Rory

Lucozade!?!
« on: May 06, 2004, 12:19:31 am »
Unfortunatly, i split lucozade orignal on my almost brand  new blue carpet. the stain sticks out like a sore thumb, and some what ruins the room, i applies 1001 carpet cleaner, and then rubbed it it and left it to dry as i usally do with stains, however this is stuck in. Is there any way that i can remove the stan, or at least fade the orange mark, without damagin the carpet futher, bleach? PLS help!!!

Len Gribble

Re: Lucozade!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 12:40:56 am »
Rory

I think you may have damaged the carpet yourself then expect a pro cc to rectify your 1001 and rubbing, what I would do in your circumstance is contact your insurance co the will send out some one who will state wilful damage!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 08:54:42 am »
Rory

As Len has said the Insurance way is now your best bet.

The original stain may well be covered and your 'panic' measures may not invalidate the claim at this stage... what you did is a natural reaction.... don't do anything else though.

However, if your policy you have doesn't cover this specific accident then you may be able to get a professional to 'section' the affected area....that is cut it out and replace.... this is not be as drastic as it sounds.

Bleach...you may have seen reference on this site to bleaches ...we are not referring to household bleach (Sodium Hyperchlorite) this will damage a wool /wool blend fibre carpet even more..(it simply dissolves wool)

Regards
Derek

woodman

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 01:19:10 pm »
Hi Rory

Sounds like it's a no no.

If you have accidental damage cover claim on your insurance you won't be accused of wilfull damage your allowed to 'give it a go' and you will be entitled to replacement.

You will have to pay the excess usually £50.00

Trevor

PS, Don't use 1001 on your new carpet it causes all kinds of problems.
If you have to spot clean use a solution like Stergene which is woolsafe

Rory

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 08:01:41 pm »
omg my dad is going to utterly kill me  :( anyway thanks a lot for your help guys. really appreciated. is their any possible way you could think of where i could make it not look quite as obvious or something. my dad is gonna literally kill me if i tell him, that carpets worth a fortune per square metre  :'(

Derek

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:57:55 pm »
Rory

The best advice I can give you is 'Come Clean'...pardon the pun totally unintensional

Say " Dad, I had an accident whilst you were away do you want to shoot me now or in private?"

What else can he say...you have taken the initiative.. he will probably have a laugh albeit through gritted teeth

Best of luck

Let us know how it goes

Regards
Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 01:17:21 am »
Sage words, Derek,

Smacks of comming from an old reprobate  ;D

I should have known you before my divorce  :-/

John.

Rory

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 02:10:37 am »
Thanks alot lads, il post u and tel u how it goes. aint telling him tonight, he was in a bad mood, u dont know my dad lol. kk ty again. thanks all of u.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 02:53:46 am »
Rory

Some what confused one minute it was your carpet now it’s your Dads who will kill you. Who ever the carpet belong too take Derek advice, when ever I have screwed up always beat them to the first punch, then you don’t get punched.

I agree with Trevor too a point but care should be made in what you say or put in writing too to any one, insurance co like small print.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)