All For It!
Def Against It!
Unsure!
More For than Against!
More Against than For!

Martin Sambrook

Re: An idea! FEEDBACK FROM E'BODY!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
Me being a newbie still (almost 1 year now), i cant really comment on the logistic side of this, but it does sound like an interesting idea.

Martin

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 10:04:28 am »
Theory sounds great but the practice would be something else  :o
What qualifications would be needed to be on board in the first place?......NCCA, Prochem training. IICRC .......the list goes on.
Proof of insurances and liability.
Police / Security clearance for certain buildings.
CRB checks for households.
HSE awareness and practice.

ps. NOT trying to put a downer on the idea, because i think it will benefit everyone................but who would want the HEADACHE

bennymon

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 10:44:05 am »
it sounds like a great idea   :) but whats your problem with rainbow and chemdry?

davy

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 11:36:26 am »
I think its a good idea in theory but

1 Most blue chip companys would expect just one invoice for the month for work done within thier various branches they very rarley like lots of invoices to process,so that then means setting up an accounts dept.

2 Not all of us are Vat regeristered do you leave the guys that arn,t out as most these companys like you to be regeristered.

3 Not everyone is familiar with hard flooring cleaning
do you set up a course for this.

4 If the job is a large one how many operaters do you put on it and how would you share the work.

There are so many pros & cons like Chris has pointed out that need to be taken into account , I dont want to sound negative about this but it really would be a headache to set up & would the rewards be worth it.

I have had some experience with national account work for some very big companys with a Franchise I once had & as far as I can see they like to see uniformaty in the type of service they pay for can we give them that.

Davy

Scott Martin

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
Not got a problem with Rainbows or Chem dry front line guys, just the companies in general.

Bad experience shall we say, wont go into the politics of it but def nothing personal against the operators.

Cheers
The Ultimate In Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning!

Scott Martin

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2005, 12:09:43 pm »
Would not really have to be set up as a company, more of a network org.

WE ALL MARKET IT REGIONALLY FROM OUR BASE.

WE APPOINT A PRESIDENT OR THE LIKE AND A TREASURER AND THIS CHANGES ANNUALLY.

OPERATOR INVOICES AS NORMAL, UNDER OWN NAME OR ORG NAME (tbc) AND THEY DONATE 5% OF SALE TO ORG OR WE PUT IN PLACE THAT THE TRASURER INVOICES AND PAYS THE OPERATOR 95% UPON PAYMENT.

I will try and get to work on a business plan for it over the next few weeks, this will dertermine if it is doable.

As before suggestions, comments good or bad is wanted on this.

And you are all right, it will be a headache a massive headache but hopefully worth.

Cheers Guys

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2005, 12:34:06 pm »
I agree it may be a headache. But any venture is and nobody can be sure whether there are rewards at the end. having an entrepenneurial mindset Is why we are all here today. We overcome the fear of losing to try and gain a better life for ourselves.

A big problem would be the distribution of territory among members.
My theory

bennymon

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2005, 01:26:10 pm »
im with chemdry the overheads are really dragging me down at the moment im not making a living :(  your idea sounds great  :) count me in  :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2005, 01:46:12 pm »
When I was a Newsagent I was in a similiar organization.

But to set it up will require Capital.

How did NCCA get started?

ProClean,

Mike Roper

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2005, 03:56:58 pm »
Hi,
I was contacted by phone by Frontline Online who apparently have this same idea of building up a network of competent invited independent companies to build up national coverage to compete with franchises for insurance work. Applicants are vetted by the National Flood School. Ihave been sent an indepth questionnaire to fill in if I want to apply.Frontline Online is in Crewkerne Somerset, Any one else been approached???
Mike.
P.s Their approach to insurers had been recieved very favourably

Ian Rochester

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2005, 04:25:17 pm »
If the logistics could be sorted then it would be a good idea, the problem however is generally the contracts manager for the group, they only want to deal with one person, then that person needs to organise all the regions.  We already do a small amount of regional work for a couple of national retailers, which is co-ordinated through a cleaning business in London, works ok but payment terms are dire.

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2005, 07:26:37 pm »
Scott

Bit of a late starter my parents had me cleaning at the age of 11 any way, always interested in making money, and think it could work yes I’m up for it!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Scott Martin

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2005, 07:31:50 pm »
cheers len.

You ever been questioned about your age? HA HA

Best

Len Gribble

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2005, 08:34:03 pm »
Scott

Yes had to renew passport lass in post office had to get manage to counter sign back of new passport photograph they said I looked younger it was down to new glasses and no I did not go to specksavers, (that’s one mob to look at plus hard floor) did not comment on wife photo, then again no one ever dose now apart from me (in a full nelson now) ;D

Never slow in coming forwards all for it.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

shaun_pearson

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2005, 04:42:39 pm »
hi guys
            I have thought of this too, well a similar idea that i think would be easy to implement. We could market our services through this website. I believe this site is quite high up in search engines and with a little tweaking it could be much higher. We could market this website so that when a customer types into their search engine looking for a carpet cleaner this site is always near the top. There would be a button for say "looking for a carpet cleaner?" The customer would enter their postcode and it would display their nearest member. Could the forum admin tell us how many guests visit this site? At the enter to the forum page we could have the button that i have just described. Again its just an idea but if we put our heads together we could make something happen. There is also the possibility of us starting a new national carpet cleaners directory with only the members who are interested contributing, and of course benefiting. I think the cost of this would be low, well a lot lower than all the web based directories would charge you.

I am not trying to divert away from the original post, just adding to it.

what do you's think?        shaun

beau4021

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2005, 07:23:40 pm »
i say go for it !!
look you will always get the negatives
i sure would be interested and fro my part would build the web site including all links for free
already have some blue chips on my list !!
regs.
brian
www.advancecarpetcare.co.uk

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2005, 09:56:38 am »
Hi Scott & Lads

A Good idea ?? I take it that there would be areas, (ie County's - Kent,Surrey that sort of thing). And it does not have to be Truckmount verus the portables we would all be in it together or it would not work. And one area could have one guy to look over things and make sure that it runs on the straight and narrow.

Just an idea.

Regards Kevin.
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Graeme

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2005, 11:03:55 am »
Hi guys,

Generally this is a good idea, but!!!

the biggest problem will be money, what we all want.

Customers generally one one point of contact for the whole area of the their responsibility ie Scotland and they want a standard that is the same where ever the work is being carried out, so  if one team cleans with hwe and another cleans with pads you will have a problem,
training to what standard?
uniform we all can't be different?
invoices ?
There are to many cc wanting a bite of a very small cherry, would you complain if the guy in the next area is getting all the work all the time.

Who decides whop gets what work, areas, how may opps in one area.

We looked into this a couple of years ago and it allways came down to money and area.

Regards

Graeme

des

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2005, 07:01:38 pm »
Just to put my little bit in woodman gave me a job the other day that would have gone if not for the cleaning sites .Ive always said TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER ,last week i lost a job that i had priced to another carpet cleaner in my area .When i found out that he had the job i phoned him up and said we should get together and talk about prices as he got the job for 60 pounds and my price was 75 pounds .I said you have lost 15 pounds if we both had the same price we the carpet cleaners would make the money instead of fighting each other on price des ???
des at mister clean

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2005, 07:44:37 pm »
Des,
I like what you are saying about prices and recently had call from a member, local to me, about someone ringing round for prices. If one of us gets the big job then we will both knock it out and go 50/50.
Sadly it is not the norm and what sounds good on the forum may not sound so good to the CC who has had no work for days and needs to feed the family  :-\