stuart_clark

Re: Airflex Turbo
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 05:53:53 pm »
John
it was me that said i did 4-5 jobs a day , but a few years ago just before my partner passed away we could do between 6-8 jobs a day between us but hey that was before the credit crunch, i realy dont think we will see days like that again or not for the forseeable future anyway

Matt Flewitt

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:48 am »
Reply from Matt at Cleansmart to Stuart Clark’s recent posts:

I took a decision not to post on carpet cleaning forums some years ago. However, in light of the recent posts made by Stuart Clark on this and another internet forum, I feel I should respond.

Stuart is saying that 3 people have contacted him who have had problems with their Airflex machines, and that we have blamed user error in each case. During my telephone conversation with Stuart on Wednesday, Stuart named these three people so I would like to address each of these situations:

Mark d**es
This is markd34 who has posted above. Mark d**es purchased one of our very first machines back in May 2009. Mark did have 3 vac motors fail in a short space of time. We refunded Mark and I had hoped we had drawn a line under the situation, which was almost two years ago.

We did suspect user error, as we were not having similar problems with the other 20 or so machines being used at the time. If the problems Mark had were not due to user error, I guess we just have to put it down to teething problems on a new machine design, as it was then back in 2009.

Mike Roper
Mike has blown several vacuum motors since he purchased his machine in June last year. As I discussed with Mike, this means that either: A) There is a problem with the machine, or B) There is a problem with the way the machine is being used. I suggested that we have Mike’s machine collected and checked over to get to the bottom of it. On inspection, we did find a problem with Mike's machine which has now been rectified under warranty.

Tony Nigro (Carpet Dawg)
From my conversation with Stuart on Wednesday, Stuart has taken Tony’s comment on this thread as the third person who has experienced problems. However, the components Tony has used after 900 hours are perfectly normal on any extraction machine, and my understanding is that Tony is very happy with his machine.

We fit the very best Lamb Ametek vacuum motors in all our machines. According to the manufacturer, Lamb Ametek vacuum motors are designed to last around 500 hours, and up to around 800 hours if the carbon brushes are changed before they wear out. These figures come directly from the manufacturer and assume that the machine is looked after/stored properly/doesn’t have foam put through it etc.

Pumptec pump heads need to be changed or serviced every 500 hours.

Again, these figures come directly from the manufacturers – this is how long the components are designed to last! If you manage to get thousands of hours use from your vacuum motors and Pumptec pump then you are either very lucky, or maybe doing less machine hours than you imagine you are.

I must also respond to Stuart’s personal comments against me on the other forum. To say that I was "on the phone screaming and shouting down my phone threatening me to stop writing these posts" is at best a complete exaggeration. I don’t know Stuart and have never had any dealings with him before, so why he seems so intent on damaging the reputation of this company and our machine I do not know.

In comparison to the many other machines we are familiar with, the reliability of Airflex machines stands up perfectly well. However, with over 200 of these machines now in use, it is inevitable we are going to encounter problems/problem machines from time to time. Where there is a problem we do try to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you look back at the previous posts about this company and machine, you will see that we are regarded as a good company to deal with.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who has posted positively about the Airflex range over the past couple of years. Although I don’t post on forums normally, I do look in occasionally and your kind words are very much valued and appreciated. We do work hard to look after our customers and it is very rewarding to read so many positive comments about our machines and service.

The Airflex machine has been a labour of love for me. We have dedicated the last 5 years developing a world class range of British extractors that I am very proud of.

Best regards,
Matt
Cleansmart

jasonl

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »
A good post ,  but unnecessary , I think most people on here can tell an angry beaver with an axe to grind ,and ignore as necessary.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

james roffey

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 03:17:51 pm »
I think it is necessary for Mat to respond, its his livelehood that is threatened.
If it were me and my business i would respond likewise, as they say bad news travels fast. even if it is erroneous as i have said many times before i find the Airflex to be a great machine and the service second to none, when i consider that i did not even buy my machine from Mat, but purchased it off ebay, Mat has been good enough to continue the warranty, send me new upgraded parts to improve performance free of any charge plus advice whenever i have needed it.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »

Again, these figures come directly from the manufacturers – this is how long the components are designed to last! If you manage to get thousands of hours use from your vacuum motors and Pumptec pump then you are either very lucky, or maybe doing less machine hours than you imagine you are.

Amen to that  brother!

And yes i am very happy with my purchase a year and half on. I would have no doubts in buying another Airflex in the future and the customer service at CleanSmart is great! I really cant imagine Matt losing his cool on the telephone IMO.

Tony

james roffey

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »
On a lighter note, dont forget "Sarah" at Cleansmart  very professional but likes a laugh and what a voice, whatever you do Mat dont ever let her go :P

Nigel_W

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:24 pm »
Personally I think Matt deserves a lot of respect. In a very short space of time he has developed a quality cleaning supply company and designed and developed a fantastic range of portable extractors. Designed and built in Britain - not often you hear that in this industry. He has done all of this with the minimum fuss and he has always been a very straightforward and honest guy to deal with.

Sadly their will always be mischief makers on bulletin boards. I do hope that most people can see through the bull**** and the manipulation of facts because it is unfair and plain wrong that Matts efforts are unnecessarily undermined in this way.

Nigel
www.designcare.co.uk

graham k j

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:47 pm »
I agree have had mine for over a year, great machine
and customer service is second to none.

Gary Humphreys

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »
To anyone thinking about purchasing an AIRFLEX from Cleansmart.

I have had my machine for almost 2 years and have had fantastic performance from the machine and excellent service from the company.

I have had 2 vacs replaced after flooding the motors with foam for an extended period - all my own fault. The company acted extremely quickly in repairing the machine which meant that I had very little downtime.

I have dealt with this company for many years and found them to honest, relable and have acted with great integrity in all my dealings with them. To be influenced by some of the comments I have read would be a mistake.

Richard Cole

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »
I have had the Airflex Pro since June 2010 and have been very happy with it, never let me down.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Nick Allen

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 10:38:54 pm »
This is my first posting on CIU (other than selling a machine) but I must say that the service I received from Matt at Cleantalk was second to none when I purchased my new Airflex.
It aint difficult to see who the troublemaker here is
Nick

Steve Gunn

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:14 am »
I think all suppliers have problems with equipment/chemicals from time to time its how they deal with it when it happens Matt has remained the ultimate professional