darryn

vauxhall combo van
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:46:15 pm »
hi anyone got problem with water coming in to drivers foot well on a vauxhall combo van,every time we get heavy rain get a small amount of water comes in were clutch pedal is ?heard it is a fault  on these vans

Clever Forum Name

Re: vauxhall combo van
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:49:21 pm »
Common on the corsa c's, they leak from the brake servo panel. under the bonnet, look at the black panel, should have sealer round it, but it will prob have cracked.

Or trapped leaves >:(

darryn

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:57:04 pm »
i am going to ask mechanic to have a look at it, been told to get a hose pipe on front of car which i have done for good half hour no signs of water coming in, but yet today heavy rain and small amount of water yet again

philip.parkin@talk21.com

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 04:49:28 pm »
I had this on my combo. The seal goes around the break servo and fire wall. I got a tin of roof repair paint from wickes for £8 and caked it on around the seam of the two panels. Never had a leak again after that.

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 05:00:28 pm »
Ive had a combo for about 2 years

common faults are

clutch pedal falls apart .... mine last year

oil pump pulley screeches then seizes and leads to engine failure ... mine last year but heard it starting to go so engine was fine

the water leak from bulkhead ... previous owner sorted this by removing carpets / soundproofing and removing rubber floor bungs .... works for me

rear drum brakes partially lock on ... mine yesterday  ::)roll ... in mates garage this afternoon getting sorted along with MOT .. oil & filter, steering rack gator, cv boot, 2 front tyres, front lower suspension arm rear bushes,

only knew the rear brakes had a problem when had brake failure - pedal went to floor and took a while longer to stop than planned :o :o :o as the brakes had over heated and boiled the brake fluid ... a little bit smokey

apart from the common faults ideal 1 man window van or 2 man at a push

sounds like a scrap heap but 2004 with 120k on clock so like all old vans they need some tlc ..... want to get something newer before this autumn as time for a change so on canvassing drive from this month to pay for it  :)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 05:42:56 pm »
Yeah,  canvassing my work, you thieving git!!!!

the king

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »
try the windscreen drainege as they can block an cause water to get in the foot wells

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:24 pm »
one thing I learnt as a mechanic, many years ago. Vauxhalls are either junk or last ages. Most are junk. Got loads of money changing water pumps on them. The parts are too cheap and build quality is lmao. Oddly I am tempted with an Omega, sorry insignia estate. Megga MPG

darryn

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:42 pm »
after peoples comments putting it down to brake servo seal,been on a car forum some mechanic says even though you carnt see that seal is broke thats what it will be for sure whats best stuff to seal it ,one lads comment says roof seal

ray mck

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:56 pm »
Had it done on mine new plate £20 . Nice and dry now

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 10:57:12 pm »
Yeah,  canvassing my work, you thieving git!!!!

all very well canvassing its just being able to do them with this weather at the moment  :(

the king

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
the combs r very good vans they have therte falts but all an all them 1.7dti isuzu engines r good on fuel an very relible i think they have the perfect balance between relibity an economy if they made the fuel pump edu more rowbust and lose some of the sencers it would b perfect