Neil Grainger

Re: yellow pages
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 05:03:04 pm »
Hi STeve

Same for me, Had nothing from Yellow Pages for about 5 weeks and got 3 Calls and 3 Jobs today, amazing really as I am in the nidle of Book but next to the Chem Rubbish people.

Its been better than last year but is not as good as they would like you to believe.

Have you be listening to their latest Advert on Talksport. Plumbers get an average of 55 calls a week and Taxi companies get 44 calls a week. Love to no how they can prove this.

Cheers

Neil

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 06:08:21 pm »
They offered me an 0845 no FOC and said they can 'monitor ' the calls i acceptd at first but then changed my mind as i nearly allways ask how they have heard about us.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 06:24:22 pm »
Look at other ads in YP. CD always have a photo, its cheesey but it works. When I changed from a cartoon pic to a photo response upped 25-30%. I have cut from a colour three column by 40mm to a single column. So far no diff in response.

Thompsons do not work in this area.

Always ask where people got your name record it on the jobsheet and analyse it monthly. Either cut or improve ads that dont work. I do my own artwork and save the fee. Its then as I want it.

The first 12 months that I operated full time I ran ads in the local paper then it died I think all potential customers had replied, so I cut it and have not used them since.

trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

MCG

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:29 pm »
We definitely wouldn't give up on the book just yet.
I'd say of every 10 calls about 6 would be from yp.  We just have a modest quarter column but it suits us fine. One year we did go large (almost half page) and we were lucky to get one call a fortnight.  That year sucked but as soon as we went small again - hey presto!  Maybe that depends on location though.  We work East London which does mean you get a lot of people just wanting the cheapest price rather than the best quality.

Regards,
Darren.

PS. We give them both, by the way!  :D

JS2

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 10:24:47 pm »
And me.  Put a trade ad in YP about 6 years ago (albeit not for CC).  However I did have one caller (the only one) in Spring 2005, but the service wasn't what they thought it was !

Pete (JS2)