Kev Loomes

CFR, Scorpion or Mytee??
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:31:01 pm »
Looking to have an extra machine, cant decide which though. I like the idea of perfect heat on the CFR and the solution tank lasting so many times more (saves keep re-filling ;D ) but I also like the idea of the power of the MYTEE which is a fair bit cheaper  ;) But I also like the idea of the SCORPION with the power and the option of extra tanks.

All got similar psi at 500, but its the other things that count. What do you lot think - it's doing me head in!

Kev

p.s. why cant there be a machine that combines the psi with the best CFM, instant heat, recycles, has auto dump/refill, good price etc etc?

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: CFR, Scorpion or Mytee??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 11:01:53 pm »
Depends on what you clean and what you are used to, also do you run long hose runs?

For more power you have to trade heat and visa versa unless you buy an inline heater, but you'll have to find more sockets.

I've had a CFR and like alot of cleaners didn't get on with it, they are possibly for a select few.

The Mytee is spoken well of by Chris Straker and I have a Mitey 1 not to be confused with Mytee. The Mitey 1 is very much a baby Scorpion but it's light and easy to use, I use it for spotting and small jobs I have recommended it to some people.

Shaun

darrenlee1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:18:56 pm »
hi shaun
not lookin to stir porty against truckmount
but do you find life easier having a porty on van for small jobs rather than using truckmount
whats the mitey one like
darren

p.s kev i wood say mytee what have read seems better value and good all round quality

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 05:50:30 pm »
How much is the mytee speedster kev??

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 07:15:19 pm »
Shaun

Looks a hands fool to carry for just a spotting job and at £600 plus; smallish job still run the hoses out. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Kev Loomes

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:54:33 pm »
Hi Fibrefresh

I've heard that the speedster goes for £1,650.00 + vat, plus hoses, tools etc. But even so a dam good price!

TonyMarti

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 04:25:28 pm »
I bought a Mytee from Matt at Cleansmart-a lead given to me from Rab-cheers for that, I can honestly say on performance it gives an excellent clean, customers are extremley happy with the outcome & the carpets are usually dry within an hour. After sales service from Matt is spot on as well.

Tony
Servicing the Kingdom of Fife

rs_cleancare

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 05:54:15 pm »
Tony,

I have been uming and arring about purchasing a Mytee the spec looks very good and i like the idea of leaving it in the van on some jobs as i have a 400ltr tank in there.
What machine have you been using before the mytee? and did you go for the auto fill option?

Rob.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 07:46:19 pm »
With the Mytee, they say at cleansmart that they have 2 internal heat exchangers. Are they optional? and what is the heat like running from cold water?

Kev Loomes

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:10:16 pm »
Come on guys - anyone?

What I think maybe ideal is this:

Mytee Speedster
2 tanks from the scorpion range
Wonder wand
CFR handtools

The benefit of this setup is:
1. Instant heat
2. Tons of water and auto dump
3. Double the CFM against the CFR
4. Competetively priced
5. Still be able to visit apartments by remaining portable
6. Better results on UPH with the handtools
7. Dryer carpets with the wand

What do you reckon?

Kev

Robert Watson

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:35:22 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Received  delivery of the Mytee today. That's where my heads going.
Will try it out tomorrow, and post back. 
The Kitchen Door Centre

cleaning co

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 05:03:00 am »
hi kev, u will not get anywere near enough heat of a mytee heater running from cold water it be luke warm at best , u got to fill up water tanks with hot water,dont buy the water tanks from scorpion place they are so over priced and only hold about 125ltr ,buy a 400ltr tank from cleantech for about 120 pounds ,
although the mytee is a good machine and good price its not as good as the ninja   ,  i know this as i hav two mytees and ninjas,and the mytee has two switches for the heater but it is really only one heater it has two switches because of the way it is wired

rs_cleancare

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 07:53:18 am »
Kev I spoke with matt from cleansmart and he advises not to go with auto dump due to them getting blocked. Just buy 25ft of dump hose and put it to your nearest drain.
Rob.

Kev Loomes

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 08:12:42 am »
Rabby
Cheers for that, I'll await your response!

Gary
Thanks for the info, are you running older Mytee's? are they the same as current ones do you know? They have 2 internal heat exchangers, is this not sufficient? I understand you run an Ashby's V2 heat exchanger - any prob's to date?

Rob
Ok, mate thanks.

I still cant make me mnd up ::) All I want is LOTS of instant heat, lots of water (recycle CFR? or tanks), but it must remain portable! ARGH. And anyone dont say go buy a truckmount!!

craigp

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 08:24:40 am »
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_25

Gary,

do you have a waste tank? i would have thought thats easy just put a tank inline of your vac hose, just before the machine, am i right?

agree with you on them scorpian tanks, well over priced for what they are,

Craig

cleaning co

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 08:43:09 am »
hi  no i dont hav an extra waste tank i use auto dump with 40ft hose,  mines never got blocked, to hav a extra waste tank it would hav to be a scorpion one as they spec made for vac suck a cleantech tank would prop implode on u i recon as they pretty thin compared to a machines tank
as for the mytee heater mine are 2000watt but i am sure u find its just one heater but has two switches because of the wiring setup,mines is def just one heater but has two switches

steve cardy

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 02:12:02 pm »
The heaters in the new mytees are two seperate 1kw heaters put togeather.

dennis moriarty

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 02:34:44 pm »
how effective are these heaters? i notice on the cleansmart site they say that add cold water and you get instant hot water at the wand!! i e-mailed matt and he assured me this is a great machine. price is wildly different though- on cleansmart they are quoting £2000+vat. on woodbridge by phone £1990 including vat.

fibresafe

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 03:01:33 pm »
Woodbridge are advertisaing at £2145 + VAT? Look on 'what's new'

http://www.wcsuk.com/

dennis moriarty

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 03:42:19 pm »
Yes that's right but I phoned Daniel who quoted me £1990 all in. Got it confirmed by e-mail.