Linds Russell

Re: Bonnet Carpet Cleaning.
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:45 am »
Phil, you should take the advice from above.

I put my prices up twice in the same year and got way busier. People DO pay good prices for quality work and if it is sold with masses of confidence, that makes a huge difference.

Linds
Linds

garry22

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:36 am »
Phil,

With Dry Fusion, you can offer three different prices without affecting your license or machine warranty. It will be the same amount of work regardless.

Price 1; Using Pure Fusion (half the cost of the other DF chemicals).

2/ Activator (Pre spray with either Activator or Restore).

3/ Full Bactoshield treatment.  Dry Fusion do a multi page information PDF for this which shows Lab. tests for Bactoshield's performance against "nasties" in the carpet. You should use this in your sales literature.

I would suggest that no. 3 is at least twice the price of no.1 (and that 1 is a price you are happy with).

jim mca

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2011, 10:03:26 am »
Garry

Know you ve got me wanting to buy one  ;D

Jim

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 04:35:48 pm »
Cheers for all your feedback it helps alot i just need to put it into practice now.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 12:38:01 am »
hi phil just wondering with your system how long exactly does it take to dry thats on its own not with air moovers and how do you clean stairs . im thinking of going into this many thanks  del

bennymon

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »
??

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2011, 11:53:22 am »
Hi a room takes around 30mins or less to dry that's blasting 85 degree heat out also on stairs i can't use the machine so i hoover the stairs prespray with activator then hand mitt with a mix of activator at 4/1 then extract with a rug doctor using the hand tool.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2011, 12:08:46 pm »
cheers phil

apm

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »
My company uses dry extraction for most of our work, but we also have bonnet equipment which we use for low profile carpets such as in schools and offices, and Hot water extraction for extreme conditions.
As regards pricing, it is a non starter to be the cheapest, as people expect a cheap job. My company always bases prices on the service we give, which allows us to charge £70-80 for a lounge/diner and £50-60 for a standard lounge, for example. Never be a busy fool, but concentrate on selling the best service to customers.
It is important to build an image for a company and this can be done quite cheaply,  requiring the application of common sense and some effort .
After 15 years in the carpet cleaning industry, apart for a few weeks when I started the business, my company has never been short of work.
I am quite happy to pass on the benifit of my experience to anyone who wants to develop a sound carpet cleaning business.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2011, 03:17:06 pm »
Thankyou for the advice times are hard iv'e only had 1 job in 3weeks and cause all my money earn't goe's on paying back what i owe in startup, I don't have any money to advertise which is why i don't get work i do post cards and stuff but that's it.

it's my blindness going into it i thought get setup work will flood in but theres alot more to it and need alot more money to advertise proper.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

craig melvin

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »
Im sure you will find a way in the end! Its a great topic!

My wife does the carpet cleaning and put "from £25.00" on the advert in the local mag) afterall it could be a dining chair. There was a few calls but when they realised its not £25.00 and is say £75.00 for example for a living room , there were not interested. Just the cheapskates were calling !

Got rid of the from £25 now and dont seem to get the timewasters calling. So people calling now arnt looking for a rediculously cheap prices.

good luck with your future !

Craig