Re: Splash & Dash
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 05:42:16 pm »
Carpetguy,    

I don't think it's fair to have a dig at someone regarding there spelling or grammar. What you have got to realise is that this industry is mostly made up of people with limited intelligence, many of whom are dyslexic, that's why they choose a trade that requires only basic knowledge.
There are a lot of very successful businessmen or women that cant even add 2 and 2 together let alone string meaningful sentences together. This doesn't mean they can't communicate effectively and sniff out and obtain lucrative contracts or deals. Take Richard Branson for example, severally dyslexic to the point of having trouble writing his own name!! His he unsuccessful?

There are a few Carpet cleaners on this forum who have very large profitable business, two of them don't know how and when to use capital letters, I have observed one of them who never uses capitals. But they know more about the industry and its secrets that most of us put together.
Well almost, I know the secret of this game now. ;)

Peter

paul wright

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:04 pm »
and his parents were very rich ::)

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2007, 06:46:24 pm »
and his parents were very rich ::)

And could spell! ;D

paul wright

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2007, 06:49:45 pm »
lol  ;D

AquaMagic

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2007, 07:38:57 pm »
1st Clean, interesting post, if you are adding 1 or 2 pounds to every job and doing say 75 jobs a week , thats £150 extra for no extra effort, now imagine if you added a fiver to every job thats nearly doubled your profit and i dont think people will moan at paying £50 instead of £45, maybee now you can see why its worth getting as much as your can for your work. And why so many of us take the option to Work less for more rathet than work more for less, the really sucessfull C.C's are the ones who can work More for More if you catch my meaning.

Dene

carpetguy

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2007, 10:12:02 pm »
I was not having a go, simply stating that ...............reading what's been posted, the use of language, is how we communicate with clients, whether written or spoken.

Don't have a clue about the assertion that I was once in Teeside, never have been and it's about 250 miles away fromme.

I don't agree with the deprived area concept, either...........on my doorstep, is one of the most deprived areas in the UK, but we get regular work from there charging the same rates as elsewhere and as a matter of interest, there are more, latest technology TV's, computers, etc, in this area and everyone wears the very latest and expensive clothing and footwear.

What has come out of this, is the fact that 1st Clean has gained more confidence in herself and taken the plunge, raising prices and experienced no resistence.

Also, there has been a surprising amount of empathy shown, by a number of posters, something that's been lacking recently.

I honestly felt there was a wind up and responded accordingly !

In 20 years time I certainly won't be here, as I'll be over 80, but when I had just one guy working for me, I was getting £250 from him each week, and that was at low prices.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2007, 07:44:20 am »
Peter Dyslexic people do not lack intelligence.

Einstein  was dyslexic.

Susan Hampshire is , Michael Heseltine owned a publishing empire.  Richard Branson owns lots,

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2007, 11:14:56 pm »
IstClean - try putting your prices up for one month. See what happens and if it fails then go back to your usual prices. Could it be possible that you might attract a slightly better class of clientelle by charging more - i.e filtering out the crappy jobs.
Good luck.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2007, 03:24:40 pm »
IstClean - try putting your prices up for one month. See what happens and if it fails then go back to your usual prices. Could it be possible that you might attract a slightly better class of clientelle by charging more - i.e filtering out the crappy jobs.
Good luck.

well its been nearly a week and have nt had any comments from the custsy yet , they have all booked in to get the jobs done . mind i havent gone over board just one or two pounds here and there and 10 pounds on the bigger jobs , ill be seeing how things go for a month like what you have said and take it from there  ;D

ianharper

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2007, 03:41:25 pm »
1st clean

best ting i ever did was over night change my prices from £25 hr to £50 thanks to paul moss

respect

Ian Harper

AquaMagic

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2007, 10:19:51 pm »
1stclean, keep going untill you notice price resistance, ie more saying no than yes, this is a good indicator of your price ceiling, its upto you then what you do, you could look at "selling" your company better when you reach that point to raise that price ceiling.

Dene

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2007, 05:29:28 am »
its ok every one saying put your prices up.
but they have to keep the call volume up also.

Its ok getting 75 calls a week on splash n dash advertised prices but i bet the call volume goes a way down when the put the prices up, abd will they be able to keep those customers, or will it be the ones that get them cleaned every 3 to 4 years?
1st has done well due to the fact people clean there carpet more cos they cant replace them. Now if the price goes up............get in the wooden floor.......cheap lam.......wood.............

i have a guy in fife cheap as chips but busy already put 2 long term cleaners out the game..........and another has put his prices down to match the clown..........

And we have a lot of little ex mining towns with lots on the dole.......

but saying that we also have 4 chem drys........lol..................

never mind spring is nearly here.............
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

scott.

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:47 am »
Do people have carpets up north ;D  oh dear...not being funny, but I think the only carpet owners in the UK are down south :P....but seem to be homeowners...council home owners appear to have bare floorboards in my experience....I blame the government!