why do customers want a picasso
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:46:09 pm »
and then pay bottom dollar. i give a good quality service ,maybe not the best in the universe but certainly good enough for the local housing estates. 10 year old sxxx carpet and they want it to look like new. for a few measley quid. if you can do it tell me because you must be god. :D
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

ian richards

Re: why do customers want a picasso
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:29:33 am »

Sherlock

At last, good old plane English!!!!

Derek

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 07:05:19 am »
Many people with really dirty carpets will only be prepared to pay, in your own words, a few measly quid.

Charge a bit more and you will only get to clean clean carpets!

Think about it

Derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 07:14:38 am »
if you don't want to clean carpets that cost only £3yrd  then charge £3.50 a yrd to clean it ;) then they might as well replace it rather than have it cleaned, but the people who have £30yrd carpets will use you and these people can afford to pay top prices and usually they don't let the carpets get too dirty before calling you.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ian richards

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 08:55:09 am »

Hi

I can endorse with both of the above.

I pitch my self at the top end of the market, as soon as i go outside of, what i  call the more afluentilal areas, i dont usualy get the job!!

Ian   

Karl Wildey

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 10:32:35 am »
I remember when I used to clean worn out suites, always with the custard saying, 'we only won't it to last a couple of years longer than we will buy an new one'.
Put my prices up and have not seen a worn out suite since, lovely.

therapist

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 11:39:32 am »
Its all there Sherlock

Get out of the estates I know it's the easy option. You just put the ad in the local rag and the phone rings, but, the fact that you're active in this site suggests you want to build a business, rather than just break sweat each day.

The clues have been posted above...

good luck

r m

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 06:37:16 pm »
Was in a carpet shop today.  Saw very few £30 a yard carpets.  Spoke to the sales man who said very few people want £30 a yard carpets more like £10-20 a yard and his sales of carpet are on the up over wooden floors.

The shop was carpet right so that may have a bearing on his type of customer.

Mark

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 07:06:03 pm »
Mark I think you're right about the customers who use Carpet Right they are the middle of the road people who would change the carpet the next time they decorate ( say in 3 yrs) so would not spend £30yrd.

but thier's a lot of smaller independent shops who sell a lot of £30 yrd carpets to regular customers.

the price of the carpet is not the only one thing that stops them buying new, alot of people can't be bothered with the hassle of emptying the room,  or shopping for carpets so will pay quite a high price for conveniance

the only real way to get rid of the lower end of the market with the really dirty carpets is to be too expensive for them.

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 07:24:54 pm »
Can’t knock housing estates have seen some good quality carpets, have also seen in some poor quality in some affluent homes and some of theses are more of a pain! :o :o

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)