lack of sun(whilst suspecting that she was from sunnier climbs.....accent,appearance etc) I asked her where she originated from.......BANG...............What is it with people like you? She asked. Would you treat me differently if i was from England? She couldn't unlock the door quick enough to get in the house..........and out of sight from this Neo nazi she has for a window cleaner.
Was i wrong? Out of order? I really don't think i was. Just passing conversation. However, i think her reaction was bang out of order. Any thoughts?
Adolf ;)
some people have a chip on their shoulder will you go back and clean them again?
AUDI VIDE TACE

tonylee

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:18:55 am »
shiner you could be right there. just hate looseing any customers.
adolf
 was it the uniform you were wearing. theres nowt stranger than folk.(me included)

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 09:46:24 am »
I really don't know Johnny. She spoke to me like . She wouldn't even listen to where i was going with the conversation. I really do believe she owes ME an apology for implying i'm racist. I speak to everyone the same. Maybe SHE'S the racist? Oh don't ya just love this wet overtaxed,overpopulated PC place we live in?  >:(

Pole2pole

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:16 am »
adolf
 was it the uniform you were wearing. theres nowt stranger than folk.(me included)
I didn't have my uniform on. It was at the dry cleaners from sunday..........me and a few skinhead pals of mine lead a Nazi rally in Hyde Park. Surprised ya didn't see it on the news  ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:43:07 am »
adolf
I didn't have my uniform on. It was at the dry cleaners from sunday..........me and a few skinhead pals of mine lead a Nazi rally in Hyde Park. Surprised ya didn't see it on the news  ;D

This is why i have only English people on my round. I know most are ok but i dont put myself in a position so they can twist what i say. This pathetic country is too PC so i try not to mix.

Conflagration2000

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 12:24:39 pm »
Just get your jackboots on and annex her house in the name of the Fatherland!!!  ;D
Just like that

Ian W

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:48:24 pm »
Maybe she was just having a bad day and got the wrong end of the stick.
I had a customer have a real go at me one day over something quite trivial, the next time I saw him he was quite apologetic about the situation.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

dai

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 03:32:12 pm »
If she asks you to do them again, say, "sorry, I'm all thai'd up". Dai

steven ainger

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 03:53:59 pm »
perhaps its the " wrong week"  but that would be sexist

bluez

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 04:12:55 pm »
Some very un pc relys there lads. lol  ;D

Tell her you have nuttn' against forigners if they stay in their own countries ;D

Macc do you give them a test to check nationality before you take them on your round and what if the husband is english and the wife is not or vice versa do they qualify! ???

hi

macmac

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 05:13:04 pm »
Tell her you have nuttn' against forigners if they stay in their own countries

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:59 pm »

Macc do you give them a test to check nationality before you take them on your round and what if the husband is english and the wife is not or vice versa do they qualify! ???

No mate but in the past i've had problems so i stay clear. Like i said, most are ok but for the few that like to use their race or colour i take the safe route & stay clear. Unfortunatly we live in a very PC country so no risks for me.

Macc

Feen

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony
Know what you mean, all these English in Scotland ;) ;)
Get much done today pal?? I'm hoping for Coldstream tomorrow, frightened to look at the forecast ;D
Feen

macmac

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony
Get much done today pal?? I'm hoping for Coldstream tomorrow, frightened to look at the forecast ;D

Forcast good for tomorow mate, did collingwood arms today then it rained, will be in c/stream tomorow too.
Lets hope no more english come up here, terrible breed! ;D

tony

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 07:56:06 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony

Forcast good for tomorow mate, did collingwood arms today then it rained, will be in c/stream tomorow too.

tony

At least your not ruled by forigners like we are down here, nick our taxes & give pay rises to nurses & coppers up north back dated but not to ours. REBUILD THE WALL.  ;) ;) ;D

Feen

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 08:11:12 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tony

tony

At least your not ruled by forigners like we are down here, nick our taxes & give pay rises to nurses & coppers up north back dated but not to ours. REBUILD THE WALL.  ;) ;) ;D
Nick your taxes??? Sshh...don't broadcast it, it's our best kept secret :D :D
Feen

Pole2pole

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 11:46:48 pm »
Thanks for all the replies boyz n gals. It's nice to know it aint just me going mad here.  ;)

twt

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »
adolf

This is why i have only English people on my round. I know most are ok but i dont put myself in a position so they can twist what i say. This pathetic country is too PC so i try not to mix.

is that all poeple who are english or just the white ones?

tonyoliver

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 09:52:03 pm »
this post is nuts :) :)

i have had trouble with one type of custy before

but nutters are nutters where ever they are.

sorry this post may contain nuts

Pole2pole

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 08:04:24 am »
True Tony. The wackos come in all shapes and sizes. But i have noticed ONE thing they all have in common. They're "normally" of the fairer sex. Oh ya know it's true  ;D

bluez

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 12:13:48 pm »
This post should be locked ;D racism (mac) sexism ::) the only thing it's missing is abit of anti semitism
hi