trevor perry

tile and grout cleaning
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:45 pm »
i have been looking at the rotovac 360 for tile and grout cleaning it states you can clean with as little as 100psi i am a bit sceptical about the claim does anyone have one and could they tell me what pressure they think is adequate.
p.s i am currently using a ninja 400psi would this be good enough.
 thanks
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

sherco

Re: tile and grout cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:03:12 pm »
I clean floor tiles stone and ceramic and i use Aquamix chemicals with a slow speed rotary scrubber and a wet vac. I also lay floor tiles as this is my main business.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08:40 pm »
I'd have thought you'd need good chemical, good aggitation, good heat and a decent amount of psi as for the suction the water won't absorb into tiles like it would do carpet so you could easily run a smaller vac machine.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:35 pm »
As Shaun says, you don't need a tremendous amount of vacuum lift for hard floors - but the more solution pressure and flow you use, the more airflow you'll need from your extraction unit to recover it effectively and stop it from flooding away from your extraction tool.

Jeremy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 02:33:17 am »
Under normal circumstances the spinner type tools use high pressure (1200psi) to do the cleaning. The rotovac 360 is not the same as a spinner tool. It uses aggitation to perform the cleaning task and not high pressure.

Jeremy

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:09:02 am »
The Salesman told me that they were no good for  cleaning the grout.

Hope i have not got him the sack ??? ???

Which would be a shame  because when I went home and said I wanted one wife said I cant due to Credit Crunch