Ian Gourlay

Yellow Com
« on: October 06, 2004, 07:49:35 am »
After reading a post elswhere about Yellow Com and payinger I thought I would check the competion out.

Low and behold I am top off the list under my old trading name and address.

However the good news is my telephone number is the same.

This must have been there years.

So much for reps telling me  I have to pay.

I do not recall having a call.

What is strane is that I pay for Yellow Pages but do not get a free listing under This Years Trading name.

stevegunn

Re: Yellow Com
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 08:34:50 am »
My understanding is you only pay for an enhanced listing.

paulchambers

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 09:11:03 am »
Does anyone get any response from enhanced listing   Paul

eclipse

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 11:08:18 am »
it is my first year trading on my own and i took the enhanced listion option so far i have only got 3 jobs of yell.com but it has paid for the advert there is only one other company with enhanced listings in my area who is one of the big franchises
it is true you only pay for the enchanced listing

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 11:42:08 am »
LEE
What price do they charge for enhanced listing.I was going to have a go this year but did not get around to it untill sept, I was told the dead line is August.
Speaking to a couple of guys locally they tell me they get quite a bit of work from yellow pages.

They also do a web site so you can advertise online,for them to build you a web site and advertise tour service they want £35 a month.

Do any of the guys on the forum use this and does it work?

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

eclipse

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 01:13:21 pm »
paul the advert in the grimsby and scu nthorpe yellow pages with enhanced listing on internet cost me £317  however i had many problems with actually seeing the proof of the advert and i had sent 26 emails to the rep requesting to see the proof (as it is my first year trading i wanted it spot on) the first time i saw my ad was when the new copy of yellow pages fell on my doorstep
next year i am not too sure as to go back in the yellow pages or try the thompson local
any thoughts????

dave401uk

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 04:21:10 pm »
as far s yellow pages goes,i tend to go with the old addage,can you afford not to be in it,Thompsons directory from my exp,get you all the price seekers,ie,there looking for the cheapest job!

Not over pleased with yell.com,but yellow pages as far as i am concered is a must,year in, yr out,country to popular thinking,you can never be to busy!

Dave.
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 07:35:30 pm »
Got to agree with Dave on this one.
Ian - you get a free internet listing if you have a business telephone number, as far as I know, you pay if you want that listing enhanced to include more of your business activities etc.
If you do have a business telephone agreement, rather than a residential one, you also get a free lineage mention in Yellow Pages.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

John_Flynn

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 07:48:58 pm »
I am not in Yellow Pages this year, my new directory came out 3 weeks ago and my phone has stopped ringing :( :( :(
I get better looking each day!!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 02:48:38 pm »
Funny thing I picked up an order yesterday from a Contractor in Herts to clean the carpets in an Office locally. He has 250 to clean and paint

He found me through Yellow Com

Scott Martin

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 11:26:19 am »
Mixed views on yellow pages and yell.com but as they say you cannot afford not to be in it.

My total yellow pages bill for this year is around £2500 and includes yell.com and 118 247 which, is a load of crap! do do 118 247, they 1 call that i have had so far with 118 247 is a party at 3am with puke everywhere!

I have secured some good contract through yeollow pages and the yell.com works occasionally but they keep putting the prices up and changing the zones etc so more zones you have the more it costs you!

1 use a 0800 number so that is really good for yellow pages

Cheers

Scott

The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

Phil Marlor

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 06:13:11 pm »

I too was conned into taking out the 118 247 >:(

I then found out after that the Stevenage area isn't even covered for this. >:( >:( >:(

They also told me I would receive a statement every 3 months showing me all the potential customers they had sent my way.

No customers yet in 6 months!!! >:(
No statement!!! >:(

The salesman is in for a very hard time next year!!

Phil

Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

rs_cleancare

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 01:35:04 am »
Hi,
i have been cleaning carpets now for 4 weeks yesterday got my first call from yell.com and have only had my free line for 2 weeks probely luck of the draw. After speaking to the customer he said he only uses yell as he finds he gets more options of companys to choose from. I still wouldn't pay for this service but from my one call he had a lovely big house that needed cleaning ;D. My opinion is that people sit around in offices think i need my carpets cleaning and have a look at yell as the computer is there in front of them.
I go in the yellow pages in march so hopefully £1300 later the phone should ring a little more.

ashplays

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 06:03:53 am »
i find i get lot better responce from thomson than yellow pages any one else find this ?

Big_Fish

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 04:39:29 pm »
We have a large ad in Yellow Pages which has brought a fair amount of work but it was very expensive.

Yell.com has been very good (with an enhanced listing and our website).

118 247 is a complete waste of time. We cover 3 areas with this service and have had 1 call in 10 months which didn't amount to anything. We too were told we'd get a statement but have recieved nothing.

We spent several thousands of pounds with Yellow Pages over the last couple of years. In hindsight, there is other cheaper advertising that brings in top quality work for a fraction of the cost.

Next year we will have a smaller ad in the directory, stay with Yell.com and I have a few choice words for the rep' about 118247.

We have also been on the recieving end of some letters from Yell asking us to reinstate our direct debit otherwise they will cancel the services that they supply us with. The annoying thing is, we don't owe them anything at all. Everything is paid for! We currently have a complaint in the pipeline.

They rarely answer or acknowledge receipt of any customer email. They are hopeless at replying to letters and the customer service persons seem to be very short on knowledge regarding any question I've ever asked.

BFN