Shaun_Ashmore

Re: who is the most powerful man in .....
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:16 pm »
nuff said ;D

saying that if he had charisma ge would do very well.

Shaun

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:44 pm »
Most lasting impression was made on me by Tom Ashby.............never forgot many of his pearls of wisdom.

Fastest impression made, was by Peter Reed......... i truly believe he would have become one of the names on Shaun's list.

Current top name would have to be Paul Pearce.......................still enlightens me as much today, as he did on first meeting  8)

carpet guy

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 11:43:53 pm »
Whoever has the power to decide that only a particular company should be allowed to clean carpets and others excluded may be the most powerful individual.

In truth, the most powerful man in c/c should be at the top of a nationally recognised body, such as Corgi, but it has'nt happened yet and is unlikely to, without regulation...............then you will know, as he / she will insist that you are .............registered, "qualified" and stick to the policies they come up with................and they will charge you a hefty fee to regulate you.

That's power, the ability to have you all singing from the same hymn book, using only approved products and having your prices pegged.

Liahona

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 12:01:50 am »
Rob, but that isnt and wont happen, so not sure your point.  Hello again anyway, hope you and your health are doing well, best Dave.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 12:08:33 am »
Paul is on list on nominnees and he's UK head of IICRC, however I would say he is most influential in technical section.

carpet guy

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 12:17:52 am »
Evening Dave

Not writing as a personal wish or desire, just suggesting what would amount to real power, desirable , or otherwise.

To decide who is currently the most powerfull man in c/c maybe the answer would be, the producer of T V programs which could, advocate carpet cleaning, over hard flooring, as a desirable fashion accessory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rob

Still involved, but doing less and less, physical work

maxcarpets

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 07:23:24 am »
me

Fresh Clean

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 09:18:17 am »
you!!!!!!!!!

The Great One

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 09:33:19 am »
Guys, we are cleaning carpets, not pumping sunshine!

boshravie

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 12:07:30 pm »
well so far my choice is Derek Bolton & Paul pearce.

Regard

Bosh

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 12:11:16 pm »
I'm having trouble with the phrase "Most powerful man" and would prefer to use "Most influential man".

During the industry's lifetime, that would have to be Ron Tilley. His Waves of Learning and Wisdom still roll through our lives on a daily basis.

The men who have probably had the most influence on the course of my own business life are Ed Crawford and the late John Goldsmith , but within the industry overall, they're small fry.

At present, there doesn't appear to me to be any one individual who stands out amongst the crowd. But from the nominations offered, there are plenty of candidates who I would agree with.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

edward coller

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2007, 03:01:44 pm »
Who is doing the most profitable level of business in other words the best business man/salesman  this is business not a hobby no margin no mission   Simon

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:37 pm »
Thats why I think it should be like The National Soap Awards

Best Cleaner

Best Supplier

Lifetime achievement etc

carpet guy

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2007, 03:41:28 pm »
Back to the original question..................

How do you measure , or perceive POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To have power over the industry, would require you to be able to influence the publics reception of .......carpets and, or carpetcleaning and, or the truth about what constitutes a healthy home.

For the past decade, the power has been in the hands of people like Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, the two ponces from Glasgow, Carol Smillie, Linda Barker, etc.

They are really the most powerful people in this industry and it will take a strong personality, to overcome the damage they have and continue to cause your industry.

There is nothing to stop manufacturers of carpets and cleaning supplies getting together to sponsor a suitable programme.

rob

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 04:02:09 pm »
The problem with that is that we are all not together, the NCCA haven't got the money and even if they did I don't think they would do it. I wouldn't if I were them in that kind of corporate world you are talking silly money.If I were the NCCA I would do the care labels for upholstery and send them free to upholsterers, the small upholsterers would love them as it gives them a freebie and also credibility the larger concerns would want money for the priviledge.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 04:57:08 pm »
Should our aim be to be the most powerful person in Carpet cleaning in our own town?
Shaun, CD paid 25k a year 12 years ago to have labels put in all Christie-tyler group upholstery, it must be a lot more now.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

carpet guy

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 05:05:52 pm »
I was suggesting carpet manufacturers / machine and chemical suppliers, etc, where there is money and who would benefit hugely from a positive cahange of fortune.

Bear in mind, that the programme makers already have the infrastructure and have already purchased the equipment, it's the advertising and periphery sponsors are paying for.

I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to take part for free.

vangaurd

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 05:13:59 pm »
I WILL NOMINATE MYSELF
as iam the worlds number one! 8)

The Great One

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2007, 05:57:53 pm »
Or maybe we should get on and do what we do. And help each other as we have been doing instead of pumping sunshine where it doesn't? :-X

PaulKing

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2007, 06:24:25 pm »
The problem with that is that we are all not together, the NCCA haven't got the money and even if they did I don't think they would do it.

Shaun

your bang on the money, it neeeds dare i say it a complet and utter bar setward in charge of marketing for the members, who has carte blanch,is on commision. Its all already there a national organisation with trained members, lets face it everyone who's not a member should be quaking! It should be the case that it's a no brainer to join.

why are'nt the manufactre using the ncca as a total closed shop, sharing databases ect  god i would love that job
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne