Simon Gerrard

Re: Why i dont want truck mount
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 08:37:53 am »
We can all come up with stories about people using different systems to ourselves and use them to help us establish that our system is the best. The trouble is, debates like this are useless and usually end in people getting offended and all, for nothing.
The important thing, regardless of your preferred system, is that your customers are happy with your service and your business makes money. End of.

Simon

stuart_clark

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 08:49:00 am »
Well said  ;D ;D ;D

bennymon

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 06:36:19 pm »
The customer doesn't care what you use as long as there carpet is clean when you leave   :). Del

Neil Jones

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
Who cares, I use a puzzi and just throw fairly liquid in. Cheap as chips, one trip from the van as I can carry everything and if I can fit in 12-15 living rooms a day I make £130 quid which where  I live goes a long way.

Plus Mike has taught me how to get cheap labour  ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »
Del

Don’t you mean the appearance of clean!!!!! With a porty!!!

Neil I take it you know Del boy ;D ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

garybristow

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 07:24:06 pm »
ive got a prochem blazer,it is an entry level machine,i also use a prochem steameasy porty
they are chalk and cheese,there is no comparison also a living room in 20 minutes is cobblers
setting up,pre spray ,bit of furniture moving?
sorry cant happen
gary
and relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

john martin

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »
Isnt that a really old single vac ?  Its hardly the best candidate for a porty vs TM debate   :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 10:48:21 pm »
You would be very lucky toclean an average room with a steem easy in 1 hour twenty mins!
One small two or three stage vac and a 50psi flo jet pump , hardly compares tosomething like a storm or a jag does it ?

wynne jones

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 11:05:55 pm »
I could never go back to using a portable because I've indoctrinated all my customers into believing that anything less is inferior and a lot of them told their friends this because I told them so and I am an expert.  ;D

Of course they don't care what you use if you never sell what your using or yourself.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

stuart_clark

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »
So lets see, we all have to become Truck mounters to be an expert in carpet cleaning hmm

stuart_clark

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 08:03:30 am »
Thats the Titan ordered !

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 08:05:45 am »
So lets see, we all have to become Truck mounters to be an expert in carpet cleaning hmm

That was said tongue in cheek. My point is we all have to sell our offerings presenting them in the best way we can. To be perceived as an expert is a big factor in gaining the confidence of a customer, but then you have to deliver if you want to keep them.

If I was using a portable I would be extolling the virtues of my unique offerings.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

stuart_clark

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 08:24:44 am »
Its ok Wynne I meant the same mate

Derek_Walker

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 12:14:28 pm »
I wouldn't worry too much about the machinery, probably about 70% of the population think a rug doctor is the professionals choice, so anything bigger than that is going to impress them.

peter maybury

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 12:44:53 pm »
I did not choose a truckmount because it is truckmounted or because it runs on petrol. I chose to go truckmounted because it is a vastly superior machine to any of the 20 odd portable that machine that I have owned. None of them even came close. Like Simon I started out with a single vac oscilating pump machine, because at the time that was all I knew about. As my business improved so did the equipment. The difference between the two, is not just that one is built into the van and the other is not.
The machines are beyond comparison I only have a small truckmount but that produces 18 hp of power. That would equate to approx. the power you could get from 7 x 13 amp plugs give or take.
When I use a portable the drop in power is so vast that you wonder whether the machine is working properly. You cannot compare it to a truckmount.
The difference in power is far, far greater than the difference you would experience from going to a high end portable to something like a puzzi machine. I remember making the move up and it gave me result that were beyond comparison, and I did get results that I would have never achieved with the far inferior equipment.
You cannot make an informed decision on this subject by reading the information that some people talk about on here, you only need to see a truckmount alongside a portable to realise it I like comparing chalk and cheese.
It is always the porties, who compare their machines to truckmounts we who have experience of both understand that they are quite simply beyond comparison.

Peter

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 04:46:25 pm »
Got one now myself , after dabbling a couple of times , got a water cooled twin wand chemspec  machine .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

*Hector*

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 06:44:58 pm »
I thought you were getting out of this industry Jason? and going into financial services...
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »
He is in financial services, servicing his bank account thru carpet cleaning ;D