kinder clean

Re: how would you clean a filthy wool cream carpet
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 02:22:07 am »
Hi Derek

I'm not aware of another machine that does the same job as the sebo duo, not without going down the road of a dry compound type cleaning machine, get a duo you won't regret it, best price when i bought mine was £180 + vat from cleansmart at Notts.

Paul

davep

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 08:58:32 am »
They are ok but i still sometimes get the carpet brush out.  You could get one of these  ;)

ht tp://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Categories/dry

derek west

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 11:25:01 am »
look good dave.
where can i see one being demo'd.
could do away with the sebo vac and introduce dry compound cleaning which may come in handy for belgium wiltons and also an option for top floor flats which i cant reach with the trucky.
does anyone on here use dry compound and how does it compare to bonnet buffing.
with that the rx20 aportable as back up, a dry master for smaller areas, i'll be broke and out of business in no time, lol. i just want everything.
need to take my time now with what i buy next. ive spent far to much and need to start making good money and invest slowly. but i'm deffo gonna consider that agitator vac dry compound thingy.
its only money afterall.
derek

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 11:34:12 am »
Derek,
You really need something to aggitate the pre spray, If i was you i would get a sebo duo as they a fairly low cost but only last about 12 months but by then you should have some money coming in.

Paul

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 12:24:53 pm »
Derek
In 21yrs of carpet cleaning i`v only ever used a carpet brush for aggitation.
You only need a good pre-spray, brush it in and rinse wth the TM. Some of the manufacturers recommend a light aggitation, on there pre-sprays.
You have one of the best machines to rinse, so make some money first and then get other machines to try to make it easier, then when you have tried them and they were ok but you found that it wasn`t really worth the money,it can then go in the back of the garage to start your collection of tools that everyone recommended to you, but you wont use ;D

Daryl

derek west

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 12:44:52 pm »
daryl
so far ive got a green glide (for girls) which is still in its wrapper and an inline pre sprayer which i refuse to use cos it costs petrol to run and i dont mind pumping up a pre sprayer to get the job done. so i hate to think what i'll have in the garage after 21 years.
some of the comments say i dont need to agitate as ive got a truckmount so thats all i need. you guys are right, on 99% of the jobs ive done ive not agitated apart from with the wand on a couple of stains and bingo, there gone, but this wool one was stubborn, and allthough you can't make every carpet brilliant, i'd still like the weaponry and brains to do the best possible job. you say the sebo will only last a year, but i wont use it on every job, just the ones like this one. i'd of loved to have seen one of you guys tackle this, just to get some real understanding of how the pro's go about it, so if any of you guys have got a wool cream stinker coming up, give us a shout, gold medalists only, i want to learn from the best. ok i'll push to a bronze guy. cheers guys for this lot. food for thought.
derek

Roy Edwards

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 01:29:53 pm »
Hi Derek

I'm not aware of another machine that does the same job as the sebo duo, not without going down the road of a dry compound type cleaning machine, get a duo you won't regret it, best price when i bought mine was £180 + vat from cleansmart at Notts.

Paul
Hi Derek
Bought  sebo dou from olympic cleaning    £165.38 + vat ,website is hard follow but had no problems with them.

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 03:47:37 pm »
Once you buy a Duo "you will use it on nearly ever job" as it makes the extracting far easier and takes less effort.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:37 pm »
Pete at Oakleaf can get hold of the more heavier duty machines at a better price and teh difference is more amazing after having both I know what I'd use.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 07:58:46 pm »
wrexham clean
chears for that i'll check them out.
paul.
seriously, i won't use the sebo to often, did a ten room house today with no extraction problems at all, and got a £50 tip, FIFTY FORKIN QUID. couldn't believe it, how often does that happen? ive had a lot of £5 and £10's, but £50. back of the net.
shaun
not heard from pete for a while. got his email somewhere, i'll get in touch with him, see what the crack is.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 08:03:46 pm »
info@oakleafcc.co.uk

Derek how are you getting most of your new work?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 08:45:36 pm »
thats a tough one shaun
heres how i got my work for the last week starting with tomorrow andworking backwards
tomorrow ive got a bedroom from a downstairs i did 2 months ago.
today was a leaflet from 2 months ago.
sunday, day off, woooohoooooooooo. but i'd prefer to be working.
saturday was a leaflet thats in an estate agents, EOT
friday a school (day 3, don't ask) from my van
thursday,  a return from a job i did  2 weeks ago, more rooms.
wednesday, friend of a friend
tuesday leaflet or free add, cant remember
monday friend from a job i did friday last.

i sort of get dribs and drabs from all my advertising, apart from yellow pages, (biiiiig mistake that one.) then get some good referals. could do with sitting down and talking to someone successful ( hint hint) and chatting about working on some new and better advertising, really need more work. websites not doing too good, but its not optimised yet, and ad words is letting me downbut that may have something to do with my website, its good, but a bit bland.
any advice?
derek

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »
Derek
I`v left a message on your web site
Daryl

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 09:20:37 pm »
Shaun

Sent you a couple of link requests - one for each site, don't know if you got them yet ?

Steve

derek west

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 10:31:37 pm »
clinton
10 rooms. EOT she paid £1600 pcm, no furniture
carpets were clean but she wanted a freshen up, did the quote told her it comes to £440 but i can do it for £300 cos thats my day rate.
she wanted me to start at 10 so i got worried i wouldn't be able to do it all, so asked a mate if he fancied hoovering and pre spraying for £50, said yes, did the job but one room was full of cat hairs, they wouldn't come out just hoovering so got the brush out, still no good so switched the pumpin off on the trucky and used as a hoover, me one way and me mate with the sebo theother way, still not good enough so nicked some masking tape and reversed it round our agitation brushes, took a few go's but bingo, got all the cat hairs out, the women went into that room while we were doing another and we heard her squeal with delight, took 2 hours to do that room, did the other 9 rooms in 4 hours,
she paid me £300 cash and then said heres £50, youve worked really hard and that room looked like a brand new carpet.
could of given up on the cat hairs but thats not how i do things. its not the money its the pride and the look on the face of the customer.
gave my mate £60 so he was well happy,
i was happy with £290 for 6 hours work and the customer was happy cos the letting agents were giving her grief as she didn't declare she had a cat.
£50, thats 227 cans of asda's finest lager
in off the red.
daryl
whats this concerning so i can gather my thoughts.

derek

Jim_77

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 10:51:38 pm »
Nicely played Derek ;)

Sounds like an ideal customer.  I hope you've got her new address so you can still market to her?!

You need a rotary for those pet hair jobs!  A combination of a brush to agitate after prespraying and then a bonnet to finish off after extraction would have saved you a hell of a lot of time and effort ;)

derek west

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:41 pm »
jim.
didn't get her address but get this for freakyness.
went to view a house on friday as weve sold ours and moving into rented for a few years. the neighbour of the house we viewed was cutting her grass and came over to chat, she saw my t-shirt with affordable cleaners on it and said "yuve got a big job on monday" shocked i said yes, how do you know, she said " i'm her cleaner and i'll be there helping her to move. sure enough she was there and we move in a week friday so i'll get her new address of my new neighbour.
i'll do the bonnet buffing thing like you said when i get some new gear but until then, i'll be nipping down to partners for some wide roll masking tape.
its been a strange week and still can't get over that 50 quid. thats more than i'm getting for the bedroom i'm doing tomoz.
derek

Jim_77

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 11:10:34 pm »
You'll find the busier you get the more freaky stuff happens!  It can also be a sign that you're heading in the right direction, i.e. you're reaching the same people in the same circles.  You end up cleaning for friends who didn't know that each other uses you.

The freakiest thing that has happened to me lately is that a customer phoned me up for a quote just as I rolled up outside her house... to clean for her next-door neighbour!  I didn't need to put a neighbour-nudger through her door! :)

I've also been driving down the same street or one very near when a customer has called for a quote.

"I'll be there in 45 seconds"

"EH?"

"Look out your window!"

:D

derek west

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 11:19:54 pm »
jim
well funny.
this would make a good thread.
derek

carpetworx

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 11:54:45 am »
I really like your style Derek,with commitment like that, you'll go far.As for agitation have you looked at a RDM,does the job for me,and you can charge more,aswell as the carpets drying quicker.