Paul Moss

Re: Vat threshold
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:43 pm »
Oh and he went from Pink to Yellow Too, just to please Billy. ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 05:23:44 pm »

Simon, i accept  your apologies  , obviously i have mis read it some how ,
and yes i would find the line in question  been removed  the correct thing to do .
Thanks

A happier  ;D   Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
Geoff,
Altered it for you.
Again aplogies if you misunderstood my point which was that it is difficult to justify having two businesses, one a sole trader and another a partnership merely for the purposes of avoiding vat when there are others, like you who carry out carpet cleaning / patio cleaning under a single business.
No insult was intended to you whatsoever, but again my sincerest apologies if you interpreted in that way.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »
Simon I saw your carpet cleaners manchester website i guessed it was about 40ish miles from wigan but why travel to manchester anyhow, you've cleaned in wigan for 30yrs how many people live with 4 miles of your front door? you must spend a fortune on fuel

we can keep go on going backward & forward picking fault with each others business model but we both work differently I'm happy with how I do thing and I'm sure you are with how you run your business.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul Moss

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 05:36:14 pm »
Ok everybody STOP it now  ::) :D :-*

Mark Slaney

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »

And everyone lived happily ever after  ;) ;D ;)

Glynn

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 06:48:42 pm »
Simon, how sorry are you ?.
Regards
Glynn

dan paton

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »
lmao this is better than the telly at times ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Glyn
Gtf ubfec. ;D
Which loosely translates into really really sorry.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:21 pm »
As I understand it, the only way to legally avoid vat is to set up 2 separate legal entities offering different services.

For example, I still supply and install carpets and flooring, so I can stay self-employed as a carpet cleaner and also be a Director of a limited company offering supply and fit packages.

This way both firms can trade under the vat threshold, or one can be vat registered and one not.

I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I don't think the same rules apply to sole trader and partnership set-ups.

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »
Paul i think its a bit off dragging poor old little billy small blower into this he wont be on tonight as monday is ironing day

Paul Moss

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
Richard, I did post at 5.15 and Tanya usually gives him his hour break between 5 & 6pm, poor lad must have been too tired. Unless Jim has taken his spandex over to be ironed  :o

Billy Russell

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »
I think your all being very childish, i'm not going to rise to the bait tonight!!!!

and plus i've still got a basket and a half to do, Bl**dy Hell Jim, you could of at least washed your spandex first!!!!!

Paul/Richard, do you still require the Starch on your whitey tighties?

;D ;D ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 08:50:01 pm »
Talk about off topic!! We've gone from The vat threshold to Jims spandex and Paul/Richards gayness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D

david washbrook

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:56 pm »
When I brought out another carpet cleaning company back in February my accountant advised me to put it in a partnership with my partner to avoid vat

He said because I was buy an established business with its own van and equipment which had been running for 23 years then setting it up as a partnership was except able

Hope he is right or does anyone know differently

John Kelly

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »
Dave, read what Steves put. One must be a limited company which is a standalone company and you are only an employee as a director. Having two partnerships or sole traders then you are liable for combined turnover.

By the way VAT isn't calculated on previous 12 months, far from it. If it appears at any time in the financial year that you are likely to exceed the threshold in that year you must register imediately.

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »
What you've said Steve is correct

As I understand it, the only way to legally avoid vat is to set up 2 separate legal entities offering different services.

For example, I still supply and install carpets and flooring, so I can stay self-employed as a carpet cleaner and also be a Director of a limited company offering supply and fit packages.

This way both firms can trade under the vat threshold, or one can be vat registered and one not.

I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I don't think the same rules apply to sole trader and partnership set-ups.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 10:32:56 pm »
Threshold here in Ireland is 37.500.its 13 1/2 vat

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »
The vat threshold is calculated on a running quarter it's tough to explain to mr.google should help, have you ever thought of the Flat rate scheme which is a half way house?

Shaun