Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

Re: cowboy custie
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 08:54:07 am »
You lot are a disgrace.

I have no doubt that shortly we'll have a thread about why customers have a low opinion of us and how we're misunderstood and we're really not like the stereotype.

PW

Yeah too right, a disgrace.

You could always throw a few handfuls of grass seed into their hanging baskets.  ;)

david watts

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 08:00:19 pm »
if you let people get away with things it gets worse for others;
nobody will mess with a wc if they know you wont take it
and they cant get another coss they wont take it either.
as a milk man i had much crap off low life dont take any now ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 11:19:52 pm »
Polish so you just let all your custies drop all over you. Remember these custies are non payers and are sods so treat them right, as sods.Ever dog has his day ans a mongrel get a weekend.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 07:04:05 pm »
true itd be niceto be like that but you have got to leave it

i got treated badly a few months back by a chap and every time i drive past now i want to smash his windows or something, but its best not to bother and let it go ... its human nature to want to revenge but you are the bigger man for letting it go, unless there are legal means at your disposal, but its not worth stooping as low as them or possible doing something that is an offence

soapy

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 07:08:11 pm »
WD40 on the glass they love that sh#t  ;)
Soapy window cleaner

david watts

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 11:47:31 am »
margarine or vasaline should do the trick :D

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »
Polish you should have wings.

windolene

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »
Polish so you just let all your custies drop all over you. Remember these custies are non payers and are sods so treat them right, as sods.Ever dog has his day ans a mongrel get a weekend.

Nope, I don't let "all my custies drop all over me".  99.9% of my customers are excellent people who treat me the way I treat them, i.e. with total respect.

As for the "sods" I win by not stooping to their level.  How would I feel if I did?  How would my loyal customers feel if they found out I'd been spraying a customer's windows?  Doing that would turn me into someone I'd not like to know and my loyal and reasonable customers rightly wouldn't want to know either.

In my opinion, you get the customers you deserve.  I treat my customers as professionally as I possibly can.  Oddly enough, the result of that is that they treat me as a professional too.

PW

I agree totally.   

In every game you get a minority.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 12:01:14 am »
I too am with Polish and Kevin on this.

It takes months, if not years, to build a good reputation, and seconds to destroy it. Why take the risk for one bad customer?

Yes it has happened to me, a few times in fact, and I have never retaliated. Percentage-wise it has been a fraction of one per cent of my business, so I for one cannot see any sense in sabotaging my business for such a small loss.

If you treat customers with respect, they will treat you the same. If you treat them badly, how would you expect them to treat you? 

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

LQQK

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 08:10:44 am »

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 10:18:42 am »
WD40 on the glass they love that sh#t  ;)

ODFO

Just googled ODFO

;D ;D

So did I - but only because you mentioned it.  I hadn't seen that one before  :)  .
I really don't think anyone would actually do the things suggested.  It's just people having a laugh at their fantasies IMO.
The worst I ever did was when I was up a ladder and had just soaped up the second window.  The customer came out and said the dreaded "Not today thank you".  It was the third time they had done it and I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't return if they did it again.  So I just left the soap on there and climbed down the ladder and drove off.
I would agree it was very unprofessional of me but it's the only time I've done something like that and, more importantly, it was years ago and I wouldn't do it now.

jarvy

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 02:01:56 pm »
ODFO  ;D
Just googled it too,i had no idea what it meant,however will be remembered for future use  ;)
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

david watts

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 06:31:50 pm »
will we get away with useing that?  again on here ;D

Londoner

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:23 am »
The point is you only lost a little time and a few quid. Talk to the mate of mine who has not been paid in the past for a whole new bathroom .

A little story about carpet cleaning. Somebody I know got a call to do a whole flat including 3 piece suite. Went along, at the arranged time and the young lady he was told would let him in was there and let him in.
After he had finished he asked her for payment, the girl looked shocked. "I'm just the tenant, I moved in last week, the landlord has arranged this" she gave him the address of the letting agency.

He went down there and of course they knew nothing about it but he said the glance that passed between the two staff members when he told his story spoke volumes. Obviously the landlord had pulled strokes like this before.

Anyway the landlord was a "businessman" and "was abroad" so they didn't think they would be able to contact him but they would try.  He never got paid