Tre Allen

VIDEO: Mickey The Hack Carpet Care EPiSODE 101
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:24:21 am »
 Grin   Here is the video everyone has been waiting for.....that follows up from our recent Rug Doctor vs Truckmount Challenge.

I hope you enjoy our new movie! Check it out below!

HD Quality:

h ttp://www.truckmountforums.com/general-carpet-cleaning-discussion/1566-video-mi...

Standard:

h ttp://www.motionbox.com/videos/a79dd8b2181fe52e

STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT VIDEO!! Wink

Jim_77

Re: VIDEO: Mickey The Hack Carpet Care EPiSODE 101
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:42:14 pm »
Very funny :D

I loved the hair sniffing, might try that on my next job ;D

Tre Allen

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:39:56 pm »
I meant for this to be a over the TOP exaggeration of what some technicians have done in the past. What is disturbing is that some of these things actually take place in the Industry, that IS disturbing! And the lesson that can be learned from it is that we as professionals want to separate ourselves as far as possible from these hacks. ;-)

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46:39 pm »
Very funny :D

I loved the hair sniffing, might try that on my next job ;D

With my clients it's normally wet dog hair. :(

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 05:21:37 pm »
Hi

May be just me but gives the impression we are a bunch of stealing lowlife, who get what we can when we are left alone in other peoples houses.

Sorry, about as funny as a dose of Malaria!

Martin 8)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:37:58 pm »
i agree with Martin, Boring & not funny.

what's the point of these videos?  I think you should put your obvious talent in film making to better use.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Tre Allen

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 05:46:01 pm »
Martin do you advertise $7.95 per room? - This video is a JOKE about those $7.95 room special Carpet Cleaners, how they clean carpets and leave them wet for days and what they do in customer homes..... This video was not meant for training or professional purposes......

Losin' in up guys!

Everyone's humor is different......

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 08:08:10 pm »
Hi Tre

No mate, I understood that it's not used for training, but it is available on the web, where anyone can see it, and if I wasn't a carpet cleaner, I may think that's what Cc get up too.

Like the WC perv post that was up recently, no 99.99% of Wc's don't do that sort of thing but can get tarred with the same brush.

Regards

Martin 8)

carlton care

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
Takes a lot to get Martin's back up, but he's right in what he says.  It's never funny to insult in the name of humour.

99% of carpet cleaners start in the business with portables and 90% continue to use portables, or other systems than t/m's usually from choice.

It's been said often, that a dedicated individual will get excellent results from whatever method they choose to work with.

Most will take longer than the t/m but they don't care and neither do their clients, as long as their carpets are clean and dry in a reasonably short time and they have been charged what they regard as  reasonable value.

Tre Allen

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 10:13:18 pm »
This is from Mick Oz (Michael Ellis from Australia) :

I think the vid was slapstick and some fun.
I would imagine only the $7 per room guys would get upset.
Lighten up and have a laugh.

Mick

carlton care

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 10:42:28 pm »
Well you can believe what you like, but I think you'll find in life, it's the people who insult others who are the ones who feel threatened.

No one fears the "cheap guys" here and it's been shown to be a fact recently, that the "cheap guys" are often t/m users

There's no point in making up a propaganda video unless you have something to say ! In this case the message was an attempt to embarass, or ridicule the vast majority of carpet cleaners who don't use truckmount machines.

A fair number of the prolific posters on here are t/m users and almost all are decent, helpfull and hard working individuals, who would probably have found this amusing, but I'd expect a bit embarassing.

Tre Allen

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 02:03:32 am »
Its not against people with portables. Its against the bait and switch companies who give our image a bad name to the customers in our Industry.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 07:45:39 am »
Hi Guys

A few points.
I only watched it because I thought I better as a Mod in case in contained unsuitable parts.

It was far too long and not very funny and I must admit I didn't realise it was meant to be a dig at porty users .

During my sales training I was constantly taught to accentuate the positives and not dwell on negatives, afterall thieving is thieving and tars every CC.

So being positive Tre why not put your undoubted recording talents to producing a really positive video about CC, keep it short and not too many gags.

Cheers

Doug

Tre Allen

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 04:44:19 pm »
Post from Robert Allen on ICS:

We posted a thread at truckmontforums entitled "What's the worst thing you have seen or heard a carpet cleaning tech do."
We we're shocked at some of the replies. Some we're so lewd we did not imitate them even in this over the top video. And to pull off humor you sometimes have to go over the top.
We just took Howard Partridges idea and mental images of unscrupulous cleaners one step further. One thing we are not afraid of at TMF is taking on subjects that some would rather leave in the closet.

I am sure you all will love the next video we have prepared to release.

PS:We realized not everyone has the "Monty Python" sense of humour but most videos are boring out there. We like to "cut" it up every once in awhile and have a little fun. Life is too short to be taken seriously all the time. However watch for next video. I think you will be surprised!

CARPET KNIGHTS

Re: VIDEO: Mickey The Hack Carpet Care EPiSODE 101 New
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:44 pm »
Does anybody remember that film "sliding doors" this video would have been a great marketing video if filmed like that, seeing two scenarios.

Lady picks up the phone one morning and then her life splits one calls a reputible quality firm the other calls the cheapy

Try that Tre!

Cheers Goron