Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Wand fittings (pics attached)
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 11:05:21 pm »
It might be worth advertising in the for sale section.

Give vernn at master clean a call as he has new products all of the time and his website it too old.

He's a great bloke.

Don't trust that scutter Annable he's from Manchester don't you know.(that's wher they send them from eastenders)

Shaun

Liahona

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 11:06:43 pm »
Clear Vision. I think the problem was that you were suggesting to change the parts and therefore once changed you would have gone into a customers house. Otherwise why start the post? But if thats not the case then why change the fittings on something you arent going to take into a home. If the post was just about where to get fittings then why the picture?  Best, Dave.

Clear Vision

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 11:07:21 pm »
thanks for the links.

Cant get the master clean link to work? any one have that link?

I saw the one on ebay but do you think it's any good?

Clear Vision

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 11:10:30 pm »
Clear Vision. I think the problem was that you were suggesting to change the parts and therefore once changed you would have gone into a customers house. Otherwise why start the post? But if thats not the case then why change the fittings on something you arent going to take into a home. Best, Dave.

All I want to know is where you guys get your spare parts from. I only took a pic for illustration purposse ONLY as it would take me a week to describe the parts. I never intend to use tat wand!

Matthew

Clear Vision

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 11:13:47 pm »
Ok hands up!

After reading my first post it could be taken the wrong way and is a bit miss-leading. Sorry.

All i'm on here for is to find as much information as I can to help me.

David_Annable

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:09 pm »
Hi

Shaun the worrying thing for you is i'm actually from Salford.

Sheffield isn't that far away.

Dave

PS Whats a scutter ?

PPS I think i've got a 3 jet bane wand in the garage going cheap !
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Damian

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:24 pm »
Thankyou Dave-a voice of reckoning! Matthew, Vernon's old website was masterclean. It is now carpetcleaningworld. Have finally dealt with him and he is a decent fella-his missus is very pleasant too! Wouldn't have any reservations about dealing again soon.

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

BRSL

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 11:24:02 pm »
Matthew most suppliers will stock these parts but your better off finding a good hydrolics place as a lot of fittings will come cheaper, plus the trigger valves can be repaired with rebuild kits or simply take apart and replace the o rings again a cheaper option see http://www.interlinksupply.com/Repair_Videos/ for further help

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

Clear Vision

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 11:26:42 pm »
Thanks james,

Will get back to you with regards to the email.

Cheers

Matthew

david_m

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2006, 12:00:57 am »
hi mathew

the wand on ebay would be ok

the rest of you guys give mathew a break
and stop slagging of his wand
at the end of the day we all start some were the first kit i had was no rolle royce either

craigp

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 08:39:08 am »
James, or any one else,

are our size quick connects available else where other that c/cing suppliers ?

would they be the same makes ie. snap-tite, hansen ?

Clear Vision

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 10:06:27 am »
hi mathew

at the end of the day we all start some were the first kit i had was no rolle royce either

thanks david_m,

My machine Is next to new and when I post pics of it the rest of the guys might change your opinion of me! (cowboy springs to mind!)

My other wand I use is a lot better, it's just that I couldn't be bothered going out to the garage so as the "old" & "spare" wand was to hand I just used it for illustration purposses only.

I have NEVER cleaned a customers carpet and I will not be untill I have learned and practised as much as I can. I also have a course to go on and a manual to read before I even attempt to clean a customers carpet. I just practice on my own for now.

I just want to find out as much as I can and I respect the fact that most of you chaps on here are VERY experienced and I will welcome any advice with open arms.

Back to the wand on ebay! What would be the most to pay for it???

Cheers

Matthew

Liahona

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 11:20:59 am »
Craig, there are many places you can get them from and they are generally less expensive than c/c suppliers. You have my number give me a bell as there are suppliers near you. Best, Dave.

Adam Young

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 12:45:55 pm »
hi mathew

thanks david_m,

My machine Is next to new and when I post pics of it the rest of the guys might change your opinion of me! (cowboy springs to mind!)

My other wand I use is a lot better, it's just that I couldn't be bothered going out to the garage so as the "old" & "spare" wand was to hand I just used it for illustration purposses only.

I have NEVER cleaned a customers carpet and I will not be untill I have learned and practised as much as I can. I also have a course to go on and a manual to read before I even attempt to clean a customers carpet. I just practice on my own for now.

I just want to find out as much as I can and I respect the fact that most of you chaps on here are VERY experienced and I will welcome any advice with open arms.

Back to the wand on ebay! What would be the most to pay for it???

Cheers

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Your last post is almost Identical to one I posted last August before I started in this biz. The only difference being I did my NCCA course about 2 months before I found out about these forums, so I  already had a head start on where to look and what to look for. You are definately not a Cowboy, as you are doing your research first and gaining as much knowledge as possible before touching a clients carpet and that's a good thing.

P.s. The body of my Diamondback is no oil painting either but it works brilliant and as I am doing mostly 2 up 2 down residential houses, I tend to leave it outside and run 50ft. Inside the house is where impressions count. If I have a large house and have to take it inside, I find that if the client is watching they tend to be watching me and the results I am obtaining. As long as the carpet or suite is coming up nicely you could have a Dalek in the house for all they woud care.

Stick in,

Adam :) Email me at techniclean@hotmail.co.uk
NCCA Member 1630

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2006, 12:51:54 pm »
if you are after a budget wand then craftex sell a decent 3 jet wand for £138. I used to have this wand and after changing the valve it was the best wand i had.

01823 332696

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steve Chapman

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 03:56:57 pm »
Hi All,

My thought fo the day:-

I had a fellow tradesman tell me once, that if you turn up at a customers house with all shiny new tools it gives the impression they've hardly been used and you dont have much experience ::)

On the other hand well worn in ones show you've been around the block a few times and have done many jobs (if you know what i mean).

I'm not advocating taking beat up tools with you, but there is some logic in there some where ;D

regards
steve

Clear Vision

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2006, 04:02:30 pm »
if you are after a budget wand then craftex sell a decent 3 jet wand for £138. I used to have this wand and after changing the valve it was the best wand i had.

01823 332696

Mike

Thanks mike.

Just off the phone to them and they will deliver it for £162.00 inc vat

Why did you change the valve? Is the one that they supply it with not up to much?

Cheers

Matthew

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 04:06:18 pm »
I used it with a truckmount and it could'nt handle the pressure ( 350psi) or the heat.

and it's plastic so won't take  a hard knock. it cost £18 for a new PMf valve so not a lot to fork out

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Chris R

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2006, 07:16:26 pm »
Just keep an eye on e bay.

This wand went for only £26 today.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280049892456&rd=1&rd=1

I picked up a twin jet stainless steel last week for £53.

I would just bin that wand of yours in the picture.

I thought you only paid £50 for your machine and 2 wands?  ;)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=27952.0#msg213539

Chris
Staffordshire

Clear Vision

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 04:46:49 pm »

I thought you only paid £50 for your machine and 2 wands?  ;)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=27952.0#msg213539

Chris

Correct chris. Thats all I paid for it.

It just had a new vac fitted 2 months ago and the pump was replaced 4 months ago.

I know the pump would cost about £120 but not sure about the vac. So i thought £50 was a good deal! ;)

That wand went cheap on ebay! But it was only a single jet! I would like a twin jet.

Matthew