Mike Halliday

Re: your best pre spray
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
Hudson sprayers, half a mile down the road from me, they used to sell a lot of sprayer on eBay but the last time i drove past thier unit it was all boarded up so they might have gone bust, (or maybe moved premises)

the one thing about Nemisis or M-power I wouldn't use it if I worked alone, my helper sprays it down then scrubs the carpet to death, while I'm setting up the pipes.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve_Knight

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 07:40:36 am »
Cheers Mike
Does he use a pile brush or rotary?
Sorry for all the questions mate :o

Cheers

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »
he uses an Envirodry.

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »
why does he scrub to death?

I only agitate, sometimes with brush sometimes with Envirodri, until I think the fluid has got all around the fibre.

the dwell time is when I am setting up the hoses. but the point is - the agitation is not a ginormous amount of time.

sometimes, depending on how bad the carpet is, just before I extract I will mist over with Solutions HD.

a lot of the spotting I now do with M-Power/Nemesis at a stronger solution - ie 20:1 (or is it 1:20) and getting good results in most cases.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »
Joe I'm sure your method makes carpets 'cleaner' but I work to a slightly higher standard ;)

rather than accepting 'cleaner' I aim for 'clean'  which requires me to ensure the pre-spray comes in contact with the full length of the fibre. this often (on dirty carpets) requires a substantial amount of agitation, although to use the term 'to death' is a slight over-exaggeration 

I'm inclined to ask how hard a man of your advancing years can push a  brush, if you think this is causing the fluid to totally envelop the fibre ;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »
What a load of baloney.

I was trying to engage in sensible conversation, but obviously you not up for it.  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 06:56:01 pm »
BALONEY....BALONEY!!! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME IN SUCH A MANNER!!

every word I said was perfectly sensible you just don't like it when I get ageist ;) ;)

if we are talking Baloney then how does a mist of HD make any difference? unless you once again scrub it into the carpet and using colloid based cleaning agents at high concentrations is a waste of chemical, as explained by the manufacturer of Mpower & Nemesis.

there is only so much area that can be in contact with the active ingredient at this point the micelles are only in contact with themselves so are redundant. 

gwrightson

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »
Mike,

Hudsons sprayers have moved to out Hedon way, around 6 mths ago, 

I think they just wanted smaller premesis,

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »

I think it is only right that we all know the recomended dilutions for Nemesis:-

Carpet extraction    1:160
Carpet oil spot remover    full stength to 1:30
Carpet spot remover        full strength to 1:60
Carpet traffic cleaner prespray    1:60

Can only assume M-Power will be something similar.

derek west

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 08:48:11 pm »
when your very drunk, doesn't the word premesis look very much like thingyes. ;D

had to do a double take then geoff.
derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 08:54:25 pm »
I'm not sure that every carpet needs to be scrubbed and very few 'scrubbed to death,' Surely you clean carpets in relationship to how dirty they are, so to scrub them to death regardless smacks of overkill and potentially damaging to the pile with all that needless scrubbing.

Simon

Glynn

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
Why would you need to Scrubb it to Death ?.
Is M Power that weak ?, I bet you'd get the same result with just plain water and then scrubb it to death.

Regards
Glynn

Joe H

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2009, 09:23:50 pm »
the one thing about Nemisis or M-power I wouldn't use it if I worked alone, my helper sprays it down then scrubs the carpet to death, while I'm setting up the pipes.

Glynn
We not just talking about M-Power here............ its Nemesis and M-Power

and because I used both, I am going to defend the products that I know work.................. both Nemesis and M-Power.
and I am sure Solutions or Restormate would not continue stocking/selling them if carpet cleaners (and others) did not find them doing the job and buying more.  Its obvious really.

Glynn

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
Well Joe I am happy that they work for.
I have tried samples of them but sadly they didn't come up to standard for me, consequently I stuck with the more recognised brand's which do perform and perform consistently.
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »
In my limited experience of micro-splitters, limited because I don't think they are anywhere near as effective as Powerburst etc, but they do clean but seem to be limited to the type of soils they remove efficiently, perhaps that is why so many MS users feel compelled to scrub carpets so much.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:57 pm »
you should all take a leaf out of my book, but i'm sure you won't cos ive not been going long enough to be taken serious. not that i give a fck.
power burst is the best, use it on most and if you feel youve not quite got the result that makes you feel good, try some m/s, it will remove the rst that pb does not.
its simple really, its not like you need brains to realise that m/s removes slightly diff soil types to detergents.

derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2009, 10:23:16 pm »
Derek,
I think you've got that the wrong way round. Powerburst is excellent across a very wide range of soils where MS don't, which is what makes it so outstandingly good.
I've got some M power to try so I'll be testing that stance out in the coming days.

Simon

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »
ive been using pre spray gold and traffic lane with agitation  but today i used for the first time today power burst wow no agitation at all the dirt and traffic lane dirt jut as if by magic ........ disappeared i didnt even do any agitation just fibre and fabric rinse amazing stuff

derek west

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2009, 11:11:23 pm »
don't think i have simon, power burst does the job for me, nearly every time i need nothing else, but occasionally it struggles on certain stains, one being traffic wear in front of settees, if i do fail with powerburst which is rare, i put some onestep down, again usually in front of seettees, agitate and go have a fAg and a brew with the client, then come back and rinse out. job done.
but hey, what the fck do i know eh!!!  ;D

only joking chief.
derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »
if I worked on my own i wouldn't use Nemesis, mpower or MSers, I'd use more conventional chemicals like powerburst because they do require a lot of agitation, but as I have a helper it doesn't take any longer to do a good scrub (he would be stood around doing nowt if |I didn't have him scrubbing)

I've been using Nemesis for about 3 weeks since I bought 5lts of JK I'm giving it a good test as its easy to use a chemical on a couple of carpet and call it crap.

so far the results have varied from crap to brilliant with the crap ones we had to start again.

on a side note we have also been testing cold water cleaning as we are swopping vans so the burner wasn't fitted for 2 weeks, I'll start another topic about our finding but I'll just say a lot of people are fooling themselves thinking they are working effectively or efficiently with cold water