Simon@arenaclean

Re: Yellow Pages
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 01:18:00 am »
I've had an add in yellow pages since '93 but it has kind of died since 2001/02. I've tried large ads but they didn't help so i've had a quarter column for the last 2/3 years. In fact after threatening not to advertise this year (09) because of poor returns I had a blitz of calls in late November that netted around a £1000. So i've gone in again this year ::) Again i'm not expecting miracles and it WILL be my last year ;D

Simon

clinton

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 06:55:42 am »
It will be interesting to see what hapens this year with y pages and see if many newbies will go into the book.

Years ago we didnt have an option really but y pages to build upyour c cleaning ::)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 06:56:45 pm »
I guess my main competitors are still in there, basically same ads so like me they might consider a presence is important and it is hard to break a cycle even though in most cases it's more in hope than expectation! But I agree with other comments that regular customers do use it to track us down, happened today, so it has a place but it will need to be much more competitive to survive. If my ad cost £250 I probably would not hesitate.