clinton

Re: Airflex Turbo
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 03:41:32 pm »
Same as the post above and i try n run mine for a few mins after the last job i do too .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:38 pm »
Perhaps it's not the machine but may be the quality of the vacuum motor? we hear about good ones and bad ones I would be it would be more on those lines.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 06:11:54 pm »
If you read the bumph that the supplier of the airflex put out  the vacs are high performance Lamb Amtech

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »
So much chinese stuff around I'd get a TM ;D

Shaun

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:21 pm »
I tried a few Italian vac motors but was not impressed. I will only use Lamb motors in future.

clinton

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 07:32:59 pm »
never really hd too much trouble wwith the lamb motors..

james roffey

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 01:18:11 pm »
I have had my triple vac Airflex for about 10 months now, compared to my old Ninja it is very well designed for ease of access to pump and vac motors, i looked inside the Ninja just once and thought better of it ! the Airflex is brilliant for access.
I had one vacuum motor go which was my fault for letting water get into the vacs, i am pretty sure it is on a par with the Scorpian for performance but out of the two i think the Airflex looks better, i would not hesitate to buy another, in fact i am looking at buying another so i have a spare for emergences although even when the vac motor went i still had enough power to finish the job.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:48 pm »
Jim
Cheaper just to buy a spare motor, then a spare machine, especially if access and chage over can be so quick.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »
Yeah, I have two spare vac motors and a pump head. the vacs where £125 each  and £150 or somthing like that for the pump head. Alot cheaper and takes up less space than buying a 2nd machine.

markd34

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 09:26:48 pm »
Hi jim I started about the same time as you but I started with a airflex I went through 3 vacs In 3 months I nearly bought a second airflex as a backup thinking this was the norm but instead I purchased a scorpion I used it exactly the same as the airflex and not a problem. However the suplier took it upon himself to blame it on operator error and advise me not to put it on the forums in such a nice way

markd34

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:37 pm »
To make it clear it wasn't the scorpion supplier he was very helpful and he still it two years on so much so he helped me get my first truckmount.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »
^^ 3 Vacs in 3 months??? what the hell where you doing with it? lol

Anyways, back to normality.....

So a couple of questions to the scorpion users.
1. does the Scorpion come with an hours counters? so that you know exactly how many hours you've done? and
2. what type of vac motors and pumphead and motor are in the Scorpion? Because by the sounds of it i'm going to be swapping over all the compontents on my Airflex.

markd34

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 01:25:50 am »
Just cleaning carpets what do you think I was doing with it.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »
Carpet Dawg, no the Scorpion does not have an hour counter, maybe a counter could be fitted but I am not very mechanically minded so couldnt say. I have an Extracta XL with an hour counter but it counts from the moment it is plugged into the mains so it is irrelevant as it will not give any accurate indication of the number of hours which the vac motors are running. If I remember correctly the hour counter on the Alltec machine worked somewhat similar.
Vac motors are Lamb Ametec. I cannot tell you what make the pump is beause after almost three and a half years of everyday use I have had no pump problems anyway.

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 09:16:48 am »
As Fintan says, Scorpion vac motors are Lamb as standard - been no "funny" makes fitted as standard.

After about 5.5 years of use I replaced the original Pumptec 112v 300psi pump with a new 500psi Pumptec just last August.

No hour meter on Scorpion but I reckon a good carpet cleaner who really knows his business would guestimate pretty accurately how many hours use the machines vacs/pump has had used in a year.
If you were to ask me - I wouldnt have a clue.  ;D

stuart_clark

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »
I average 4-5 jobs a day 5 days a week 46 weeks a year thats roughly 1200 hours a year and I have just replaced all three vacs in my Scorpian on the Christmas break! they had all been proffesionally re brushed twice but they have lasted over three years I thought it was uneconomical; to re brush once again so i have replaced them with the 1400w heavy duty type
Hopefully they will last just as long! I will keep you posted

regards Stu Clark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »
Hi Guys

I had all sorts of vac problems with Extracta Exel and tried all the remedies, running for 5 mins at end of job, leaving lid open, storing indoors at night but nothing made any difference.

My vac bill was as high as my chemical one!

Swithced to Alltec advantage and have so far got 1900 hours out of original vacs.

I believe it is the way the vacs are set up which makes the difference.

I have been TM'd for the past 2.5 years so don't use a porty much now.

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 12:19:20 pm »
the problem with keeping vacs on stock in case of a breakdown is they might run of of guarantee before the actually get fitted into your machine, considering the tend to only give 3 months warranty on them.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »
I get 3 months warranty with the vacs and the
shop that supplies and fits them gives an extra
3 months.
I wouldn't have a clue how many hours they've
done.
Certainly not 4-5 jobs a day 5 days a week 46
weeks a year as someone said earlier.
James, the Ninja's are dead easy for access for
working on.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clinton

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 04:25:30 pm »
some machines do have an hour counter on the machine.

Same as doug i use alltecs and always get some goo life out of the motors.

Watch tmor now they all go down ;D