Derek_Walker

Re: which pre-spray?
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »
I know this is a wind up but the health and safety aspect of spraying white spirits around from a sprayer would be a cause for concern, especially with heating systems going full blast at the moment. When we used to apply Scotchgard carpet protector one of the first priorities was to make sure boilers and electric fires were off.

john martin

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:43 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, detergent powder is no good only LIQUID detergent, sorry  ::)
[/quote]

Whats wrong with the powder ?   A big discounted box of Aerial should be cheaper than the liquid ...

btw , does look the same as many of the carpet powders   :)

http://www.pg.com/productsafety/msds/fabric_and_homecare/detergents/Ultra_Ariel_and_Ariel_Color_Granular_Laundry_Detergent.pdf

Soda ash  , surfactant  , percarbonate and builder ...

Paul Moss

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »
Depends on the purity and grade of the chemical ingredients  ;). Household laundry detergents these days have a low/ med purity.
Can you remember many years ago when persil was discintigrating cloths, cost them millions.

*Hector*

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 07:35:24 am »
don't forget to get automatic washing powder... It doesn't foam up as much as hand washing powder..  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Claude Fenner

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »
Prespray gold is aimed at wool carpets. Power Burst is fantastic for polypropylene and various mixes. It is a great one size fits all cleaner and pwerful at PH11. No matter what anyone says I have found that using fibre and fabric rinse when extracting does make a visible difference especially on lighter carpets. I have found most of the prochem solutions to be very effective. Trafic Lane in a strong mix is excellent for "traffic lanes" and Ultrapac renovate is unbeatable for most anything carpets walls, floors, you name it. 90% of the time I use Stain Pro, Citrus Gel and Power Burst and rinse with Fibre and Fabric Rinse with Odour fresh added. Not had an unhappy customer yet. Perhaps I should mention I use a truck mount.