coyote7

Yellow marks after cleaning!
« on: July 17, 2010, 09:06:55 am »
Hi Guys,

I cleaned my own carpets yesterday which are wool and have started to notice some yellow marks in certain areas. I have cleaned them previously and used ff rinse and this hasn't happened before but as I am out of ff I used cleansmarts rinse x. The areas that have gone a little yellow were areas that were stained slightly before we moved in and had the usual dreaded products that we all dislike so much splashed all over >:( I was wondering could this be possible as I have used a detergent free rinse ??? I have never had this happen before so am stumped.
All thoughts welcomed as usual :)

Rich.

slioch

Re: Yellow marks after cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:54:18 am »
The odd thing here is that you cleaned them before without problem - F&F is good. 

All I can think this time is:
1. What pH is the Cleansmart product?
2. Did you use a prespray and if so what?
3. Did you use a spotter that needed a good rinse out and you didn't quite manage it?
4. Has anyone else in the house used "product" without telling you - it happens in my house despite my advice of "leave it to me".

coyote7

Re: Yellow marks after cleaning!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:12 am »
Ph of rinse x is 2 (4.5 when diluted) no pre spotter was used and there is no other products in the house and also used wool x by cleansmart prespray which is 6.8 ph so am really puzzled by this, areas do look better as carpet has dried but still why has this happened ???