Liahona

Re: Minimum charge????
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 07:57:54 am »
A lot of cleaners, truck mounted, porty and dare I say dry, often talk about that they want to make a hundred an hour while they are cleaning. If thats the case, why on earth would you charge any thing less for a minimum charge? If you charge in the end about 50 an hour under normal situations then 50 would be a good minimum and so on. Best, Dave.

the red carpet

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 10:59:43 pm »
That makes good sense, your minimum charge should be your hourly rate, as even the smallest job with the setup and breakdown is not gonna be far shy of a hour.

rich hand

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 10:18:30 pm »
Hey red sometimes I can get to my next job within an hour from my last picking up 35 on the way and they're stilled 'made up'! And I havent got a TM like you. It's how you enter it into your diary!

the red carpet

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
"sometimes" is the key word, sometimes we can all manage it, but in reality something usually goes wrong.

Traffic
No parking
Chatty customer
Cant find the address
Lots of furniture
The carpet they want cleaned is at the back of the house, so you have to lay a load of dust sheets first
Its a 3rd floor flat

Come on, you know how it goes.

To charge less than your hourly rate is robbing yourself, that said i rob myself on a regular basis :(

rich hand

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »
I must be lucky then because I rarely have any of those problems, honestly.