Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Airflex Storm or Enforcer
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 08:36:35 pm »
Yes I agree John he's spoilt  ;D

I guess your carpets are wool mix? And with no turbo? At 50ft?

Btw very good move John I think/hope you'll do well selling airflex.

Shaun

SteveAllan

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 08:40:41 pm »
Yes, nice one John, Airflex very good  :)

JandS

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »
Should have used 1.5 inch hose.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:48 pm »
What machine have you got John ?

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:52 pm »
Should have used 1.5 inch hose.

I would disagree ,  he should have had the right motors ... and 2"
There is one powerful 7.2  but he wouldnt have had those as it would push ashbys over their 13amps . Chances are he had two 1300w 7.2s perhaps because the owner selected a 600psi ..or was just used to 7.2s on a previous machine .The 7.2 is also unlikely to have the extra bit of cfm o fthe electro that can make a difference in series.

If you want to improve a standard sd/hs enforcer ...  a second hd motor is just 140 , there is little reason not to a least try it out .  That said the sd/hs was almost as good standard . At 50ft 2" my wand at least is griping and sucking at the carpet in a way u dont really get with two vac parallel .
As for that ' series has poor airflow thing '  stil one finger into the 2" hose and you feel little airflow ... but put a few fingers in until the gap narrows and airflow goes crazy ...  vacuum will create cfm under cleaning conditions .
All that said ... dont expect an enforcer to be like a truckmount  ..
you need the booster for that  :D

Chris R

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2014, 08:23:05 am »

I was very interested to hear Alun was getting drying times of an hour with his set up if memory services me right he used to have a truck mount I wonder which model he had?

Shaun

Alun was using the wonderl wand (which not everyone gets on with). Also a red hot day and low pile carpet??

I cleaned my lounge a couple of months ago and just to test it out I used my airflex storm with 150ft of 2 inch vac hose. Very, very pleased with the performance. But with 1 1/2 inch hose its got nothing like the suction.

Enforcer best on short hose runs, storm best on long use runs??

Truck mount just best! ;D
Staffordshire

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:30 am »
My carpets still aren't fully dry this morning.  :o :o :o
They didn't feel overly damp when I cleaned them and thought they'd be dry in a few hours.

Simon

JandS

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2014, 09:29:41 am »
Ninja Shaun.
First job yesterday 2 beds, stairs and lounge not wool, short cut pile.
Did beds and stairs and short break for coffee as I knew the owner.
Did lounge and packed up and stairs were touch dry.
50 foot of vacuum hose 1.5 inch although didn't really need it for lounge.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

John Kelly

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »
You've overwet them Simon. Don't worry common mistake for newby carpet cleaners ;D

david@zap-clean

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2014, 01:48:30 pm »
You've overwet them Simon. Don't worry common mistake for newby carpet cleaners ;D
I knew someone couldn't resist it ☺
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

*Hector*

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2014, 01:56:02 pm »

One day he might learn how to do the job properly eh John??

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »
I know its colder in North West   Did you open the windows ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »
Wrong choice of wand, me thinks. Usually use the Prochem Quad jet at 300-400 psi on the TM (Maxx 450D), so wanting to test the near truck mount qualities of the 7.2 vacs thought it should cope with the flow at 200psi, clearly not.
Used it with 50 feet of 2 inch hose on my van seats with a Sapphire and didn't think it was that much more powerful than the twin vac machines I already have, upholstery cleaning on ships being what we use the portables on mostly. Still a great machine but not what I was expecting, power wise.

Simon

john martin

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2014, 04:42:17 pm »
Wrong choice of wand, me thinks. Usually use the Prochem Quad jet at 300-400 psi on the TM (Maxx 450D), so wanting to test the near truck mount qualities of the 7.2 vacs thought it should cope with the flow at 200psi, clearly not.
Used it with 50 feet of 2 inch hose on my van seats with a Sapphire and didn't think it was that much more powerful than the twin vac machines I already have, upholstery cleaning on ships being what we use the portables on mostly. Still a great machine but not what I was expecting, power wise.

Simon

Tsk ...   who told you the 7.2 used was powerfull .      If they are the ones im thinking of they have close to 400 airwatts  ...  the HD electro has 560 .
Wrong vacs .. wrong wand ...  no airmovers 

fibresafe

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »
Enforcer with Electro motors = 1 x 400 air watts, 1 x 560 air watts motor = total 960 air watts

Storm/Jag etc with 2 x 6.6 motors = 646 air watts per motor = 1292 peak air watts, so about 35% more power overall

john martin

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 05:25:52 pm »
Enforcer with Electro motors = 1 x 400 air watts, 1 x 560 air watts motor = total 960 air watts

Storm/Jag etc with 2 x 6.6 motors = 646 air watts per motor = 1292 peak air watts, so about 35% more power overall

Yes Fibersafe  ...  but the extra airwatts are made up from airflow .  You have to factor in the extra suction of the series machine and how that affects cleaning at the wand on the carpet .

fibresafe

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2014, 05:53:22 pm »
You don't think airflow's important too?

Nearly all the other manufacturer's have ended up going parallel, even the new Ninja, why do you think that is if in-series is better?

john martin

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2014, 06:03:55 pm »
You don't think airflow's important too?

Nearly all the other manufacturer's have ended up going parallel, even the new Ninja, why do you think that is if in-series is better?

I wouldn't have believed it til i tried it  ...  i would say the older vacs had about 95cfm in series ... the electros in the enforcer maesure at 117 ... small but a significant difference in series . Mine upgraded are probably ending up around the 130 .
So i have 18hg and around 130cfm .
Also the 2" hose and plumbing helps in series as well as parallel imo .

In the states the Nautilus extreme 8.4 has the ability to switch between series and parallel , i believe most find it more powerfull in series . Again it has increases airflow over traditional vacs ending up at around 17hg and 150cfm in series .

If cfm was all that mattered ...  there is a single stage version of the 6.6 motor with 115" lift and 170cfm .  So why have all the carpet cleaning machines used the two stage version wiith 130" lift and 139cfm ?  because lift matters .

AJB

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »
A parallel set up will shift more CFMs, but with the wand
on the carpet you need lift to pull the air and water into the
hose.
Where parallel moves more air. Series pulls more through the
carpet fibres. The end result is approx' the same, I remember
reading somewhere a few years ago that both systems when
in contact with the carpet pull something like 53 CFMs max.
Each system has it's good points and bad, at the end of the
day it all balances out, and personal preference dictates your
choice of machine.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!