Tre Allen

Baddest TruckMount Setup on the Planet!
« on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:01 am »
Before;

After;

__________________________________________________ ________

Tre Allen

Re: Baddest TruckMount Setup on the Planet!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:56:20 am »

Old Fitting vs NEW monster :)

AFTER:

robert meldrum

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:07 am »
Very impressive BUT..............will it ever make a profit as it must have cost around $100,000 and will the owner allow it to have contact with DIRTY carpets ?

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:28:11 am »
I've just drooled all over my lap top ;D ;D ;D

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:35:59 am »
Very impressive BUT..............will it ever make a profit as it must have cost around $100,000 and will the owner allow it to have contact with DIRTY carpets ?

Clearly the owner is confident, there is a set of golf clubs there too.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:17:39 am »
..............and will the owner allow it to have contact with DIRTY carpets ?

As long as the customer is paying, there is nothing wrong in cleaning "clean" carpets - keep them healthy even if they may look clean.

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:40:27 am »
Owners Rob Allen boss at TM Forums hes a multi truck operation.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:40:14 am »
A truck that big wouldn't get down most of the roads round here.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

richie

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 11:08:32 am »
Maybe a little OTT but still impressive. To do something like that in the UK you would surely need  7.5 tonne truck. The weight of all that 'H' plate surely weighs alot.

Richie.

Tre Allen

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »

This whole setup way under $100,000.

Tre Allen

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 02:08:04 pm »

haha, you betcha!

derek west

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »
all that kit and no CRB, tut tut.

Tre Allen

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »

We use a Cimex if we choose to encap.

derek west

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 04:48:10 pm »
i meant a pre spray scrubber.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 05:51:10 pm »
Dont think agitation is that important when you have a powerful truckmount like that one. El Diablo sounds powerful anyways lol

Looks good, I like the metal sheeting on the walls and the logo on the ceiling.

I dont think you'd get away with a set up like that in the UK. I mean the fact that your using a truck!! The cost of fual and mantinace etc etc will be high...

Different in the US as the roads are bigger/wider and fual is alot cheaper. Plus the fact that American carpet cleaners seem to make alot of bank! From trollin the american fourms, $1500 - $2000 DAYS! seem to be the norm.

Tony

derek west

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 06:00:37 pm »
Dont think agitation is that important when you have a powerful truckmount like that one. El Diablo sounds powerful anyways lol

Looks good, I like the metal sheeting on the walls and the logo on the ceiling.

I dont think you'd get away with a set up like that in the UK. I mean the fact that your using a truck!! The cost of fual and mantinace etc etc will be high...

Different in the US as the roads are bigger/wider and fual is alot cheaper. Plus the fact that American carpet cleaners seem to make alot of bank! From trollin the american fourms, $1500 - $2000 DAYS! seem to be the norm.

Tony

you couldn't be more wrong tony

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 06:09:27 pm »
Made a mistake. Forgot to add a sebo or a brush would be more than adequate when you have a truckmount that powerful :P

Personaly, i think its like bringing a slegdehammer to work when a claw hammer will do :)

I get cracking results and have a huge list of happy coostmers and i dont carry heavy agination machinary.

each to thier own and all that  :)

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 06:20:10 pm »
Personally I don't see how you can say this is the baddest TM setup on the planet there are far better TMs out there! The only thing i see special about it is all the shiny stuff in the van and that sure as hell aint goin to help clean carpets!

Cheers Goron

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 06:40:15 pm »
I spy a Rotovac 360 in there too.

derek west

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:41:21 pm »
reminds me of a giant 70's disco ball. i'm off for a boogie, now where did i put my snake skin slip ons ;D

John Kelly

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:42 pm »
The guys in the states are into customising their rigs. Might not nescessarily be the most powerful as like Goron says their are more powerful ones out there. But hey I wouldn't mind taking that to work everyday.

Ricky M

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 06:50:44 pm »
 Very American indeed , Large , XXXL , bells whistles and shiny disco balls etc etc and practical for American use.

I like it ! 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Robert Watson

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 06:57:28 pm »
I want one of those wands.
Stainless Steel is so passé
The Kitchen Door Centre

Colin Day

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 06:59:48 pm »
I seriously wouldn't want to get it dirty.... Oh and all those tools.... My wife wouldn't see me ever again ;D

Boys 'n' toys as she would say!!!!

richie

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »
Goran, it may not be the most powerful truckmount in the world but that was not was said, the title of this topic is pointing towards the whole setup ben the most impressive.  No the 'shinny stuff' on the walls, floor & ceiling is not going to help him clean carpets HOWEVER it does say something to his customers.  I remember a few months ago that you posted pictures of the van you had kitted out and the fact you were proud of it.......why did you bother kitting it out the way you did and make it look nice when its not going to help you clean carpets!!!!  Your answer to this question will be something along the lines of "because i wanted it to look nice & create a good impression to my customers / potential customers".  The same goes for the guys truck in the pictures above.  Everybody has there own way of doing things.  Personally as i said before, i think its a little OTT but it certainly will create a positive impression on his customers.  I certainly wouldn't mind running that setup.

Richie.

richie

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »
The El Diablo  machine specs;
Powerful: Now with a Kohler 27 HP V-Twin engine to directly drive a Roots 45 blower with direct 2-1/2 inch plumbing from the stainless steel waste tank to the blower and out of the blower to the silencer system - providing maximum airflow and vacuum. (The first customers are asking if there is a way to turn the vacuum down).

El Diablo's High Performance allows the ability to have exceptional long vacuum hose runs on difficult commercial jobs—up to 700 feet, with performance that rivals the performance of units using 47 or 56 blowers—units which cost $25,000, plus!! High performance means outstanding water restoration capabilities, as well as dual wand operation.

High Quality means using the very best components that are industry proven: Kohler 27 HP V-Twin engine is the best engine in overall performance and torque; the Roots 45 blower is the industry leader in reliability and quietness; the Cat 3CP pump with a clutch is simply the best in the industry. The 75 gallon waste tank is stainless steel and guaranteed for 5 years. The waste tank features an aluminum waste basket for easy maintenance and an automatic pump out option. A 195,000 BTU diesel heater delivers consistent 225 degree cleaning temperatures, even when dual wanding.

El Diablo Carpet cleaning unit with 125 feet of high quality vacuum and high pressure solution hose; 2-jet S wand with 1,200 psi valve; 6 gallon diesel tanks with diesel heater (10 gallon belly mounted propane tank with propane heater).

El Diablo Diesel: 35"W X 46"H X 51"L
El Diablo Propane: 35"W X 42-1/2"H X 55"L
Weight: 700 lbs.

MAX Carpets

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:02 pm »
Why so many negatives? That set up is as nice as it gets! And I'm pretty sure you could cover a fair bit of carpet per day! Good on ya! Thats what I say.

richy27

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »
PIMP MY TM

garry22

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 07:39:36 pm »
It's the sort of thing that local TV stations like to feature.

Could be worth a lot in viral marketing.

Rob Allen

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 02:04:58 am »

Thank you. I have been in business for 25 yrs and pay cash for everything. This week we are doing a 20k upholstery cleaning job. This truck is profitable from day one. Not bragging just saying.

Rob Allen

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 02:06:36 am »

Work hard and play hard is my motto!   ;D

Rob Allen

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 02:07:48 am »
Maybe a little OTT but still impressive. To do something like that in the UK you would surely need  7.5 tonne truck. The weight of all that 'H' plate surely weighs alot.

Richie.

Thanks Richie. It's not as heavy as you think since I went with 1/16".  ;)

Rob Allen

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 02:10:33 am »

It has the Rotovac 360i with all 5 heads enabling pre-scrub,cleaning and post padding (bonnet) when needed or desired.

Rob Allen

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 02:13:49 am »
Personally I don't see how you can say this is the baddest TM setup on the planet there are far better TMs out there! The only thing i see special about it is all the shiny stuff in the van and that sure as hell aint goin to help clean carpets!

Cheers Goron

To each their own Goron. Why I will be using a diesel fired Masterblend El Diablo? Now as to why I didn't choose an Aerotech or Vortex or some other over sized unit?

No space for my diverse services
I'm not a fan of direct drives
Repairs are difficult
Parts are expensive
Gas guzzlers

And MOST of all I am DONE with over engineered Heat Exchanger units. I don't want my vacuum restricted to create heat,I don't want lots of solenoids and tons of propitiatory parts. All of this leads to costly repairs, frequent downtime and unhappy customers.

This is just a few reasons why I am headed in the direction of this build. Overall I feel when I am done I will save 30k and have more room,have many more features,be more efficient and look better.

1st I searched for a one owner box truck with low miles. I found 2002 Ford Box Truck w/26,000 miles. I prefer a used truck and new machines to save depreciation,insurance and tax's. It must be low miles and in mint condition as this one was. Like I mentioned earlier I also opted with the Masterblend El Diablo because after extensive tests at Industry Connections I found it to be a 15k machine that performed like a 25k machine. Loads of heat and suction in a small package that cannot be beat. With no heat exchangers,solenoids,sensors and over engineering I will have reduced operating costs coupled with little to no downtime. This machine cannot be beat for performance and price imho!

Rob Allen

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 02:18:06 am »
Goran, it may not be the most powerful truckmount in the world but that was not was said, the title of this topic is pointing towards the whole setup ben the most impressive.  No the 'shinny stuff' on the walls, floor & ceiling is not going to help him clean carpets HOWEVER it does say something to his customers.  I remember a few months ago that you posted pictures of the van you had kitted out and the fact you were proud of it.......why did you bother kitting it out the way you did and make it look nice when its not going to help you clean carpets!!!!  Your answer to this question will be something along the lines of "because i wanted it to look nice & create a good impression to my customers / potential customers".  The same goes for the guys truck in the pictures above.  Everybody has there own way of doing things.  Personally as i said before, i think its a little OTT but it certainly will create a positive impression on his customers.  I certainly wouldn't mind running that setup.

Richie.

Well said Richie! Stay tuned for our upcoming 2 videos. They will be HOT!  8)

Rob Allen

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 01:33:44 am »
   We are almost finished the complete video.  :)