Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2010, 10:16:08 pm »
I'm going on The Oasis of the Seas in a few weeks only throwing up I may do is when my missus hits the shops!

www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Shaun

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2010, 10:23:41 pm »
Shaun

Glynn does that too,  :)

robert meldrum

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2010, 10:27:40 pm »
My wife's just returned from a cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas, fortunately no viral problems but there was an attempted ramming and the ship behind then passing Aden was attacked by pirates.

Fortunately the Danish Navy swooped in and boarded the ship SAS style...............the pirates fled.

That's a BIG BOAT Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »
Yes I bought 2 of them so Glynn can clean them with both his TM's ;D it's my 40th present so thought we'd splash out (pun intended) it has a zip wire that goes across the deck so I should be amused.

Apparently they say that you have to lose half a stone before you go on a cruise because that's how much you'll put on with all of that eating and doing nowt the latter I'm not very good at but the kids soft drinks are free so that'll do for me because I like free! it's a very understated word ;D

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2010, 11:01:05 pm »
Richie, you're making it sound like people were all over the place hanging over the side of the ship throwing up. All the people I saw (passengers going off the ship and staff still on it) all looked very helathy.
Yes there were signs that obviously there had been concerns because therer were bottles of hand sanitisers everywhere. Plus all the rooms and corridors were being fogged to kill any bugs and mattresses and soft furnishings were being sprayed too.
If the ship had been in that bad a condition health wise then I doubt it have been allowed to take on new passengers for it's departure tonight.

Have you ever been on a ship? that ship will set sail, i have been on a ship before when a dead body was being taken off and the ropes where untied before the boby was on the dock. Also been on board when most of the passengers and staff where being sick in front of your feet and other stuff was leaving their bodys before they could get to the toilet. we got off that same day it set sail, the next week it was on the news and holidays from hell.  Simon is correct he knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing.
ps when it comes to this illness the passengers that are able to walk off the ship are the lucky ones. the others are still on the toilet

Sorry, can I ask, had the corridors and rooms already fogged, or being fogged while there were still people present and what chemical was being used, if known?

Regards

Martin 8)

The Great One

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2010, 06:17:27 pm »
Anyone??

Glynn

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:41 pm »
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.
Regards
Glynn

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »
Anyone??

Hi Martin

Hope your well mate.

If you want to give me a call I'll have a chat with you about it.

Pete
07816 276290

gwrightson

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »
I hope you exhausted every portable's vacuum outlet to outside atmosphere !, otherwise youv'e just made all the germs airborne again.
This is where Truckmounts win over because they vent to fresh outside air. Same with decontaminating hospitals after an outbreak, you must not exhaust spent germ ridden air back into the building.

Like Simon says theres more to these jobs than you think and a particular way of operating.

Now theres a thought  !!!!

I wonder how many actually thought of this !!  and if I,m honest it wouldnt of entered my head ???
It has when cleaning blood , but a virus hmm 

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:49 pm »
I guess I will have to start parking my Prowler outside the front door of the houses rather then taking it indoors.  ;D

Only joking.
I already do that. ;)

richy27

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
after my madras last night  am still venting something

Joe H

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »
Get on the Vindaloo. That will sort out your inards.

richy27

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2010, 07:36:55 pm »
Get on the Vindaloo. That will sort out your inards.

bog roll in the fridge over night works wonders

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49:36 pm »
Once had a Fal never again I couldn't talk afterwards well no out of my mouth!

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2010, 07:40:06 am »
Anyone??

Hi Martin

Hope your well mate.

If you want to give me a call I'll have a chat with you about it.

Pete
07816 276290

Hi Peter

I am very well, many thanks.

Glad the ship went well, sounds like it was a lot of fun as well?

Not trying to stir things up at all just thought it was a simple question really, it obviously sounds like they decontaminated the entire ship, carpets, surfaces fabrics and the air, it's just that you mentioned the fogging and it peaked my interest is all.

Regards

Martin 8)

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:43 am »
Hi Martin

Not at all mate, and normally I would give a simple answer but the way things are on here at the moment thought it would be better (for me) if we just spoke.

Am about most of today, but if you can't I'll drop you an email with a bit more detail.

Pete