Chris R

Re: dave ingram and the woodbridge t/m upgrade
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:21 pm »
CHRIS R 
I am a bit puzzled about the "spinning disc " on the front of yours, because mine doesnt have one.
The Kohler engine (yamaha) is right at the front and has no exposed moving part

Hi,
Its right slap bang in the middle of the engine. Its a large " dinner plate size" disk, with vents in it, and 4 screws holding it in place.

When the engine is running this disk spins ( very fast). If you catch yourself on it you will rip the skin from your hand / arm.

If you happen to be lucky enough to have long hair, and it gets caught in this spinning disk, it would pull your head into the engine and REALLY HURT your face !  :-[

In most cases its not a problem, but sometimes, in a rush and without thinking, you might reach across the engine to get something from  down the side of the tank.  :o

Your head is then only inches away from this disk , thats probably spinning at 2800rpm.

At the least it should be painted a different colour, so that it stands out. But really it wants a large cover, that doesnt spin, fitting over it.

If you are having trouble finding this disk, just run your hand over the front of the machine when its switched on, you will then easily find it  ???

regards

Chris

PS I think that the 15hp model is a bit different from the rest of the range. Looking closely at the picture ( bottom pic is the 15hp) it does look like its got some sort of guard over the disk that I am talking about.
Staffordshire

craigp

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 08:31:46 am »
i think its the fly wheel in there. but could be wrong on that. if someone knows different can you please tell me what it is.

John Kelly

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2006, 08:57:06 am »
This is part of the engine cooling system. Primarily  these engines are designed to operate lawn mowers. The black grill is a screen to prevent grass cuttings entering the cooling shrouds.
I have to say I am very surprised that this moving part has been left unguarded and CE certification has been obtained. This is a potential hazard and should not be exposed. I have only dealt with the 12 and 15hp on the Prowler and they do not have this. When we had the Prowler certified we had to make alterations so that non of the moving parts were readily accessible.

PaulKing

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2006, 01:57:15 pm »
It spins and you put your head near it! the fumes are definatly getting to you.

What if a kid/hoddie gets in the van you'll be front page of the local paper "LOCAL CLEANER MANGELS LOCAL KID" SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!! picture of the beast on page 2.
( mind must admit it would be a good anti theft device slice their hands off like a bacon slicer)
Go and buy a large combi boiler exhaust cover and retro fit it asap, you should be able to pop rivet it  on using washers without to much trouble.

Happy and safe cleaning.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

PaulKing

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 02:30:00 pm »
No one seem to appericat that Woodbridge are being very good allowing alterations to the TM and keeping the warrenty intact, where the machine need the mods or not.

Fair play to them

carpetclean

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 03:54:15 pm »
my t/m has a guard fitted over the spinning wheel !!!.
i went back to woodbridge today and had a quick fit valve fitted to the waste tank so i have the choice of dumping to the waste or clean tank. free of charge!!
i noticed another t/m being fitted and a lot of things listed on the begining of the thread are now standard.
like john said to me if anyone has a complaint they can always ring him direct and he will sort the problem out .
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

craigp

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 04:11:08 pm »
lets be fair to woodbridge in the pics and on the panther i saw there IS a cover over this flywheel thing. as there is on all thses types of engines

Steve Chapman

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 04:56:51 pm »
I've just aquired the promount 18 and it does have the spinning disc which i've nearly caught my arm on a couple of times so i think i may get a guard  to be on the safe side, :o

seems like the other models already have one ???

regards
steve

Matt Read

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 06:54:11 pm »
No offence carpet clean but i tried to spend 12k with woodbridge and he never returned my calls once !
Matt

carpetclean

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 09:20:22 pm »
No offence carpet clean but i tried to spend 12k with woodbridge and he never returned my calls once !

cant offend me matt as i am not a spokeman or reap any rewards .  im sorry you you had a bad experience with them. there is  a glitch sometimes in their service which is very frustrating and it needs addressing.
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

PaulKing

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 09:25:31 pm »
Honestly it has a spinning disc you can catch yourself on be bloody carefull as it canot be CE certified if thats the case, and your liabilty insurance would be worth zip.

Get a  guard and get it tested quick

it roates with the engine and not even a warning label.........

carpetclean

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2006, 06:59:07 am »
i wanted to popst a picture but i will explain the 27 has a guard that fits over the spinning wheel. it looks exactly the same as the smaller models but as i say has a guard fitted over the whole thing with only 4 screws holding it on so easily fit if you look at the main web site in america of chem tex and compare the models you may see what i mean
NCCA   IICRC

name peter reed

Steve_Knight

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2006, 07:20:48 am »
Hi All
You pay your money and take your chance

Always remember.....

YOU BUY CHEAP YOU BUY TWICE!!!

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2006, 09:36:16 am »
Hm :-X