Bob Allen

Yell/ Hibu
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »
Has anyone else been contacted recently about yell getting together with Nectar points?
The general Jist is that Nectar will be e-mailing all their customers about a new scheme as well as a nationwide advertising campagne, which will give them necter points if they use certain named tradesman. Its a 6 month trial for £20 a month with a small fee (about £1.20 per £50 ish)apparently points will be added to the customers card via an app on a smart phone.
Any thoughts?
Bob Allen

rich123

Re: Yell/ Hibu
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:03:15 pm »
Hi
Im with Yell and book, and it works ok for me. Hav'nt been offered this yet though.
Sounds more like a bit of a money spinner for Hibu to me.
I'd try it for less, 'cause u never know, but £20 a month is a bit steep I reckon.
Can't see how it would give u that much extra to make it worth it.
Saying that, if u do try it, let me know if its worth £120 extra for 6 months.

Rich

Darran Pryce

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:27:48 pm »
Don't do it... Just get a good site well written and make sure your on page 1 of google... that's all you need to do.  You don't want to pay for anything!  Word of mouth is good too!  You could always open up a stall in the market with some banners up, highlighting your services, people will sign up... Just dangle some carrots to get them sniffing!

I use one of the lads to go down and sign people up.. its good and it works! Even car booty job will do it.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »
Don't do it... Just get a good site well written and make sure your on page 1 of google... that's all you need to do.  You don't want to pay for anything!  Word of mouth is good too!  You could always open up a stall in the market with some banners up, highlighting your services, people will sign up... Just dangle some carrots to get them sniffing!

I use one of the lads to go down and sign people up.. its good and it works! Even car booty job will do it.

Do you know I was just thinking about doing that last week at our Local Market!

Darran Pryce

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 06:53:57 pm »
It works dude.  Just gets some nice colourful banners made up.  Business cards, promotion flyers and hand them out and get chatting to people.  Just make sure you dangle something in front of them (and I don't mean that rude)  ;D

Most of all, pen and note pad.  Always make sure you have your home address/home telephone as well as mobile numbers on all business cards/flyers/websites.  Custy needs to know who their dealing with.

I was in sales and marketing for 18 years before setting my business up.

Hope it works out mate.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 07:55:47 pm »
It works dude.  Just gets some nice colourful banners made up.  Business cards, promotion flyers and hand them out and get chatting to people.  Just make sure you dangle something in front of them (and I don't mean that rude)  ;D

Most of all, pen and note pad.  Always make sure you have your home address/home telephone as well as mobile numbers on all business cards/flyers/websites.  Custy needs to know who their dealing with.

I was in sales and marketing for 18 years before setting my business up.

Hope it works out mate.

Yea on all my stuff I have Address and etc.    Plus I have a 0800 number plus a 'Branch' number.

Do you work out of your van or what?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
The lads just put a table up with a frame around it and banners at the back of their van. 

clive ware

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »
Bob,
I wouldnt reccommend it personally. Have you been in business long? If not, get yourself a well made leaflet and initially put them out yourself. You should manage do deliver around 1,000 per day. Or you could go door knocking although be a little careful as I notice you are from the Portsmouth area and there are some dodgy old Characters over there.
Good luck.

benny d

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »
>>You should manage do deliver around 1,000 per day<<

If your Mo Farrah  ;)
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

clive ware

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 04:02:04 pm »
He more resembles Mo from Eastenders!

dan paton

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:27:54 pm »
you would be like mo from eastenders if you couldn't do 1000 a day.. Hard going on the feet but easily achievable