Andrew Briscoe

Re: Scorpion 3 versus Powr-Flite Perfect Heat PFX 1350
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 05:52:48 pm »
This is mine Clinton, along side Bane tanks and reels,

put it in over new year, then was going to take out clean up etc,

however picked up new big contract and didnt get time, so just ratchet strapped it down for now.

when it goes back in it will be moved slightly, glad i temp fitted it now, got to know it , and where everything goes best !

Andrew

gwrightson

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:34 pm »
Darren ,
cant understand your problem with the raptor, amachine I have used in the past and although not comparable to a t/m vaccing at 75 ft wasnt a problem, still one of the best portys around.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:41 pm »
Goeff when i said the Raptor was crap at 75ft i didnt just mean the Raptor my powermax is just as bad as it has the same vacs in it maybe its just me but 2vacs at that distance the results arent good enough.Goeff for the first 10 months the machine was brilliant but after that its been a bit of a joke the amount of things that have went wrong with its been back to Hydramaster 3 times and also to my Prochem dealer 3 times and still no further forward with the pump now iam having electrical problems with it to and to be honest i wish i never bought it now.

clinton

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 08:20:44 pm »
Andrew

Looks like a good set up mate.Like the system how you heat the water :)

Think if you dont want to go down the full t mount set up the scorpion is the way to go :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 07:56:34 am »
Hi Guys

Clinton, if you want to go to a full TM set up then get a TM.

These set ups, although often ingeneous are portables in a van, a TM has lots more power.

Cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 08:01:59 am »
Hi doug

They are  agreat set up t mounts just all the messing about with them and have to keep going out to them in between the jobs just if i did get one i would get used to the way of the workng of them ::)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
Hi Clinton

I toyed with the TM/Porty thing for years but like all who have taken the plunge, you just get used to   a different way of working and the results for not much effort are outstanding.

I would never knock portys, last week I earned more with my porty than TM, largely due to a big City job, but if you are not careful you can end up spending almost as much on a porty as a TM, which doesn't make much sense.

Cheers

Doug

williamx

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 09:54:30 am »
Hi Guys

Clinton, if you want to go to a full TM set up then get a TM.

These set ups, although often ingeneous are portables in a van, a TM has lots more power.

Cheers

Doug

The problem I have is that as well as being a carpet cleaner, I also use a van mounted WFP system andI want to expand into gutter and driveway cleaning.

If I had a truck mount carpet cleaning machine as well, I would need to change from my transit to an articulated lorry ;D

Darren O

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 10:06:23 am »
A bit like myself not enough room in the van for a truckmount got my van brand new 2 years ago still got 2 years left on finance so will be keeping it for at least another 2 years.When i do get a Scorpion i will be using it as a porty i no you can use it van mounted but i would rather leave outside house and just use 50ft vac hose and soution hose.

clinton

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 03:00:43 pm »
Alltec have been testing a three vac set up ???

Might be out in a few weeks,just if its a new concept there might be teething probs ???

gwrightson

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 05:24:30 pm »
one problem with leaving a scorpion outside custys house.

Custy thinks you have a plastic bucket with a vaccum motor , they look like some think you can buy down at B&Q   ;)

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 06:19:05 pm »
Excellant value for money at B & Q Geoff  ;)