Radek Jablonski

Re: Scorpion xps pump problem
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 07:18:39 pm »
thanks for all your help guys,
once I will get my Lube and will use for regulator and cam I will say what I got

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »
Ok, got the Lube yesterday.

unscrewed the brass k n o b and this is inside of it

movie showing the water coming out from regulator:

http://youtu.be/NnW5bi5yxec

after cleaning and after Lube added, hand tool attached straight to the regulator, seems to work better but with the 15m of solution hose works bad again. Before cleaning and lubricating was working bad even just with hand tool (without hose).

http://youtu.be/iCch5ixiBxQ

here is the cam and pump bar

here is the movie showing how is the pump bar moving, not too stiff?
http://youtu.be/DRrvb9h5Nzc

Ed Valentine

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »
Replace regulator, or install a repair kit if the regulator is leaking.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »
what is included in the repair kit
how old this parts from the regulator looks like Ed?

john martin

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »

I'd say these are regulator kit parts ...  yours looks pretty old to me  :)

http://www.steam-brite.com/pumptec-brass-pressure-regulator-repair-regulators-p-4164.html

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 04:50:30 pm »
under the link I can see some extra part I did not see, mean that plastic ring

did you order from them before, how long is waiting for uk-ie delivery? any cargo problems or something

I'd say these are regulator kit parts ...  yours looks pretty old to me  :)

hmmm, it should be brand new  ;D

john martin

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2013, 05:16:12 pm »
The Steambrite guys are in the USA Radek ... might be easier to source from one of the UK suppliers .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2013, 06:18:58 pm »
Cleansmart sells the regulator kit. Doesn't cost much.

There's also a video on youtube showing how to change it. Its easy and you'll also have to change the white plastic disc (its part of the kit) that's behind the metal plunger thing that your holding in the picture. You'll need a small drill bit to remove it.

Apply lube to everything before putting it back together.

The pump bar looks smooth enough. Remember to apply lots of lube to that bar before putting it together.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »
thanks, have sent a message to cleansmart

Ed Valentine

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2013, 07:16:58 pm »
Radek;

Hard to put a number of years old those look ; however, I would safely say; "Old" & worn.

Further I suggest first cleaning the cam motor bearing and greasing it with a clear silicone grease before replacing the pump head.

I believe that Solutions UK also carries a full stock of replacement kits.

best;
Ed Valentine

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:18 pm »
Ed,

those pictures you can see above shows the effect of service carried out by Solutions in Cornwal if any was done  ;D

so, need to buy a regulator repair kit, pump head kit and cam and do it proper and soon is possible
but why do I need to pay for it twice, shame,

Kit A Pumptec plunger/seal £45.00 + VAT
Kit B Pumptec valves £30.00 +VAT
Kit C Cam bearing £15.75+VAT
regulator kit ?  guess around 20+vat
delivery £28+Vat

and I have around £165 extra to £117  that I have already payed  
very good bussiness done   :'(

could try first just with regulator kit but if not work then another delivery cost

john martin

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »

Radek , you need to refer ED to the ' Magic service ' thread four pages back ..

This is ridiculous  , Ed is in the business for 40 years and he said the regulator was not serviced  , if you have paid for parts you should at least get your money back .

Len Gribble

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:37 pm »
Radek

I’m no lover of solutions UK and will never be but can you post there service invoice on work carried out not that I disbelieve you but it should be itemised like filling the screen washer £1.60 if you get my drift
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »
John, do you think that Nick will give back those 117 proving that he wasn't right, I say he will not? Legal action could be the only way but is not worth it, this is only 117. He still owes me alta spray tip and standard 2" cuff that I payed and never got.

Ed, here you go http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=167205.0   if you bored  ;D
if you will read and if you do some opinion probably it will be on the Nick's side but I do not care, so feel free.

Len, no problem, just give me few sec

edit://
origanally it is pdf, I did a screen shot

and there is also something I forgot,
interesting is that one time I was told "We removed the pump and motor and from the machine and replaced the internal poppet valves and seals, we do not leave fingerprints inside an machine when we are working that would not be professional."
and in another message I was told "The motor/pump was spun upright still inside the machine the pump was opened seal replaced and then refitted"
one sentence is opposite the other one

des

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 10:36:11 pm »
Mine is just like your's .Have you run the machine with an open end on the pressure pipe so the air can be released back into the tank and then turn down your pressure and see if the pulsing stops .I get the banging when i release the trigger
des at mister clean

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »
many times I did it Des, many times.

john martin

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 10:56:29 pm »

I'd say they thought you would be ' soft touch ' Radek
  and it leaves you with a potentially unreliable machine costing you working downtime .

At least you have proven your doubts to be founded .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 11:41:33 pm »
Quite damning evidence right there.... I didn't realise you had also paid for a regulator kit already.

I still don't understand this not cleaning the inside of the machine while working on it!?! The internals NEEDS to be cleaned before AND after the work has been done! It makes the work more clean, professional and it just makes sense to do it that way.
And the strange thing is that it only takes like 2 minutes to preform this basic task.

The defenders of the realm will be along shortly to rip you apart Radek. Be strong brother.

Len Gribble

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 08:38:06 am »
Got to ask as per picture there seems to be a lot of residual in the regulator presumably you fill fresh water tank with a bucket what one?

Looks like graphite grease in pump head not good practice methinks (think Ed agrees with me ;D)

On the positive side you now have a suppler in Dublin  ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2013, 08:49:26 am »

The defenders of the realm will be along shortly to rip you apart Radek. Be strong brother.

soldiers are waiting for directions given by their commander  ;D

Len, the dirt in the regulator can be new after descaler, still have it in the solution tank, even after cleaning new one will come up
the regulator is/was leaking a bit so it could be it. Well used piston is the thing.

I have a 200lt drum on the van and I am filling using garden pump, new clean one.