the red carpet

Why dont we use mops?
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »
Would mops not be a better form of aggitation than brushes?
They would still distribute the pre-spray, they would still aggitate and they would extract a certain ammount aswell taking the top layer of the filth off, meaning theres less dirt left, so we wouldnt need to use as much water = dryer carpets.

Why are we not doing this? as it makes sense to me.

Macarthur

Re: Why dont we use mops?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:28:33 pm »
I agree, personally pefer to prespray, leave to dwell, then bonnet buff aggitate as opposed to brush, prior to extraction.
Nigel
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

fibresafe

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:32:20 pm »
I've agitated with bonnet mops before, it works well but unlike brushes need laundering. Applying pre-sprayer gives you the control you need. Don't know what customers would think if you turned up and started mopping the carpet with a normal mop!

the red carpet

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:54:05 pm »
I was thinking of using a squeggie type mop? why would customers find this any stranger than using a brush?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 09:57:12 pm »
Professionalism should stop you from using a mop.

Shaun

the red carpet

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 10:21:11 pm »
Why? because its not industry practice? come on to a customer whats the difference between a brush and a mop?

carpetguy

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 11:11:51 pm »
Red

You have come up with an idea that was used, before bonnets, but is still recommended as a substitute for vacuuming, in some situations

The only company I've come accross who use the method are the producers of the original bonnet mopping system.

The idea is not as dumb as it might seem, but it's using a particular product and a flat mop, of similar construction to bonnets.

robbie

professionalism, is getting the best result, by whatever method works, best.

the little mop I'm referring to, gets into spaces a wand can't reach and is very quick and efficient in certain situations

fletch

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 12:01:26 pm »
When you use a brush it's the bristles  that loosens the soil.
How would a mop reach down into the pile of the carpet to loosen the soil  ???
DIVIDE & CONQUER