Darren O

Solutions Scorpion
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:34:02 pm »
A question for Scorpion owners can you use chemicals like Formula 90 with the Scorpion or will it foam up to much because of the suction on it cheers Darren.

richie

Re: Solutions Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:37:23 pm »
You shouldnt have any major problems however, if you do just add a cap ful of Prochem Liquid Defoamer to the waste tank.

Richie.

mark shannon

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:50:05 pm »
I would only use 35ml in a full tank and not more than 50ml, take no notice of F90 instructions IMO  because if you follow them you will get foam problems.

Carpet Genie

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 12:04:50 am »
It does create a lot of foam due to the suction power - if i ever use Crystal Green it foams up massively with just one bucket load unless i use some de-foamer.
As long as de-foamer in it though it is fine.
Mike George

The Carpet genie

clinton

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:14:28 am »
Always good to put some de-foamer in your tank just in case :o

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:41 am »
and the tip I got re defoamer..... was to mix it in a bucket with some water and then suck it up thro the hose - thus it lines the hose on the way to the tank.... same way as the suction water travels.

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:58 am »
Thanks for the replys also how many plugs does it have iam thinking of buying one in the summer if i cant get my Raptor fixed once and for all would also be buying a Ashbys steamate but its pricey £649+vat.I was thinking of buying a truckmount before Christmass got all the info from Hydramaster was looking at the Boxer 318 but my van is a swb Nissan Primaster and there wouldnt be enough room the time i put my WFP gear for the window cleaning in it to and cant afford a new van and truckmount the Scorpion is one Ugly machine but if its as good as every one says it is then i think it will be worth getting.

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:05 am »
The Scorpion has 4 switches, one for each vac and then one for the pump.

Two cables and have worked them from the same double socket in a hall or lounge (wherever).
Not had a problem tripping out.

Scorpion is one ugly machine! ........ maybe Clinton will reply to that.  CLINTON.

Weight is 90lbs so it is a lightweight by comparison to some.

That seems a lot for a heater. They are not on Solutions website but I reckon Nick could do one cheaper.
The one I have is dual chamber with separate switches.

Darren O

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:23 am »
Joe compared to my Raptor i think the Scorpion looks flimsey at best but iam not bothered how it looks just totally fed up with the Raptor i have a powermax to but iam not going back to 120psi agree with you on the price of the steamate thats for the 400psi version but they are supposed to be the best inline heaters out and  has anybody got one and what do you think of them. cheers Darren.

clinton

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 10:06:00 am »
Hi darren :)

Like the idea of the scorpion and till i saw one in the flesh last week i didnt think it was a bad looking machine mate,I could say a few other makes that were uglier ;D

They are really light and not to hard to load into your van.

Think the heater exchanger from nick will be cheaper and as joe said am sure he will do a deal ???

The ashbys seems expensive mate at that price ???

clinton

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:33 am »
I know ashbys have got the new dual heat system in there machines so maybe thats why there so expensive as they are trying to sell the new machines ???

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 11:41:32 am »
Darren

when you read the first line of this machine on ebay - does it sound familiar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carpet-Cleaner-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine_W0QQitemZ320338891419QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item320338891419&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1121|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Darren - dont be worried if you think the Scorpion LOOKS flimsey - I have not heared of one imploding due to its power.
and dont worry about you think it looks ugly - I have not had any client say "thats an ugly machine - just take it away, I dont want it here".
I have heard them say "oh, my carpets look lovely and feel nice and soft".

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:30 pm »
Joe just read it does sound familiar iam not realy bothered what the Scorpion looks like iam more interested in the heat exchangers i dont no how good the one Solutions sell but ive got the one Prochem sell £399+vat and its crap thats why iam looking at the steamate the spec for it looks good not bothered how much it is as long as it gets the water hot enough.

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 06:42:56 pm »
Would i have to buy another wand to i see you can get it with 2inch vac hose was thinking of running 40ft of 2inch and 10ft of 1.5inch to the wand or am i better running 50ft of 2inch to the wand just means spending more money on a wand for 2inch vac hose.

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 06:56:59 pm »
The 2" hose is standard buy would think you could ask for 1.5" ............ but dont do that.

Go for the 2" and if you dont want to go for a 2" wand at this time then you can either

a) put 2" to 1.5" reducing cuff on the end of the 2" hose
or
b) as 2" hose can be a bit awkward to some people especially in tighter spaces ie bedroom, then you can have say 10' 1.5" hose. Still need the 2" to 1.5" reducer.

The 2" hose Solutions supply is quiet flexible and therefore you may feel no need for the 1.5" whip hose to the wand, but you may still find it advantageous for a upholstery/stair tool.

However, a 2" wand would be better then a 1.5", but is heavier.
I manage ok with my 1.5" wand.  Still very good drying times.

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 07:38:32 pm »
Joe what size of wand do you use with your truckmount.

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 08:13:23 pm »
Same 1.5" I use with the Sorpion.
12" wide, one a 2 jet and another a 4 jet.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 09:52:53 pm »
IMO a 3kw inline heater will struggle to heat to a high temp continuously and most heaters seem to be only 2 kw. I used to fill the tank and put an open hose on the heater and recirculate the water to heat the tank while I prepped through. Putting warm water into an inline will give better results. I dont use a heater now as I use cold water rinsing.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

clinton

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »
Joe

Your heater exchange was pretty good when i used it with the scorpion last week and we had steam coming from the wand :)

Darren O

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 05:39:09 pm »
Do you think there is anyway you could stick a heating element in the tank and wire it up to the existing electrics in the Scorpion i wouldnt be using the element when cleaning just to heat the water up when iam pre vac pre spraying and  then switch it of when the pump and vacs are running and would also be using a heat exchanger nearer the wand or is this just getting to complicated like to hear your thoughts Joe.I was reading through old posts and iam sure somebody managed to fit a element in there Scorpion tank.