Ferenc G.

locked door
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »
Turned up to do a job this morning, after a brief conversatiom with custy I took my vacuum, chems and sparyer into the house and started preparing the rooms. She told me shes going to take the kids to an eye test while I`m there so I can get on without the kids causing any trouble. So she did and I started vacuuming, mixed some prespray, sprayed two rooms then I went downstairs to get the crb from the van. And the door was locked  :o
Oooops  ;D  I guess she just did her normal "morning rush off" and forgot about the carpet cleaner upstairs.

Luckily they`ve got another door they don`t use, with a huge pile of stuff in front of it and luckily it is an old door with a latch unlike the other upvc one. Took me 15 mins to clear the clutter but at least I didn`t have to wait until she came back 1.5hrs later. She was embarassed to say the least...  :)

Anyone had similar experience?

*Hector*

Re: locked door
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:00 pm »
Similar mate.. last week was doing a pre tenancy clean for the farm estate.. I left the keys in the outside of the door, so that if I went out, I would not look myself out....

The door was self locking, the only keys were in the outside, and I was stuck inside with no way of getting out.. No mobile as we don't get signals here...

I had to climb out of a window, to open the door..  ::)roll ::)roll
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

Ferenc G.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 04:38:13 pm »
Similar mate.. last week was doing a pre tenancy clean for the farm estate.. I left the keys in the outside of the door, so that if I went out, I would not look myself out....
I locked myself out once, left the keys on a windowsill, heard a big bang behind me whilst unloading the van. Cost me £90, lesson learned. If I have keys they are in my pocket all the time.

;D

derek west

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:41:34 pm »

The door was self locking, the only keys were in the outside, and I was stuck inside with no way of getting out.. No mobile as we don't get signals here...

ive heard you always leave via the window ever since you discovered you were born cesarean.  ;D

Richard Meads

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »
The customer left, with me inside vacuuming, I went out to the van there was a gust of wind and a slamming door.............
This was a mid terraced house but fortunately there was a car park at the back, I took my van round and climbed on it so I could get over the back fence and into the back garden and in through an unlocked back door, phew. I was just waiting then for the police to turn up  :)

Max Campbell

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »
We finished the job, posted the keys into the wall-mounted mailbox, then realised we'd left the clipboard with the rest of the day's jobs on it in the house. Tried fishing with wire, failed. Ran out the vac hose & sucked them up, they'd just hit the filter box when she arrived back - slightly embarrassing. ::)roll

*Hector*

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »
Hector,
Must have been a wide window  ;D

Git  :P
 ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

ive heard you always leave via the window ever since you discovered you were born cesarean.  ;D

and you aint far behind  :-* :-*
 ;D

derek west

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 05:49:38 pm »

and you aint far behind  :-* :-*
 ;D

i'm guessing you didn't get that one?  ;D

JandS

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 05:59:31 pm »
Pulled up on their drive....round to back doors, l/h backdoor
sticking shut, bottom latch sticking again so I'll fix it now.
Socket set out, into back of van and pull doors to as it's windy
and raining. Three bolts out then bang, wind blows both doors
shut.
Locked inside van for ten minutes before she came looking for
me and let me out...she was p*ssing herself.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.