craigp

yellow pages
« on: February 18, 2006, 04:16:53 pm »
yellow pages have been caped be the monopaly comission,  poor y/p.
and are going to be further capped next year cus they charging to much!

;D ;D ;D

only about £50 on a 1/4 page though.

tomh

Re: yellow pages
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 05:13:10 pm »
are you saying you were only charged £50 for a 1/4 mono add  :o normaly more than that for artwork

craigp

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 05:24:08 pm »
no £50 off 1/4 page add, hardly any thing really.

tomh

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 06:12:52 pm »
i have 6 1/4 add's in 3 diffrent books for house removals think was charged £280-£320+vat for each responce is crap for out of my local phone number area so just sticking local next year !

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 11:43:57 pm »
What you need to do is obtain virtual phone numbers for the area codes you require. This is a cost effective way of obtaining work from YP outside your area. Have a look in your local YP and I bet you'll see adverts with all the area codes on. They all go to the same phone.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 11:16:29 am »
You can get an 0845 number free (telecoms world, 0870 042 1234) are just one provider.

This stops people thinking "no, they're not local"

Feature in your advert the area covered (either list towns by bullet point or show a map)

Get several 0845 numbers and use a different one on each advert, all divert to your phone, but you can get call response data from the phone provider (mine is emailed monthly) so you can see how many calls were made from which number. Then you have a clearer idea of which adverts are working best.

Alternatively, buy several pre pay mobiles and advertise your phone number thus........

Head Office    01xxx xxxxxx
Anytown        07xxx xxxxxx
Othertown     07xxx xxxxxx
Next town      07xxx xxxxxx
Toytown         07xxx xxxxxx

And so on. This gives the customer the impression that they are calling the member of staff nearest to them. Put a sticker on the phones so you know which one is which advert.

You could always do this format with several 0845 numbers.......

By the way, on a completely different subject, if you have ever sold a vehicle through Autotrader or similar and get fed up with loads of calls after it's been sold, why not get a cheap prepay mobile for this advert only, and switch the damn thing off after the vehicle is sold!