the red carpet

Re: Yellow Pages
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2006, 06:56:08 pm »
if you cant beat them join them.

you know it happens you should have gone in as.........................................a....a.a.a.a.a.a.a..aqualink

From   
..The Red Carpet

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2006, 09:02:16 am »
Yellow pages are stopping all the dot dot aaaaa 11111 nonsense from April this year. Anyone using these tactics will automatically be placed at the rear of the catagory.
FINALLY this section of the yellow pages wont look like something that you'd expect to see in a childrens playschool! :D
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Scott Martin

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2006, 09:52:12 pm »
It was supposed to be stopped 2 years ago here in Glasgow.

Told the same on Sh it every time
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

mark_lane

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2006, 11:54:26 pm »
Hi guys
This will be my first time using Y/P and iam not impresseed with them atall,i find iam always having to chase them up to find out  about how progress is going with my advert before publication ,if there is a problem they do not let you know,leaving it for you to have to  find out by chance.I Will definatley be looking to go with Thomson next time as they seem to be getting their act together.
                        cheers mark

craigp

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 01:21:19 pm »
dont go with tompson rubbish response, even when i was biggest ad in there, never even made money back, and they say they are doing you a deal but there prices are fixed, one sales men even tried gave me a price inc. VAT they when squeezed gave me price before VAT as a perceved deal.  im not that stupid, well...

carpetclean

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2006, 04:41:45 pm »
i agree with last comment thompsons are the pits with poor reps who once they have your money dont give a damn i will never deal with them again. also i seem to get the bottom end of the market from thompsons unlike yp
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Neil Grainger

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2006, 06:30:48 pm »
A friend of mine's father is a director of Yellow pages and I got him to ask the question about this .... 1st call rubish. Its a salemans ploy to get the customer to go in by saying it is going to be stopped.

It is not going to happen because some of their big customers do it so they are at the front of their section and they demand to be a the front. The only other way to do it is by doing what Thomson do and the company that pay the most gets to the front all the time in every directory.

Its a sale's ploy dont beleive them. Try to get that in writing from the sales rep, i bet he wont do it.