wilton

acidic rinse
« on: May 25, 2007, 11:42:14 am »
Hi

Query from a newbie, I`ve been using my new CFR pro 500 for six weeks and would like to keep to the CFR range of chemicals. My query is, if I have an 80/20 wool carpet to clean which is very soiled and I use onestep premier pre-spray(ph9.5) should I neutralise it with my A-excel acidic rinse(ph5.3-5.6) in the tank.  What I have been using to be safe is Onestep premier fine line (ph6.8) and rinsing with water which I don't always think gives me the best result on a heavily soiled wool carpet.  :-\

Many Thanks
Paul - Healing Carpet Care

AquaMagic

Re: acidic rinse
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:52:24 pm »
In an ideal world when cleaning wool with such a high PH you need to get it as near neatral with an acidic rinse, if think the way they work it out is to subtract the ph ie 9.5 from 14 which leaves you with 4.5 which is arond the ph you should be rinsing at.

Only been doing this 15 months though so id wait for a few more experienced answers.

If the Fineline is letting you down maybee you arent putting enouth down or not agitating enough.

M-Power and Nemesis are geat on wool aslo.

Dene

steve cardy

Re: acidic rinse
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:37:19 pm »
I think that if you are really concerned with the ph that is left in the carpet after cleaning you need to do a ph on the carpet before you start.People just assume that before you touch it it is neutral which it sometimes isnt.