Simon Gerrard

Re: Groupon
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2011, 07:59:28 pm »
We've had a number of calls from people trying to book us on the groupon deal, trouble is, we ain't on it and anyone who even contemplates it is in my view completely and utterly bonkers.
You cannot go out and clean two carpets and a hall for £17 and make money. I notice it has been said that it is business building as the customers gained help build your customer base, yeah right. People who go for this kind of deal are the ultimate in price shoppers who will simply purchase another groupon deal and will tell their friends and family and next time around won't pay the full £110 price. You can never get away from a low price.
But the most corrosive effect of this is someone else is dictating the price you charge and are therefore dictating how much profit you make, which in turn dictates your standard of living. And you tell people you work for yourself! ;D

It's a scheme for mugs, in my view.

Simon

Steven Galley

« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2011, 08:23:49 pm »
There's plenty of mugs out there, just like the lot that fall for the 2 rooms for 8.99

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »
Hi Jason

Was good meeting you today!

Many thanks again for the airmover and meeting up with me, was very kind of you!
Tired it out on a job early this evening and seems to be a powerful wee bugger!

Hope you and your son had a safe trip back down south. Epic journey!! lol

Thanks again
Tony

garyj

« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2011, 10:34:04 pm »
I should think he's asleep, we met him in Winchester last night. Dread to think how how many miles he's driven the last 36 hours, must be near on a 1000  :o.

jasonl

« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2011, 07:03:00 am »
Yeah was good to meet up Gary and Tony ,, 1250 miles  in 36 hours  was a bit of a trip , half of it in a very overloaded van .  Not one traffic jam though ! 

Sheffield- Taunton -Bournemouth- Sheffield-Glasgow-Sheffield  . Wont drive that again anytime soon .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2011, 08:56:29 am »
Has anyone actually used groupon yet? I'm fascinated to see if anyone thinks it is a viable thing to do.
Simon

jasonl

« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2011, 10:26:48 am »
Yes  they have and yes they do . 

Details will not be posted on here by them though ,  for fear of the "me too" crowd  , and the  irritation of the   "cant be true , lets pull it to pieces crowd"
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wynne jones

« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
This will be a good thread to come back to in a few months. If it's all gone quiet we will know the answer, if it's been a success I'm sure we will hear about it, especially you Simon. Remember, you have been wrong before.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

cozy

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2011, 10:50:52 am »
Yes  they have and yes they do .  

Details will not be posted on here by them though ,  for fear of the "me too" crowd  , and the  irritation of the   "cant be true , lets pull it to pieces crowd"

What a load of rubbish!! You do spout some garbage Jason. You're saying it's worked for someone on here and they wont post and say so because someone might come on and say "Me too".? You need to read what you scribble before you hit the "Post" button. I've only seen people grasping at straws like this on the chat section.

Put your money where your mouth is and go and set up your Groupon scam deal and stop telling everyone about all these "respected posters" who've done it already.

If you want to stop the "lets pull it to pieces crowd" then go and do what you are spouting and posturing about.

We had people like that in the Army, "I'm gonna do this" " I'm gonna do that and kill a whole bunch of dead pigeons" Then when the brown stuff hits the fan, you can't find these chunks! But they talk a good fight. Are you one of those Jason? Or are you going to stop telling us how fantastic it will be and go and prove it?

Wynne I will come back to this thread, even if Jason makes his million with his magic beans he got on the way to the fair.  ??? Best "Jack And The Beanstalk" story for years.

By the way, how can anyone "Pull it to pieces" if it works?

jasonl

« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2011, 11:20:30 am »
Cozy , I have been there done it with million£ turnovers ,

I have nothing to prove especially  to your good self.  If you fancy a trip to Sheffield there are a couple of us carpet cleaners here who will drive you round our  property and business portfolios , in vehicles you can only dream about.  Thats not daft squaddie talk it has happened and is happening . I am just a hard working carpet cleaner building a business long term , not concerned about a few quid on Groupon , which is a tiny part of my plans.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Doug Holloway

« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2011, 11:50:20 am »
Hi Guys

This has now been locked as it degenerating, lets see what happens in the next few months and then we can all decide.

Please do not start another topic to carry on squabbles, it will be removed.

Thanks

Doug