Poll

With the election looming, have you decided who your going to give your vote??

Labour
19.8%
20 (19.8%)
Conservatives
44.6%
45 (44.6%)
Lib dems
13.9%
14 (13.9%)
other
5.9%
6 (5.9%)
wont vote
15.8%
16 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 97

paul@ctcs

General Election
« on: April 08, 2005, 08:54:59 pm »
Hi Guys,

With the poll being anonymous it would be interesting to see how small business men like ourselves are planning to vote. I dont mind admitting that having studied the manifestos I'm leaning towards the conservatives especially as I've lost all faith in all that Tony Blair comes out with :(

Paul

paul@scc

Re: General Election
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:58:25 pm »
Icant stand lionel blair or tony blair dont trust the cons much but who else is there

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:02:44 pm »
Sorry Paul
Its tony again this time for me mate

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

paul@ctcs

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 09:07:47 pm »
Each to there own mate :)  Imigration and crime are two things I feel are letting our country down and I feel the Blues have the best policies on these subjects.

And dont mention the war ;D

Paul

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 09:11:24 pm »
They are all as bad as each other ::)

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 09:44:17 pm »
I’ve always vote con though I come from a lab background

They all say one thing today and change it tomorrow, wish I could pull that stunt with customers.

Paul I did apologise one plant they did miss was Rovers or did they?

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

paul@ctcs

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 09:46:14 pm »
Cant be worse than Labour who ever gets in!!

16000 imagrants are coming in every year, thats the population of Peterborough!!!
The conservatives will have a capping system like in Austrailia  :D

Paul

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 11:12:46 pm »
The wmd were smuggled out by the russias before we invaded. Anthrax was sold to the Irag by the Yankies, which is why they knew they had it.

Cons in power-Lets not forget 15% interest rates, 3 million unemployed, loads of house owners losing properties, a nation of I'm alright jack - f you attitude and countless other problems that this labour government has had to reverse.

Immigration is a problem that has to be sorted, I agree,

and fianlly let me add that when ever you have a conservative government you have an increase in unemployment.

vote tory, I would rather support Ipswich!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 11:17:17 pm »
Voted OTHER
Been accused of worse  :-X
" you say it like it's a bad thing !! "

paul@ctcs

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 11:21:24 pm »
Nothing wrong with Ipsiwch mate ;)

Unemployment figures can be fiddled, I know I have never had a problem being employed, quite the opposite in fact!! I feel a majority of unemployed either dont want to work or are so useless, lazy or stupid they make themselves unemployable.

Paul

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 12:18:28 am »
Don't start me off on politics....

Can you really ever see Micheal Howard or Charles Kennedy leading this country, I used to vote conservative many moons ago, but not now.  Labour are more right wing than the Tories now.

Personally I would like to see Gordon Brown take charge of Labour, he's done a cracking job on stabilising the economy and interest rates, if you could get them to adopt some of the Tory policies on immigration we would be moving forward.

What we need is a celebrity policeman, celebrity teacher, celebrity immigration officer, celebrity nurse, etc, etc .. to go with the celebrity chef (Jamie Oliver) then things might start getting better!!   Oh and a celebrity carpet cleaner & window cleaner as well.

darrenlee

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005, 02:02:51 am »
gordon brown ? doing a good job ?
we can all lend & throw money at the country.
to make figures look good.
anyway who ever gets in, need extra  2% from taxes
 in next 4 years. which equallys 24 billion.
recession is coming, be warned , no new house , car ,
tighten your belts.
and sit tight, get a fixed moragage at least for 8 years while rates are low.
search  internet its way world works ups & downs,
the rich make money out of it, and the rest of us pay.
thanks darren

Derek

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 05:16:35 am »
Gordon Brown...is this the same Gordon Brown who is syphoning off 'five billion a year' from 'your' pensions?

I do agree that Politicians in general are naff but this lot (New Labour) we have at the moment are the most untrustworthy shower we have ever had

BeeClean

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 10:06:24 am »
Cant be worse than Labour who ever gets in!!

16000 imagrants are coming in every year, thats the population of Peterborough!!!
The conservatives will have a capping system like in Austrailia  :D

Paul

so where else will you get cleaners prepared to work for £4.85 an hour....

paulchambers

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2005, 10:10:59 am »
I cant see micheal howard standing up to anyone he's a whimp,   paul  its labour or libs for me i like the idea in abolishing council tax for a local income tax.  more you earn more you pay but how many self employed show huge profits   paul

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2005, 11:08:20 am »
Nothing like a bit of politics to bring out the passion in people, but can anyone really differentiate between the general manifesto's of the three main parties?  I can't.  As far as I can see they are all steering their ships in the same general direction, it's just that they each have a different captain and crew, take your choice on who you feel safest with.

I would like to see the Libs given a chance, but it's a very big risk, our local MP is Alan Beith (Libs) and he is okay, but not outstanding.  We're still waiting for the A1 to be dualled all the way to Edinburgh and there has been no real investment in encouraging large industry into this area.

Phil Marlor

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2005, 01:57:41 pm »
 ??? ??? ???Gordon Brown doing a good job ??? ??? ???

All those stealth taxes have fooled you then!
Anyone can run a country by taxing it to death.

You think you pay a lot now.
There is a masive black hole in the ecconomy, after the Election you will all pay!!!!!!

As for employment, about 50% of the population work for less than £5 per hour in the mass retail  sector, shops, Supermarkets & Garden Centers.

This keeps the employment figures down.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Karl Wildey

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 03:25:32 pm »
Wake up!!!!

Minimum wage was abolished by the Tories.

Now back, it has been raised a couple of times by Labour and should go up again. If we had no minimum wage what would half the country be working for then?

Interset mortage rate at their lowest for decades and have stayed that way for ages.

dustycorner

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 03:44:44 pm »
Since Tony Liar whoops sorry Blair was elected in 97 we have got or had the following.

1. 863,000 additional public sector employees ( nice way to massage unemployment figures )
2. Over a million people on long term incapacity benefit instead of unemployment benefit again massaging unemployment figures
3. 64 stealth taxes and they are keeping quiet about their plans for national insurance contributions post election.
4. Claims of rigged postal voting
5. A junior minister admitting that 9/11/2000 was a good day to bury bad news
6. British armed forces sent to fight a illegal war, then to suffer the idignation of the cutting of historical regiments, cases of soldiers having to buy equipment in Iraq
7. Peter Mandelson involvement in the cash for passports scandal
8. Increased anti social behaviour, our government answer is to make pubs open for 24 hours

If this was a tory government it would have been hounded out of office for all of the above and i haven't mentioned Bliar's desire to sign away our constitution to become president of a federal europe.

And no before you ask i don't vote labour.

Cheers Mark

Karl Wildey

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 04:55:33 pm »
1.So thats 863k given jobs instead of getting benefit,
2.1 million ill, or unemployed, still a little short of 3 million under tory
3.an increase in taxes, like there has never been a government take does this
4. remember tories moving the boundaries for voting,
5. Carry out all the time
6. Don't get me started on this,
7. cash for questions.
8. pubs are open 24hr, and about time. anti-social behaviour needs stopping, you can have that, but not a government fault just life as it is.

and as for the future did not know you could read it.

what about the foxes been given a lease of life?