Tristan R Clean

Gutter cleaning
« on: April 20, 2024, 12:22:20 pm »
Afternoon All.

Just wondering about gutter cleaning
You fellas that have invested in the kit as an add on to window cleaning
Was it worth it?
My dilemma as a sole trader is : I have a full round of window cleaning custom.
Does buying a gutter vacuum with the expense make sense?
Are earnings and profits worth it in comparison to window cleaning?

T

Jay Le Huray

Re: Gutter cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 12:27:56 pm »
for sure it is, I do between 3-4 each week as my customers know it's a service I offer

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 12:31:33 pm »
Thanks Jay

Do you clean higher than 30ft?
Obviously more expense ( better vac) involved with higher work?

T

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 01:22:36 pm »
Thanks Jay

Do you clean higher than 30ft?
Obviously more expense ( better vac) involved with higher work?

T
yes I do, I use the Gutter sucker which you can get with 7 poles which more than enough for town houses

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 01:48:53 pm »
The question is if you’re full and earning what you want then there is no need to add on this service.

Gutter vac work domestically makes 50% more p/h than windows - typically we do 15 houses a week hitting  30+ in Jan and feb

Commercial stuff earns us 5 times a typical window clean rate

I have known people to give up on gutters - usually not having the right kit or promoting the service very well

Do it right and it will pay for itself after a dozen jobs
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 02:56:58 pm »
My thinking was to work less time for the same money.
I work roughly 24 -26 hrs a week window cleaning.
With a balance of Window cleaning and Gutter Cleaning earn the same but less hours.

T

michael mckeary

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 03:55:21 pm »
With a balance of Window cleaning and Gutter Cleaning earn the same but less hours.

T
I have all the stuff for Gutter clearing but you need to have time to do it. That's the problem with a full round, not much time for add-ons.

ricstat05

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 06:12:32 pm »

T
I have all the stuff for Gutter clearing but you need to have time to do it. That's the problem with a full round, not much time for add-ons.

100 people us not a full round so plenty I'd time

dd

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2024, 07:18:37 pm »
Maybe but the OP stated he has a full round.

GAZZA B

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2024, 08:50:33 am »
I think this Is a good discussion, If you have a full window cleaning round why bother.
one thing you need to seriously  consider, Its not just the gutter clean, the big problem I have is the setup time, and then to make sure everything Is clean and tidy for the next job. This can take a lot of time out of your day and can be very messy indeed !!

simon w

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 08:57:26 am »
I think this Is a good discussion, If you have a full window cleaning round why bother.
one thing you need to seriously  consider, Its not just the gutter clean, the big problem I have is the setup time, and then to make sure everything Is clean and tidy for the next job. This can take a lot of time out of your day and can be very messy indeed !!

All of this is considered and factored into the quote

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 10:42:36 am »

also the size van you have - 2 of my vans are large enough for 2 men and also fit in the gutter vac and generator everything is laid out so set up really is a matter of minutes - a genny also stoops the faff of waiting for a customer to supply electric and or wait for them to be in
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk