bennymon

next week
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:13:54 pm »
hi folks this year has been pretty good for me until now . next week i dont have a single job booked in . my next 20,000 leaflets start going out next week so fingers crossed as this is usually a busy time of year. is anyone els this quiet   del   :'(

Lavinia

Re: next week
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:31:07 pm »
I had 11k flyers go out two weeks ago and have another 11k going out next week. although I have a lot on it all seems to be small jobs. Normally this time of year I am stacked out. Just goes to show what a goverment can do, no one is spending money and if they are its as little as possible

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:36:04 pm »
Had a very good September, above average October, average November but now going quiet. Just a few jobs booked for December so far.
Pity I dont charge VAT, I am sure the 2.5% reduction would get them flocking to their phones  ::)

spencer davies

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:59:58 pm »
Fully booked, most through our sites, don't do leaflets.

S

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 05:16:21 pm »
Been mental here ,had 3 dead weeks then bang ! been doing 4 jobs a day ,not been this flat out before,not sure whats going on,not been doing any advertising,only yellow pages and net.Did a clean for some polish people and got on with them really well,they even cooked me polish food to try ! knocked some money off their bill,and they have now told the entire polish population that live around this way !
done about 5 jobs through the letting agy this week,only just started getting cals from them again,had 3 months where they didn`t give me anything ! finding that it all balances out really,the really busy times make up for the realy dead times,have learnt to keep some money aside for emergency`s though,lot`s of my jobs this week have been cash,and they have not wanted invoices  ;D Trouble is it`s all gotta go in the bank for my tax bill,rev are going to hammer me next year !
What goes around comes around

Kev Loomes

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 05:17:47 pm »
Same as Spence, cant possibly squeeze anyone else in next week. Recently been working 6 days a week to cope - all mostly high end jobs too which is good. Dont do leaflets either.

clinton

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 05:21:51 pm »
Got a busy week next week and have some booked up the week after :)

Had a v good september and good october and november :)

Have not done any more of my leaflets as yet ::)

derek west

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 05:23:37 pm »
just got one booked in for the 29th, the day after a party, if its too bad i'm walkin.
derek

ollie

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 05:27:09 pm »
Ive got 5 jobs booked and 4 quotes ,im just ticking over nicely.
ollie

clinton

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 05:28:24 pm »
Derek

IT was me that put the wrong phone number in my phone ::)

It was a totally dif number i put in lol

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 05:34:35 pm »
Hi Guys

I am really steady at the moment, although the phone was uncannily quiet this morning, not a call.
Checked diversion and like a plonker I'd forgot !!
Put it back lunchtime and it started ringing again.
Whats been particularly noice this past couple of weeks is good quality enquiries, very little price shopping.
Cheers
Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 05:42:36 pm »
next week is booked up, the following weeks leading up to xmas all the morning are booked with suites (for some reason I've had a big run on suites just lately)

most of Jan & Feb is booked up because of my 'buy 1, get the rest of the house free' offer :D :D
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 05:43:35 pm »
hi doug i need your help i will give you a call cheers  del

Neil Grainger

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »
Good to see all you guys are really busy, you can all turn your phones off now for the rest of December. I have got to know loads of cleaners around my area and none of them ever say they are booked out for weeks, ever. Christmas is never the best anyway, Give me a July and August anyday over Xmas.

Its seems really strange to me that customers book so far in advance as most only book 3 weeks out at a max. Most dont no what they are doing next week let alone 1 or 2 months out.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 07:40:05 pm »
Steady work right up to 22nd December. Mostly all referrals and repeat customers.
My mind boggles at the amount of leaflets Bennymon and Lavinia are putting out. I wouldn't have used 10,000 leaflets in ten years or more.

Len Gribble

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 08:02:38 pm »
Was hoping to have next week off, phoned customer today Saturday’s work postponed till Tuesdays. One collation won’t have to pay time and half.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

markpowell

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 08:05:16 pm »
Booked solid for next week now, i look at it in this way, as long as i have work for the next 2 days im happy, no matter what time of year it is.
I have had the best year ever the credit crunch/recession has had no effect on business at all.
Mark

Jim_77

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:01 pm »
Had a quieter autumn than normal up till about 2 weeks ago then BOOM... but have recently put steps in place to get a few more customers, so hopefully not sitting on my backside in the first 2 months of the year like usual.

I've got the next 2 weeks almost fully booked up, only about 5 free days left in the diary before Xmas, which is a relief after spending half of September and October looking at blank pages.

For me, it normally dies off a little into September after a busy summer, then gets steadily more busy up to Xmas... but hasn't followed that pattern at all this year.  Loads of jobs have been low-value but for decent clients, rather than crap jobs for crap clients.

Funny old world.

clinton

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 09:54:08 pm »
Same here jim

There has not been a pattern in my work either this year :)

Maybe thats how it will unfold the same next year :)

mark shannon

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:15 pm »
Yep same here fully booked till March 22nd  ;D