colin bird

george blocked dates
« on: May 01, 2018, 05:16:13 pm »
hi thanks for reading,ive been using george software for many years,when ive been going on holiday i have a got a few days in front and then when returning from holiday and have caught up the behind days.
due to age and work load i am finding it difficult to now do the same as in previous years (for the young guys reading the same will happen to you in time if you have a good round )
ive seen on george you can block dates,i assume this is used when t going on holiday,and then advise customers next visit will be late due to hoilday is this correct ? if yes how do you block the dates ? (bank holidays not a problem as i can catch the odd day up)
i realise i could just leave things as they are when going away but when an overdue job changes colour on my screen its puts me under pressure,i know thats a bit anal,but thats how i am.
any help appreciated
thanks for reading

dazmond

Re: george blocked dates
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 06:26:46 pm »
i always  move my whole workload forward a week or two when its holiday time.sod trying to get in front before my holiday and rushing around when i get back. ::)roll ;D

i use cleaner planner and it takes 2 clicks to move everything forward......brilliant.... :)

not sure about george as ive not used it for a few years.i know it used to be fiddly when moving work about....
price higher/work harder!

Dane

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 06:40:19 pm »
i always  move my whole workload forward a week or two when its holiday time.sod trying to get in front before my holiday and rushing around when i get back. ::)roll ;D

i use cleaner planner and it takes 2 clicks to move everything forward......brilliant.... :)

not sure about george as ive not used it for a few years.i know it used to be fiddly when moving work about....

x2

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 08:11:48 pm »
I use george but i dont really worry about the dates too much

Mines constantly yellow lol, just start from the furthest behind and try to catch up lol