Derek

Re: Lounge suite
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:11 am »
I am not sure when the above article was originally published but I do know that Rayon blends in fabrics have risen in recent years so that a ninety percent rayon content is not uncommon  ...reason...its cheap to produce and looks nice.

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2006, 11:44:31 am »
The poor man, he only wanted to know how to clean it.

My advice would be.

(1)  Pre-Test by cleaning Zip End of cushion. You could do a Wet Crock Test
            at this point also.
     (2)  When dry, brush up the pile, then check for softness to touch, colour
            transfer and compare this with the rest of the fabric.
     (3)  If you would like to know anymore about VISCOSE look under RAYON in
            the encyclopaedia.
     (4)   Spend time and go on some good upholstery course such as the NCCA
            or IICRC.
            YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SPEND AS MUTCH TIME AS POSSIBLE ON TRAINING
            COURCES.     
            You can always meet poeple who are in the same boat as you.
            GO FOR IT.

There is also a good FABRIC CLEANING AND CARE MANUAL out there which you can obtain from Chemspec.  I would strongly recommend you purchase this as
it has a wealth of information at you fingertips.     

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2006, 11:48:11 am »
The poor man, he only wanted to know how to clean it.

My advice would be.

(1)  Pre-Test by cleaning Zip End of cushion. You could do a Wet Crock Test
            at this point also.
     (2)  When dry, brush up the pile, then check for softness to touch, colour
            transfer and compare this with the rest of the fabric.
     (3)  If you would like to know anymore about VISCOSE look under RAYON in
            the encyclopaedia.
     (4)   Spend time and go on some good upholstery course such as the NCCA
            or IICRC.
            YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SPEND AS MUTCH TIME AS POSSIBLE ON TRAINING
            COURCES.    
            You can always meet poeple who are in the same boat as you.
            GO FOR IT.

There is also a good FABRIC CLEANING AND CARE MANUAL out there which you can obtain from Chemspec.  I would strongly recommend you purchase this as
it has a wealth of information at you fingertips.      

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2006, 06:15:12 pm »
Done IICRC and woolsafe but a few years ago. Was working for someone, but when you work for yourself the jobs that go wrong are at your own  risk and come out of your own pocket when they go wrong. If in doubt then walk away.. like I have

Derek

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »
Alan

Hope you are keeping well young man

The Chemspec upholstery book is good but you have to remember that it refers to fabrics in the US of A .. this does not always reflect the UK market

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:46 am »
Derek

I am keeping quite well thank you , I am enjoying the chat I thought you would get in the last word.

Regards 

Alan

Derek

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 05:47:12 pm »
Did you get another van then Alan?

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2006, 01:48:20 pm »
Not yet enjoying life???

All the best

Alan

*paul_moss

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2006, 07:37:06 pm »
 ::) ::)
Its like all our yesterdays  ;D
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2006, 10:07:32 pm »
something we sometimes forget being self employed, at least there's no time to be depressed ;D

Shaun

ROSINA INVESTMENTS LIMITED

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 11:56:47 am »
Hi all,
      Quoted a lounge suite today ( 2 seater and chair ) and i'm just a bit unsure of how this is to be cleaned.
Fabric consists of 13% cotton, 44% viscose, 1 % silk,, 34 % cotton chenneille, 8 % linen.     Some advice on this would be great !   Thanks for any comments !!   :)

Geoff

This is worrying. If you don't know how to clean this product then you shouldn't be in business, IMO. You should have completed training courses and worked with a reputable cleaning company before leashing yourself into the wild west. Have you enough money to replace the suite should it all go wrong? Or are you willing to claim on your insurance and load the premiums next year? I fear that there are far too many people who just buy a cheap machine and off they go as a 'professional' carpet cleaner.

gwrightson

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 12:06:11 pm »
rossina , i thinking your a lttle on the stupid side, why are you trying to belittle people ?

the reason he is asking for advice is so he does not do what you are implying  that is why !!! 
can you not see that??

I wonder why you wernt forth coming with advise!!!!!!!!!!! strange really!!

Geoff.
ps, I imagining your sat googling , how to clean suites now Ross
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 12:10:46 pm »
No I'm not stupid, especially as I have created a massive company in property development and management. For you not to take my advise is STUPID!   ;D

Am I not allowed to express MY opinions, after all, this is a democratic forum, is it not??

Damian

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 12:22:37 pm »
Rosina-you seem to be not giving advice? If you really wanted to help then you would have applied yourself in a more proffesional manner and simply proffered advice on how to clean such said upholstery. However the best you seem to manage is to condemn and critisize! That is no way to behave on a "democratic forum" and you are really showing your true colours now.

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

dave401uk

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 12:25:32 pm »
Rosina, wouldn't it be nice ::) if you could post on the positive side of things,just for a change,people come to the forum for help and advice,but then if you know every thing,why would you want to be here, Ive been a c/c for over 25 yrs,and am still learning,nor am i afraid to admit it,

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Damian

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 12:25:54 pm »
P.S how is the list coming along? Am i on it yet? I really want to be with the "in" gang!  ;D

Damian.
Kids for the ex-missus. The fireblade is my baby!!

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2006, 12:26:23 pm »
Rosina-you seem to be not giving advice? If you really wanted to help then you would have applied yourself in a more proffesional manner and simply proffered advice on how to clean such said upholstery. However the best you seem to manage is to condemn and critisize! That is no way to behave on a "democratic forum" and you are really showing your true colours now.

Damian.

Have you looked back at some of your posts, they criticize, condemn, and hang other members - that's the pot calling the kettle black!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2006, 12:28:14 pm »
You have been mentioned, however, not enough times compared to a certain 5 other members. I now have just over 700 emails but it's slowing down now.   :)

Adam Young

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »
Pre spay gold and then Fibre and fabric rinse.....Dry it as fast as possible,l If its dry before you leave, stay at eas 8)
NCCA Member 1630

Adam Young

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2006, 12:34:33 pm »
P.s take some of the reply's on here as complete B*ll*it

Adam.

Take care.
NCCA Member 1630